OtakuBoards

Lupin the 3rd: Treasure of the Sorcerer King

dposse

Hi! Im new here in otakuboards! my name is dposse.

there is a new Lupin the 3rd game for the PS2. its called: Lupin the 3rd: Treasure of the Sorcerer King. does anyone have this game? does anyone like Lupin the 3rd? go to this site to read a review of the game: [url]http://www.techtv.com/xplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3638493,00.html[/url]
copy the address and paste it into your address bar. thanks!

did you see the website address that i posted? i will post it again:

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/reviews/story/0,24330,3638493,00.html

copy the link then paste it into the address bar in your web broswer.
go to the website and read the review!

[color=darkblue][font=trebuchet ms]Yes, and as expected of all BANDAI games, it came out to lukewarm reviews in America. When the game hits no more than a $20 price point, I'll get it, as I like Lupin, and my favorite genre is stealth. Still, I wish BANDAI would start making quality games more consistently, especially with the upcoming PS2 release of Cowboy Bebop.[/color][/font]

[b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
I just got this game 2 days ago and it's pretty good. It's hard, though, if you don't know what you're doing.

The controls need a little getting used to, but that's the case with any new game. There are no cheats, that I know of, that are available for this game.(except for a guide book, $14.99 at any game store)

It's cool because it has voices from the TV show. There is a lot of use of disguises and unconventional weaponry. Pick-pocketing is an invaluable skill and problem solving is key.

You play as Lupin.(Goemon and Jigen on certain levels) And each character has their own different controls and weapons.

The very beginning of the game is a bit annoying because there are lots of pop-up screens that guide you through the controls. It's really annoying when you've already figured out the controls but are killed and have to restart the level.

All-in-all, I have to say my favorite part of the game so far is: the puzzles. They're not too difficult.(actually they're really easy) But, getting certain items that you need to get to the puzzles is hard. And once I finally get to the puzzle, I have a great deal of self-satisfaction that I finally figured it out.[/b][/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly, I don't care what they give as review for the new Lupin game. I love it! I'm a huge Lupin fan with the first dozen mangas and when the game came out, I pounced on it. To me,it's one of the best games I've ever played.
There's a Cowboy Bebop game comin' out? Awesome! ^_^