Artemis Posted January 17, 2004 Posted January 17, 2004 Has anyone else heard of the J&H musical? We're performing it this at our school. I'm pretty excited b/c I've never been in the school musical before (the drama teacher scares me), but I decided not to miss out on my senior year. I'm sure everyone knows the basic story; I was just wondering about the musical specifically. We haven't gotten our scripts yet. ~art~
Xyandar Posted January 17, 2004 Posted January 17, 2004 I have never heard a musical of Dr.Jekkyl Mr.Hyde. That would be very interesting to see! How do you make a musical out of it??
The Vampire: Ed Posted January 18, 2004 Posted January 18, 2004 HBO has shown a Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde musical on several occasion. It stars David Hasselhoff of all people, and he plays Jekyll and Hyde. I managed only to see parts of it, never the full thing, and all though I'm not a big musical guy. I thought it was pretty good, even with some bad singing on Hasselhoff's part. Also, I realize it's a live musical on a stage and they couldn't exactly do a make up change to more accurately represent Hyde, it was still very humorous how it was done. Jekyll transformed into Hyde, and it was known only by the fact that Jekyll's long hair was tied back in a ponytail, meanwhile Hyde's hair always fell free. Other than that, he of course, had a different personality as Hyde.
Artemis Posted January 19, 2004 Author Posted January 19, 2004 I'll have to see the Hasselhoff version....I was interested to see how we're going to perform it. We've got a lot of pressure to do well b/c it's the drama teacher's favorite musical [i]ever[/i]. *shrugs* I guess we'll pull it off somehow. Personally, I'd like to perform [i]The Secret Garden[/i]. That has some [i]beautiful[/i] music.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now