OtakuBoards

Hero

DarkElfAngel

Travis looked as Luke went to go sit as the table in the corner. He used to sit with him so he wouldn't be alone but that was before he bacame popular.

[I]No one sits with him, he doesn't fit in[/I]

Travis watched as Steven started making fun of Luke and how he was a loner and that no one liked him.

[I]But we feel like we do when we make fun of him[/I]

He laughed as Luke started getting angry. He knew he shouldn't but in order to stay where he was he had to.

[I]Cause you want to belong do you go along[/I]

Steven looked over at Travis as if saying it's your turn. Travis started saying things he shouldn't have said. All of the popularity going to his head.

[I]Cause his pain is the price paid for you to belong[/I]

They all watched as Luke stomped out of the cafeteria. All of them laughing at his back.

[I]It's not we hate him or want him to die[/I]

Travis laughed along with them, but inside he felt horrible. He had just betrayed his best friend in the world. He stopped laughing, told them all to shut up, and then walked out after Luke.

[I]But maybe he goes home and thinks suicide[/I]

Luke walked over to his locker, grabbed something out of it, and then walked to the boys bathroom.

Or he comes back to school with a gun at his side

Travis had seen him go towards the boys bathroom so he followed him inside and managed to see the gun Luke was holding.

[I]And a kindness from you might have saved his life[/I]

He ran over to Luke and grabbed the gun. Asking him why he would resort to that. To kill himself.

[I]Heroes are made when you make a choice[/I]

Luke explained to him that he had no reason to live. He had lost his best friend and his parents were always yelling at him. So what was the point.

[I]You could be a hero[/I]

Travis looked inside the gun and emptied all the bullets into his hand.

[I]Heroes do what's right[/I]

He walked over to the trash and threw them all away. He walked over to the window and the dumpster was right outside of it. He tossed the gun out the window into the dumpster.

"No, you haven't lost your best friend." He walked over to Luke. "Cause I'm right here."

[I]You might save a life[/I]

Luke smiled and they did their secret handshake they have had since kindergarden, which always had a few modifications because of the new moves they came up with.

[I]You could be a hero, you could join the fight[/I]

They walked out talking about all the stuff they had missed out on. Travis quit hanging out with Steven and his gang and instead hung out with Luke, both of them staying the very best of friends.

[I]For what's right, for what's right, for what's right[/I]

Ami walked the hallways all alone. A normal day in her life.

[I]No one talks to her, she feels so alone[/I]

She walked towards her locker and took out her books. She was about to close her locker when she banged against her locker, a small cut forming at the end of her eyebrow. She turned around and saw Stacy standing there, laughing. Stacy was the popular girl, the girl every girl wanted to be, and the girl all the boys wanted to date. Ami couldn't stand her. She turned back around and ran off to the bathroom to get her cut to stop bleeding. A small tear flowed down as everyone laughed.

[I]She's in too much pain to survive on her own[/I]

She reached the bathroom and looked in the mirror. She grabbed a papertowel and slowly dabbed away the blood that had stopped bleeding luckly.

[I]The hurt she can't handle overflows with a knife[/I]

She noticed her arms. Covered in cuts that she had made.

[I]She writes on her arm, wants to give up her life[/I]

Sure she had cut herself, but she could never bring herself to do enough to end it all. Something in the back of head told her she shouldn't.

[I]Each day she goes on is a day that she is brave,[/I]

She wiped away her tears and the left over blood. She gathered her bag and her books.

[I]Fighting the lie that giving up is the way,[/I]

She ignored all of the looks she got and reached her classroom. Her seat was in the back, left corner. No one payed her any attention there. She sat down and took out her book. She noticed a small piece of paper land on her desk. She opened it.

'I'm sorry'

She looked around to see who could have thrown it. No one seemed to be paying any attention. She crumpled up the note and threw it away. She sat back down and noticed another piece of paper land on her desk, again no one was paying attention.

[I]Each moment of courage her own life she saves[/I]

'Don't worry, everything will turn out alright.'

She smiled, silently thanking the person whoever wrote the note. Knowing someone cared was enough to stop her from doing the worst.

[I]When she throws the pills out a hero is made[/I]

Everything was gonna be ok. She knew it would.

[I]Heros are made when you make a choice[/I]

She was looking down at her desk when she heard a pair of footsteps stop next to her. She looked up and saw Karen, Stacy's best friend, standing there.

"Here." Karen handed Ami a small bandaid. "I'm sorry about what Stacy did earlier. She had no right to do that."

Ami looked up at her. "Your Stacy's best friend. Why are you apologizing?"

"I was only her friend because I wanted to be popular. I didn't see till Stacy had hurt you that it meant being mean to others. I'm sorry. You seem nice. Can I be your friend?"

Ami smiled. "I'm guessing you wrote this note and the other one?" She showed her the note.

Karen blushed. "Yah I wrote those. Kinda cheesy huh?"

"Very." Ami smiled. "But thanks. Wanna sit here?" She gestured to the seat next to her.

"Sure. Thanks? For what?" Karen sat down looking at Ami.

"For helping me realize that I did have someone to count on."

Karen got up and hugged her. "I'm glad I could help."

[I]You could be a hero, You could join the fight[/I]

Karen sat back down and both girls got ready for class, both of them glad. Karen, for being able to help someone and Ami for having a friend, a real friend.

Alan walked home. Dreading when he got there. The only reason he was going back home was for his brother.

[I]No one talks to him about how he lives[/I]

His mother was always drunk, always falling asleep everywhere. That made his father angry, which wasn't good when he was also always drunk, and he took out his anger on Alan, who always made sure it was him and not his brother.

[I]He thinks the choices he makes are just his[/I]

He got home, luckly both his parents were gone, probably at another bar. He got home and saw his little brother on the floor covered in bruises.

"Derek!" He ran over to him and picked him up. "Derek?"

[I]Doesn't know he's a leader with the way he behaves[/I]

Derek opened his eyes and looked at Alan. "I'm sorry Alan. I tried to tell mom and dad to stop drinking like you do but mom left and dad hit me."

[I]And others will follow the choices he's made[/I]

Alan hugged him. "Derek the only reason I do that is because I'm angry at them. I know they won't ever stop drinking."

[I]He lives on the edge he's old enough to decide[/I]

Derek started crying. "I just wanted to be tough like you are..."

[I]His brother who wants to be him is just nine[/I]

Alan held him tighter. "I'm only tough on the outside, inside I'm scared."

"S--Scared? B--B--But your not scared of anything!"

"Im scared of losing you."

[I]He can do what he wants because it's his right[/I]

Alan got up, walked over to the phone, and called social services.

[I]The choices he makes change a nine year old's life[/I]

They were both taken from their home and put into the care of their mom's sister and her husband.

[I]Heroes are made when you make a choice[/I]

Derek now goes to 3rd grade and lives happily with his Aunt Jenny, his Uncle Tom, and his big brother Alan.

Alan's parents were given 10 years in prison and after they finished a lifetime of community service for child abuse, drug and alcohol overdose, and damage to private property.

Alan has helped himself and his little brother in more ways then one when he made that one call.

If he hadn't called social services then him or Derek could have ended up in the hospital, or worse, dead.

Thanks to Alan, both boys are happy to be away from their abusive and neglectful parents.

Now more than ever, Derek wants to be a hero, just like his big brother Alan.

These stories prove that not all heroes have nice armor and shiny weapons. Some often are seen wearing everyday clothes. Travis, Karen, and Alan were all heroes, in their own special ways.

They all did something wrong, but in the end they did what was right. Even though people did get hurt in the process.

These stories may be true for some people. Some of you or maybe someone you know, may know a person like Luke, Ami, or maybe even Dylan.

Well if you do or know someone is hurting in anyway, be the hero. Who knows? Maybe YOU could be the one to save a life.

Just knowing you can or have helped someone in need is great. It's one of the best feelings ever.

Join the fight. Be the hero. I can promise you. The feeling of knowing you've helped or have been helped is something you, and the person who helped or was helped, will never forget.

Written by Me.

I wrote this story awhile ago. I think it's one of my best works. Well go ahead and tell me what you think. L8erz!