OtakuBoards

CounterStrike

Guest The Narcissist

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised no one else has replied... I've never played CS for the Xbox but personally when you look at a game like Counter-Strike where randomly pulling the trigger and moving around like crazy isn't going to get you anywhere I prefer it on the PC with my mouse and Keyboard. Unlike most other FPS Counter-Strike demands you be accurate and have control over what your doing while I bet playing with a controller on the Xbox with some friends can be very fun and because of the controller would provide fluid and fast paced gameplay. It's not exactly what CS was originally created to offer so i'm not sure I like the idea of this PC port to the Xbox. I also doubt the internet competition with the Xbox is as mind boggling good as the competition out there in the PC realm XD.

EGM gave this game a lukewarm reception. They seem pleased with the number of levels present, but only two play modes and the lack of a true solo campaign brought their score down. You're also unable to lean and crawl.

I already own Rainbow Six 3; I wish I could play it on Xbox Live. It reminds me very much of Socom (which is a good thing). So, I'm sure it would be a blast. Especially with the downloadable content.

• 2 weeks later...
I have both Rainbow Six three and Counter Strike. They are both very good games, but both with completly different styles. Counter strike is very pick-up-and-play while Rainbow takes more skill. I also noticed that rainbow is more realistic. Also, the people who play on them are also different. Rainbow has more friendly people on it while Counter strike people are...vulger. I am not insulting some people, but others are really annoying and I just mute them. Both games are good, and CS is probably better on the X-box because of downloads and extra maps. Just trying to help :).