OtakuBoards

Xenogears

Corey

[size=1][color=#2F4F4F][b]Contains Spoilers[/b]

I recently found a copy of this wonderful, wonderful game after years of searching for one in good condition. However, I'm stuck.
For the past day I've been attempting to pass a specific point in the game.

Fei has already won the Kislev battle tourny and Rico had been sentenced to fight the Rankar R.
Fei has stolen Weltall back and just saved Rico from the Rankar R. The HP 30% Mechanism is equipped with one Armor+2 and one Armor+3. Weltall has 3000HP when it's full and 1500fuel when full.

After the Rankar R battle Weltall is at about 2500-2700 HP and has 1300-1350 fuel. Ether is full.
My problem?

[list][i]Key:[/i] X= X Button S= Square Button T= Trianlge Button O= Circle Button.[/list]

I can't get past the second little Gear battle in the air.
Fei blasts off and is confronted by the Ageisknight R. I can get through there relatively fine, but can't get past the Swordknight R.

[b]Strategy1:[/b] Hit Ageis with two X attacks, Weltall taking about 600 damage. Use the level two S+X deathblow. Repeat. End battle w/Weltall at about 1200-1400HP and 900-1000 fuel. Ether is full unless I opted to restore the defence Ageis took away.
Enter Sword battle. Recover 900 HP with SpecialAbility, -200 fuel. Swordknight hits me with two attacks in a row taking me out.

[b]Strategy 2:[/b] Hit Ageis with two X attacks, Weltall taking about 600 damage. Use the level two S+X deathblow. Two X attacks. Heal 900 HP, -200 fuel. End battle w/Weltall at about 1500-2000HP and 700-950 fuel. Ether is full unless I opted to restore the defence Ageis took away.
Enter Sword battle. Swordknight mows me down within three turns.

.....help me please...[/color][/size]

Guest LuciferRevived
You need to upgrade your response points, I sujest using the MagneticCoat, which gives a good Response bonus, oh, and if you weren't aware, Response is like Evasion, Swordknight may be good, but he's also kinda slow, also, you might wanna go through your inventory and look for better armor upgrades, maybe another ExtraAr +3 and try to find anything that can negate his attacks. I'm a master of this game and have beaten it many times so if you ever need help, come and ask me.