Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Whasango aka Volcano High


Recommended Posts

Guest FLaMebOiZeRo092
Posted
Hey everyone well this is my first post and im wonderin if any of you people out there has seen the korean move Whasango aka. Volcano High. Its mostly known as Volcano High and its going to come on MTV on December 21st. But have any of you people actually seen the movie? [IMG]http://http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/kungfu/volcanohigh/volcanocover.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
I saw it, and I think it was so funny...lol...the plot is ludicrous, the fight scenes are ludicrous, the characters are nuts. But that movie was so fun to watch!!

I watched it in korean with english sub-titles so that might explain the plot confusion, but then again...none of it really made much sense scene wise...hmmm....
Guest FLaMebOiZeRo092
Posted
well its about a high school kid that was exspelled out of 8 schools of being a freak and his parents send him to whasango aka volcano high as a last resort. he fits in perfect at this school. basiclly he excpected it to be regular school but at volcano high its hard to stay out of trouble
Posted
Whoa, on MTV? That'll be interesting.

I watched it not too long ago... great movie! Funny, action-packed, etc. It was really cool. ^_^

I think I'll probably watch it on MTV... any idea what time it'll be on?
Posted
I'm not sure, but I think it'll air commercial-free (although it might have one short intermission) on MTV, Sunday December 21 at 9:00pm Eastern/Pacific. It's going to be dubbed by famous hip-hop/R&B artists and Pat Morita.

It goes without saying that the voice overs won't be exceptional, but I'm sure it's going to be a hilarious dub. I think bad dubbing of live-action films is hysterical, plus those of you who've seen it subtitled say it was funny. I can't wait.

If you miss the MTV version on the 21st, you can count on it airing again and again until the next commercial-free MTV movie. This could be months.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I saw the adds for it on MTV...it looks good...and I might wach it...but I really don't know about the rappers/R&B artists/actors doing the dubbs....they might ruin the whole story or something...but I will wait and see...
Guest OutlawKFK
Posted
Yesterday I watched a show on MTV called Volcano High it looked like a normal japanese movie.

Until the characters talked the voices were famous rappers (BIg boi and Andre 3000 from outcast) and one comedian Tracy morgan.

But my question is was this a original anime in Japan or originaly made in America??


I don't care it was pretty cool just want to know :naughty:
Posted
Whasango, AKA Volcano High, is a South Korean Action Fantasy movie.

[URL=Whasango, AKA Volcano High, is a South Korean Action Fantasy movie. ]Educate yourself[/URL] with this nice review I read on it.
Guest OutlawKFK
Posted
Thank you for clearing that up for me:D
Posted
[size=1] Oh geez, talk about horrible dubbing. Why were all the voices the voices of African-Americans? O_o

Anyways...the voices really ruined it for me. It was uh...*coughs* I watched the movie about a year ago in Korean, and it was pretty funny. The fight scenes didn't look that great, but some parts [especially expressions] were laughable. Don't know why they aired that on MTV...[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] Oh geez, talk about horrible dubbing. Why were all the voices the voices of African-Americans? O_o

Anyways...the voices really ruined it for me. It was uh...*coughs* I watched the movie about a year ago in Korean, and it was pretty funny. The fight scenes didn't look that great, but some parts [especially expressions] were laughable. Don't know why they aired that on MTV...[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree. With,well, everything maladjusted said. It would have been better if they used asian voices. It was really freaky to here a rapper's voice coming out of an aisan body. When I was telling my dad about it because I thought he might like it once I came to the part about the voices he said "You had me intill you said that." and well basically shivered. lol MTV could've made it much better then they did if they didn't use the voices of famous rappers for publicity. I mean I like Andre(sp?) 3000 in Outkast but his voice comming out of that body was...simply freaky. Not that at sometimes it wasn't funny. heh Like when he used a really emotinal voice. That would have me laughing sometimes.
Posted
Hmmmmm I missed this I guess it never really interested me anyone know when/if it is going to be airing again sometime in the near future -_o? I could always scope the NET for a download somewhere but i'm really too lazy to do that XD.
Posted
Heh, I liked the crappy dubbing. When I heard that the voiceovers were gonna be rappers and the such I didn't exactly go in expecting greatness. I mean, Snoop Dawg isn't exactly the greatest actor in any medium. I don't think MTV was trying to make this movie an audio masterpiece, they hit their mark pretty well, in my opinion. And the movie itself wasn't meant to be no masterpiece. Sometimes ppl go into movies expecting too much and can't appreciate the simplistic sillyness of certain things. O well.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I saw it, I think it was pretty good ^_^ I watched it two times! Mr. Ma was kind of an ***...And, if the school was in so much trouble, why didn't Hakrim just break out of jail and waste all the teachers? ya know? With his powers, he definately could!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...