OtakuBoards

Mahoromatic--yeah...it's good

TheGodlyME

I like this anime, in fact I own it. However, now I think there may be a sequel or second season or something. The set that I have contains episodes 1-12, but this other one, one that I see being called season 2, claims to have 14 episodes. Is this second season a sequel to the first Mahoromatic. I can't tell if this is a completely different 14 episodes, or just the 12 that I have with 2 more added on. Can someone help me with this dillemma?

Also, if this is a sequel to the first one(i.e. there are 26 different episodes spanning 2 series') then are there going to be more series coming out?

Yes, season 1 contains only 12 episodes. Season two, the 14-episode series, picks up right where the original ended. If you are wondering, yes, the second season has been licensed by the same company that brought over the first: Pioneer Animation. The twist at the beginning is that Mahoro's younger sister comes into the mix. Lastly, the [I]Mahoromatic Summer 2003 TV Special[/I] holds a separate license, and has yet to be claimed by any US distributor.

Um... Don't try to talk to me about the series. :o I only keep my eye on some series because I'm interested as to why some are licensed, while others are not. Sorry. :sweat:

Hey, thanks for the info! I have bought the second season and it's on the way to my home right now!

Sadly, I have another problem. It seems that NOBODY KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AROUND HERE. So...in that way of thinking, what does everybody else think of Mahoromatic?(that is, assuming that someone other than me has seen it) Do you think that it's just another maid show or do you like it, like I do? What about the point of the show, or the general storyline? Does anyone like the animation style? WHAT DO YOU THINK? WHY DO VERY FEW PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE ANIME THAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT?

O_o Well, due to my ethical and moral standards, I'm very thorough when it comes to watching an anime. Apparently, there is some nudity in this series, and that keeps this show just out of my range. :twitch: Now, if it was implied nudity (where you don't see anything), that would be a different story. Haha, my ex-roommate used to make fun of me because I wouldn't watch some of his "highly recommended" movies simply because of the sexual content! "You are missing out on a life-altering story/experience because of something so stupid?!" he used to say. Bah, if the nudity somehow had a reason, that message could just as effectively be brought across by implied nudity. But I digress...

I think no one knows what you are talking about simply because this anime seems to appeal to a very small audience. I'm not a fan of romance anime, but I've never seen one either (I'm not a fan of romance in general). I had the urge to give one a shot during the summer, to see what's so "beautiful" and "wonderful" about this genre, but I never did, and for two reasons: 1., I couldn't decide on which one; and 2., the urge to do so wasn't that big.

Well, that covers everything. If it's any consolation, I think the art style is very beautiful. I really like that style, and it seems that all romance series use it or something.

Thanks again for the info--sorry for the third post in this thread.

I was complaining that when I talk about stuff, I seem to be slightly ahead. I mean with FLCL(Fooly Cooly) I was yakkin' about it a while ago. My friends can vouch for that because that's all that I could talk about for around a month's time. Nobody said anything when I made a post. Now that it's been on CN, it's the hot topic. It really is a burn that when I get something new, and nobody knows diddly about it.

And about the nudity stuff: I respect greatly that you have such an opinion. To each his own, you know. I'd just tell my friend to beat it if they wanted me to go against my morality code(however small it may be). Also, yeah, I know Mahoromatic has some nudity(lots! :smirk: ) but I still like it.

PS!: I found the FLCL post I started with a few series questions(Titled:Haruko, the Space Bass, and I'm lost --Dated 7-5-03)I got no reply and was left to ponder my confusion in total darkness. It took me the month that I had FLCL on the brain to figure them out.