OtakuBoards

Goldeneye 2

Ganon6d9

[SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DimGray]Goldeneye 2, you must be thinking that this is some kind of practical joke. But no, you better believe that [B] Goldeneye 2 is coming to a console near you.[/B]

Details are sketchy to say the least, but from what is known of the title is that you get to play against Bond as one of the villains, most likely a soldier, but here's hoping that Oddjob or Jaws will be available to play as.

The game is believed to be in development by Electronic Arts LA and not Free Radical, the company that was part of the original Goldeneye team. All questions asked of an EA representative were answered with "No comment."

The original article on IGN Cube is [URL=http://cube.ign.com/articles/494/494775p1.html]here[/URL] but you won't find out too much more from the article other than what I've said here. Here's hoping for playable Jaws.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ScirosDarkblade
There's not much out there for Goldeneye 2, yeah, but it annoys me that they're even calling it that. It doesn't take an oracle to predict that this game isn't going to come close to Rare's masterpiece, and everyone knows they're just using the title as a marketing gimmick. I don't mind EA's latest Bond titles, and I hear EoN is quite good, but it makes no difference to me whether they call the next one "Goldeneye 2" or "Keep Your Enemies Closer" or whatever.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=DimGray]I don't think they'll actually call it Goldeneye 2 by the time it comes out, but I don't like the way it being called Goldeneye 2, either. I don't even know how they'd do it from the enemies POV, because who wants to play for the side that always loses?

EA has really gotten a lot better at Bond lately, and judging by EoN it should be a good one. Perhaps even good enough to stand up to Rare's masterpiece. If it is from the side of the bad guys I think that they'll have to completely rework the storyline, prompting them to change the title.

I'll probably buy this one regardless of how good it is, because I have Agent Under Fire and you'd have to sink pretty low to get worse than that.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]