Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Shonen/Shoujo-ai and Yaoi...How's it "taken" in Japan?


Recommended Posts

Guest rttocs77
Posted
I have not seen too many Shonen/Shoujo-ai or Yaoi animes, but the few Shonen-ai ones I have seen I have enjoyed. This isn't about which one are your favorites, etc... I was wondering more about what the Japanese in general feel about it?

I know the target audience for Shonen-ai and Yaoi are females. Why do you think that is? Is homosexuality an accepted 'lifestyle' in Japan?

I still can't beleive, and will never forgive, Cartoon Network making Michiru and Hikaru cousins! :flaming: I think it is the most proposterous thing I have ever heard concerning the editing of an anime/cartoon/TV Show/ film.

Personally, I would like to buy a major TV station and perhaps Turner so that I would own Cartoon Network, and I would air Gravitation, subtitles, uncut, during the peak hours and the hours when school kids would be watching. I think people need to learn to accept it and editing out for kids is not the answer. Acceptance needs to be taught at a young age, because appearantly not many parents are teaching it well out there.

This has gotten way of topic, but yeah. Is it accepted in Japan and do Shonen-Shoujo-ai anime shows perform well compared to the more 'main stream' ones?
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]We JUST had this thread. It's constantly repeated and gets very old. Give it a little more time and then try this one again.

Linkage: [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=31499]The last thread.[/url]

Thread Closed.[/color][/size]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...