OtakuBoards

In America

Artemis

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Last night, some friends and I went to see [I]In America[/I]. It's an awesome movie about an Irish family who immigrates to NYC. When they told me about it, I assumed it was set in the mid-1800s, but, as far as I can tell, it's present day, or within the last twenty years, at least. It's told from the point of view of the 10-year-old daughter who tells you straight off that they recently lost a child, her little brother Frankie. It's a very emotional movie that had me tense and scared at some points, and near tears at others. I would definitely recommend it, but not if you're just looking for something fun to see. I really didn't know what to expect from it, and since I don't usually see R-rated movies, I wasn't sure if it would get really bloody at some point. (They end up getting an apartment owned by a druggy, and there's a creepy guy on the first floor who's always screaming.) By the time the movie was over, I was emotional exhausted. It was weird, because we get to the theater and everyone else is 50+. :confused: The guy sitting in front of me kept getting ticked off when I was talking [I]before[/I] the movie, so we moved to the very back... :rolleyes:
Anyway, if you've seen the movie, what did you think? Did you like it?
If you haven't seen it, definitely give it a shot!