Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I felt bad perpetually resurrecting my own [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27394]old thread[/url], when it's technically against the rules ... so I started a new one. :p

I have put off for a really long time a few requests from wonderful people ... here is the first. Noelle, my [b]deepest apologies I'm a horrible person![/b]. Here's what I came up with ...

[img]http://pantheon.yale.edu/~elc23/fun/noelle_ban2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pantheon.yale.edu/~elc23/fun/noelle_ban2b.jpg[/img]
(better version of the above, I think)

[img]http://pantheon.yale.edu/~elc23/fun/noelle_ban1.jpg[/img]
Posted
You know, that's how I make my borders too (the second one, I mean). Now, you just need more colors! ;)

I [B]REALLY[/B] hate body piercings, so I'm having a hard time looking at a banner where people are bolstering their presence. The border and taste of fonts - as always - are very nice and suits the rest of the banner.
Posted
I really love your font choices in these. I think they go along perfectly with your chosen images. I also think your cropping skills are great, these are cropped with perfection, I do not see any mistakes in your cropping. Hmmm...I guess overall I love them ^^. Really great job.
Posted
Thanks, guys :) Looking at them on a different computer, I realized a horrible error!!! in the first two (my laptop's screen is so darn accommodating, whereas this monitor is brutal). I'm not going to tell anyone what it is if they didn't see it, though :p.
Posted
[i][color=darkblue]I think I see it... I think it's the backround. It may just be me, but the backround doesn't seems to be missing in a little sliver of space to the left of the furthest left character, and in another space to the right of the furthes right character. Other than that, they're both really good! I love how you put a picture in the font! Exellent work!

~Kieko[/color][/i]
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]I honestly love them all. Veru good work indeed. I just couldn't ever figure out how you do that picture inside of the text. O.O It's so cool looking...with Kyo's eyes in the back ground. Just one thing doesn't look right with the 3rd one. She just...doesn't match the setting of the picture...Kyo with black hair is sexy already.... ^^ I'm picky...I know, but, it's Kyo-sama we're talking about. I love them.

And how do you make an animated banner?! [/color][/i]
Posted
This forum gets a lot of action.

Anyway, Noelle, since you didn't actually pick a banner so I could attach it, I'll just assume you like the one I liked best and attach the second one. (I agree, by the way, the third one seems a little off, but I figured I'd give you options.) So Noelle, your banner's attached ...

[b]Metatron[/b], who turns out to be fairly nice when he's not whipping your back for a banner, requested this Evangelion thingy which may or may not meet his standards. All the text in the background is part of his request, by the way. It's actually a nice quote ... but the people take up most of the banner.

Metatron, if you want anything changed, or want me to try a different approach, let me know; otherwise, tell me which banner you like best and I'll attach it. (Although, they're all *really* similar. It's one of those figure-out-what-the-differences-are things.) I tried to pick pictures with expressions closest to those you showed me, but it wasn't always easy.

[img]http://pantheon.yale.edu/~elc23/fun/m-ban-1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pantheon.yale.edu/~elc23/fun/m-ban-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pantheon.yale.edu/~elc23/fun/m-ban-3.jpg[/img]
Posted
I think the middle one is best. You know, sometimes you just gotta keep it simple. The text's tranparency is perfect when you have it on the front, but I think it looks better as a soley BG thing.

And the little cut doesn't seem necessary for this banner, although your other banners benefitted from it before.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...