Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Hello all, :beer:

I've been checking out these how to draw manga books at amazon.com

They seem pretty good, and I've decided to get one...but which one?

Ive been debating between these two...
"How to draw Manga: Compiling Characters"

and

"How to Draw Manga: Male Characters"

or any other ones....

Any suggestions for those people who have either(or any of the other how to draw manga books) one of these books? Thanks.


oh, yeah, and Im sorry if this isnt in the right place.
[/color]
[/size]
Posted
i would guess the How to draw Manga: Compiling Characters on because it has both male and female characters
Posted
Wow, I've recently been looking to buy one of these books too. Not for me, though, for my friend.

Flipping through it, she actually said it didn't look as useful as some other art books in the store (it was a comic store). Er, I'm not sure what they were, and I'm not an artist so I really have no input here. Anyway, suppose I'm just letting you know that there might be better things out there.

The How to Draw Manga books I saw were pretty cheap, though, so that's a plus for them. :p
Posted
[font=arial]My sister and I periodically get each other that sort of book for gifts.

If you're just wondering which to get, my suggestion would be to go to Waldenbooks or Suncoast or some such place, and browse through a couple of them. See which has the most of what you're interested in. If Amazon has got the prices you're looking for, by all means, order there....but if you can, take a look at a hard copy some place. You'll get a better idea of what you're looking for and what you're getting.[/font]
Posted
I would suggest Compiling Characters, It started me off and it shows you how to draw male and female bodies. This book also teaches you how to start of with your comics, and tells you all the supply's you should get. It can teach you all the basics, mostly shading and wrinkles.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...