OtakuBoards

School Grades..

CharmedImmortal

[size=1]I did asked my teacher why I got a C in my report card, when I did all my best to earn an A.

Well, he told me that I was improving mostly of all what I'm doing and everything, the stuffs that we do, the activities, and all that. But he didn't really explained everything why I got a C and a low participation, when I always look at him and take notes on whatever he explains in class.

It's just that I really don't understand why I got a C. I did confront him, but I didn't really got a straight answer from him.
He only told me that at least I was improving on what I'm doing more, especially when he looked at the test that we took last friday, since my test paper was done checked by my classmate today.

Well, I guess I'll try again for this next report card. Whatever matters to me will be done. o.o[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fate [/i]
[B][color=teal]My family pushes me too hard to be perfect. I hate it.

My grades so far:

Chemistry: A

English: A

History: A

Art: A+

Math: A-

Okay, so math is my worst subject. I hate it. I'm not really trying to boast, so don't take it that way! To my family anything lower than an A is like, "Oh my God! Kitty got a B! She must be sick!"

I feel like punching everyone.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
I know how you feel, that also happens to me!!! If I get a B it's the end of the world!!!It's really annoing and I have a lot of special activities after school and I'm the best student in my class,what more do they expect!!!, anyway, here's how I rate how my parents get when I get the grades:

A: "good, great..."*hardly look at the paper...*

B:"What happened!!!!????, do you feel ok?"

C::eek: What happened here!!!, if you don't do better, we'll be forced to take action!!!"

D:" It's the end of the world!!!!, Everyone to the Church!!!!":cross:

E:"You will never do any special activity for the rest of your life, and will never read anymore manga or watch animore animé for as long as you live!!!!!":bawl: :bawl:

It's really annooing!!! I hate it soo much!!!!!!:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!:mad:

Well CharmedImmortal, you kinda sound like me right now...

Except:
*Lucky me...my classes stated on the 13th of August...
*I got an A in P.E.. (Not gloating...if you see me, you'd know this is an ironic joke...)
*I'm actually failing my U.S. History, but that's probably because I take really bad notes in that class and don't really like it much to begin with. Oh, and I forgot to turn in a few things...
*I kinda quit caring years ago, when I realized that I already know (what I assume) to be enough to carry on a conversation, divide complex fractions, and write rhetorical papers. (In case you don't know what rhetoric is, think "********"...)
*Actually, I am stressed about my grades right now, considering an F may be coming. My 9 wks. end next Wed., so I do have some stuff to worry about...

Well, as you can see, you ain't totally alone in long posts! :laugh:

Welcome to the forums!

Oh wow. I'm so glad my parents are not psycho about my grades....well then again, I've always done fairly well in school and stuff. In fact I used to be nuts about my grades when I was younger and if I got even a B I would burst out in tears. Heh heh, then I grew wiser and learned that school isn't everything there is in life and that there are so many more fufilling things to do (i.e.- making friends, falling in love, watching anime [hee hee, which is the same thing as falling in love......] ) So nowadays I make sure I still get decent grades AND have a life outside of school, which my parents respect, and I'm eternally grateful for that.
And about the teacher issue, I've learned that it's really hit and miss, and that some years you get good teachers and others you get bad teachers. However I found it is a great idea to be nice to them, good or evil. Like my chemistry teacher for instance..... (oooh, mean and evil!) :devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CharmedImmortal [/i]
[B][size=1]Hello, I'm new here in this site and I hope I am welcome to be here. ^_^

So here i go with the topic...

I started school on August 26, and ya, since school starts I was very busy. I got new teachers, friends, heavy books to carry, and stuffs. But even though i met new people, I never want to talk to them. I just want to be alone for a while until I got my first report card. The only thing that worries me is what I'm going to get in my report card when they start sending it to us.

To me, U.S. History is difficult, especially the teacher is trying to be difficult with lessons and projects. But the good thing about class is that you get to do the same thing every single day. It's not a really good thing, but a boring one too. The teacher makes you take notes everyday in this section and that chapter, blah blah blah...whatever! I got sick of it! and tired of it! But at least I participate, and never once say a word to anyone excpet when the teacher talks to me. So I guess I was the most quiet one in class.

After a month, the school starts sending our report cards, and I was excited and worried about it. I can't sleep at night, can't think, can't eat, and all that. I don't know why, but i think because I was worried that I might get a lower grade. But so what? i really don't care whether it's low or whatever it is, average, or high. I just want to know what my grades are.

Yesterday afternoon, I finally received my report card. And guess what? I got a A for English Literature, another A for Math, an A for Science, and a B for Physical Education, and none for Service (They don't give you a grade in Service and that's kool!). P.E. was okay that I got a B on it, it's just that I can't run too much laps that they tell us. But whatever, it's just P.E. and all you gotta do was exercise and all that stuffs.

My U.S. History grade was HORROR! Yea..it was. -.-
That teacher gave me a C and a low participation. o.O
How did I get a low participation if I never talk to my classmates?
All my grades in my quizzes are high enough to achieve an A for my report card. God! what's wrong with this teacher..-.-,

Ever had this problem in life? If so, share it by posting in this thread.
( I'm sorry for making this long. ^_^;..It's just that I'm used to this. Thnx. ) [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight.

You have no idea why...you got a low participation grade if you never talk to your classmates? It's called "classroom participation" for a reason; you participate with your classmates...meaning interacting with your classmates...meaning talking with your classmates. If I was teaching you, I really couldn't care less if you got A+ on everything. If I saw you weren't participating, I most certainly would not give you an A or B. Your instructor values class participation. Learn to participate. Simple as that.

If I sound harsh...tough. Don't complain when you aren't fulfilling the class objective to begin with. The instructor expects a certain thing out of you, and you failed to provide that thing. What do you expect your instructor to do? Give you an A?

Hmm...real great there, buddy. Participation usually means just answering his/her questions, not just interacting with people. So, pull that head of yours out of your butt, if you can tell the difference between the two... <-<

Anyway, I have an idiot for a Chem. 1 teacher, so I'm kinda doing my work by myself and getting help from some of my friends. Honestly, I wish I'd gone into AP Bio. 2 so I'd actually be passing a Science course. Chem. is, like, a D+ right now because I still don't get all of the math... T-T

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Plasma Tsukasa [/i]
[B]Hmm...real great there, buddy. Participation usually means just answering his/her questions, not just interacting with people. So, pull that head of yours out of your butt, if you can tell the difference between the two... <-<

Anyway, I have an idiot for a Chem. 1 teacher, so I'm kinda doing my work by myself and getting help from some of my friends. Honestly, I wish I'd gone into AP Bio. 2 so I'd actually be passing a Science course. Chem. is, like, a D+ right now because I still don't get all of the math... T-T [/B][/QUOTE]

Huhuh...sure. Like you know what you're talking about when it comes to teaching. Class participation encompasses EVERY mode of interaction in class, idiot. Hence "CLASS participation." Idiot.

So, pull that head of yours out of your butt.

[SIZE=1]Ack! me hate Spanish class.... My teacher makes us say stuff over and over and over and over and over......... yeah... My grades are pretty good cept for science.. I hate that class *EVIL! glare* Science should DIE! UNLESS WASHU IS TEACHING IT![/SIZE]