OtakuBoards

How do you beat Protoman?

Meteora

Guest Crimson Spider
S-rank? That is nearly impossible.

You'll need to resort to invis 3, drop down, popup, wood aura, or elec aura to deflect his blasts, and use your OWN sword against him.

P.A.'s really help. If you can get the Z-cannon, he should be no sweat. Lifesword 2 and 3 are also good choices.

[color=666666][size=1][i]Well I did it. I used this chip called elec ball. Well when Protoman hit the ball it made the damage the ball does go up so it went to 999 so when it hit Protoman it did that much then I got three Protoman chips in a row and I killed him S rank. Now Im trying to beat Knightman S rank can you help me with that?[/color][/size][/i]

Guest Crimson Spider
Analyze his patterns. Once you figure out how to avoid his attacks, they are rather easy.

First of all, if he slashes forward, just slide under it. Use either Charge shots, or Treebomb Chips to inflict the most damage. If he makes the two swords and they spin around above him, you stand somewhat a distance away from him. I believe you slide under the first one, and Jump the second. But I haven't played the game in years, so bear with me.

If he is above you, use treebomb chips to hit him hard. But slide back and fourth and when he slams down, you jump and blast him with the most powerful thing you have, whether it be a charged shot or a chip.

Here's a trick: If you have a charge shot with max power, and a high enough charge rating to get it into red, it does the same damage as a 90 damage chip, but doesn't make the boss flinch. So if he lands, unleash a full blast, then use a chip immediatly afterwards for full strength.

I think that's all.