OtakuBoards

Sonic Advance 3

MaxSonic

I'm back, and I'm going to take over the world! Bwahahaha!

I'v been playing Sonic Advance three lately, and it fixes everything from SA1 and 2. Eggman has created a new robot that tries to help his take over the world (Screen3). The Chaos Emeralds are now gained by collecting all the Chao in the stages (Screen1). And the final boss (non super) looks like one tuff *** cookie (Screen2). Has anyone else played it?

Alright! Another Sonic fan!

Nope, I haven't played it yet, but I'm really excited about it. I'm gonna wait until its released (I live in Australia, so it could be at any time) and enjoy its greatness!

I was hoping for Shadow to be in this one, but most people seem to assume that he would just be a clone of Sonic gameplay-wise. But he was completely different to Sonic in Sonic Battle, so it could be done. Anyway, should be good!

Is it just me, or does that robot look alot like Emerl from Sonic Battle? It could be a predecessor to Eggman's 'Phi' line of robots. Hmm...

BTW, do you know the release date for SA3? I have no idea whatsoever, and I'll need to save for it.

[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]I can't wait to play SA3! ^^ I love the Sonic games - I've been a fan since Sonic the Hedgehog 1! (for Sega Genesis!) I also wanna get Sonic Heroes... I've played a demo, & it's fun! ^^[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=deepskyblue]*sighs* Well, I gotta make like Tigger 'n bounce for now![/color][/font]

Just a warning Neptunecat13, Sonic Heroes is bad. Really bad. The only reason I bought it was because I needed it for my Sonic collection. There is ridiculous slowdown (well, at least on the XBox and PS2 version), and the gameplay is horrible. One of the best features of Sonic Adventure 1&2 was the Sonic/Shadow levels, the other characters' levels were kinda poor. The problem with Sonic Heroes is that they've thrown in the other two 'unfun' characters, ruining the sense of speed the Sonic-style levels had in previous games. You'll get to a spot where it looks like you can just let loose and speed off with Sonic, and then you'll get to a point where you have to switch to either Knuckles or Tails to slowly deal with some crappy enemies. It ruins anything that this game could have had going for it.

Obviously, it's ultimately down to you, Neptunecat13, but you won't enjoy Sonic Heroes much whatsoever. Also, if you enjoyed the demo (which I never got to play) you may enjoy the full version, but remember, the game gets frustratingly hard. And not hard that you go "Damn! I guess I'll try something different this time", I mean "Damn! That's my 20th life that I've lost because the game mechanics screwed me over. I think I might go play something that's actually fun...".

I got bad news for ya. Shadow is NOT in this one. You can play as Sonic, Tails, (from the start), Knuckles, Amy, Cream, and SuperSonic (must unlock). However, you get to play with ANY two characters at once like in Sonic 2 & 3. It should come out in June, which is my birthday. And yes, the robot dose look like Emerl. My computer is slow, and the game plays terribly on it, but from what I see, it's the best Sonic Advance yet, mabey the best 2D Sonic yet.

BTW, I think Sonic Heros was an original Sonic game, and I think that it's a decent game. But I doubt SEGA or SonicTeam will give us what we want: Sonic Adventure 3.

Yeah, I guess it was an alright game. But I really wasn't a 'Sonic' game. Throw any other generic characters in instead of Sonic ones, and the game would be worse than Croc. The great thing about the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Advance games is that the game requires the characters in it for it to be excellent (instead of just great), while Sonic Heroes needs the characters in it for it to be good whatsoever. The only reason I toughed the game out was because it was a Sonic game...plus I knew that the last boss battle would be absolutely amazing!