OtakuBoards

Deviled Chess (working title for work in progress)

Brasil

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]The dusty saloon went silent and darts stopped bein thrown[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]When in walked that mysterious stranger, strollin to the center of the room.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]His voice was soft but his eyes were quick,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Dartin back and forth, always ever watchful,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]And mindful of the door.[/size][/font] [/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]He spoke quietly at first,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?Now listen here an listen good,?[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]He said,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?I?ve come here to play a game.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]I?m lookin for one man to challenge me.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]It doesn?t matter who?the outcome?s all the same.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]The prize is well enough your trouble,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Though I warn ya,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Should ya lose, the penalty is more than double.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Which out of you wants to try your hand??[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Now, they say the Devil played the fiddle,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Or so the story goes,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]But this man wasn?t carryin any music, or carryin a bow.[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]The stranger asked again,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?None of you stood to challenge me,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Leaves me not much but choose, then,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Who is gonna face me??[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]He took a step to a table to his right,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Eyeing the cards up, musing near the dealer?s hand,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?Son,?[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]He said, gettin down real close, see,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?You ever not been the dealer,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Ever been on the receiving end.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]I wonder if you take as well as you be givin?,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?Cause you?re really cleanin here.?[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]The dealer began to edge away,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Slinkin to his seat,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]When the stranger grabbed him,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]With fire and brimstone in his voice,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?Boy, get up on your feet!?[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]The stranger raised the dealer in the air,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Cards flyin everywhere and drinks on the floor.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]As the dealer boy struggled, the stranger told the bar,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]?This is gonna be my challenger,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Cause the rest of you didn?t speak,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]He?s goin down fast, folks,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]You watch me break?em like a twig.?[/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2]The dealer was thrown down to a chair,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]As the stranger sat across,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Grinning smugly like a fox.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]With one sweep of his mighty arm,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Plates and whiskeys went flyin ?cross the bar.[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Out from the stranger?s bag came a very special board,[/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2]Checkered red and black with a polished shine. [/size][/font][/left]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Reminds me a little of that song: The Devil went Down to Georgia. Actually, I think you might have referenced it when the line

"Now, they say the Devil played the fiddle,
Or so the story goes,
But this man wasn’t carryin any music, or carryin a bow."

came up.

I am very interested in seeing how this story continues. Though it seems to be set in the Wild West (the words 'dusty saloon') so I don't know how the dealer is going to win in a game of chess. The most complex thing I would think they had out there would be checkers. It is your' story, though, so you may have some tricks up your' sleeve.[/color][/size][/font]