OtakuBoards

Similars?

Amity

Have you seen different animes that are basically the same?? I have. Well, they don't have to be almost exactly, but the set ups are similar. I see these types everywhere on Anime Unleashed. So, how about it? Go ahead and list away!!!:D

[color=coral]2 anime that's similar..would be [b]ruruoni kenshin/samurai X[/b] & [b]samurai deeper kyo[/b]. They're both are damn similar.

-both are about samurai
-Formerly kenshin was a battousai. Kyo also has a former evil side..can't remember his name ^_^;
-Samurai X has one irritating girl in the group: KOARU
Sanurai Deeper Kyo also has one irritating girl named Yuyue(but more beautiful & sexy)
-Chinmei from Samurai Deeper Kyo looks a lot like Enishi(samurai X)similar personality laughs like one witch & wears a small specs hanging by the nose.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sweet Pie [/i]
[B][color=coral]2 anime that's similar..would be [b]ruruoni kenshin/samurai X[/b] & [b]samurai deeper kyo[/b]. They're both are damn similar.

-both are about samurai
-Formerly kenshin was a battousai. Kyo also has a former evil side..can't remember his name ^_^;
-Samurai X has one irritating girl in the group: KOARU
Sanurai Deeper Kyo also has one irritating girl named Yuyue(but more beautiful & sexy)
-Chinmei from Samurai Deeper Kyo looks a lot like Enishi(samurai X)similar personality laughs like one witch & wears a small specs hanging by the nose.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin are about the same because in Samurai X, the guy is Kenshin. In RK, the guy is Kenshin. Samurai X is the prelude to RK. But, Trigun are kind of similar:

-both the guys refuse to kill people
-both have scars
-both have extremely bad luck
-both have a girlfriend that died

Shinsengumi PeaceMaker Kurogane and Rurouni Kenshin share a few similarities.

-Time period is nearly the same.
-Both contain Saitou Hajime (famous member/leader of the Shinsengumi)
-Both contain a "small" boy with the wish to become strong after the death of his parents. (Although in Peacemaker the story centers around this boy, in Kenshin this boy can be seen as Yutaro or Yahiko).

I'm sure that as PeaceMaker continues to air in Japan and I watch the fansubs I will discover more/better similarities but those are just a few to note.

Well, the Slayers and Silent Mobius are almost the exact same anime! They both use magic based attacks and swords. Both have characters much alike, and well, they're just so similar. There is only two things apart,

-The Slayers contains no guns.
-Silent Mobius is an women's police force.