Guest philimene Posted April 5, 2004 Posted April 5, 2004 I, pirate in disguise With no map but a sky full of stars, I navigate the sudden seas. Perilous journeys and dangerous quests await expectantly before me. Between tempestuous weather and wrathful fires, the treasure I seek for is buried five fathoms deep. Lost on a fool's errand the perpetual fog clings to me. My one and only sustenance is the softly glowing sun-rise.
Lady Asphyxia Posted April 8, 2004 Posted April 8, 2004 [font=Verdana][size=1]No! Not cliche at all. I loved it! I thought it was wonderful and well written. It's got a lovely sentiment -- slightly melancholy, [i]very[/i] vivid, resigned but at the same time still hopeful.[/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1]It's lyrical and lovely, and quite honestly, I can't think of constructive criticism for this poem. [/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1]I thought the imagery was fantastic. It really puts you in place and it delves very deep. So well done![/size][/font]
Brasil Posted April 8, 2004 Posted April 8, 2004 I echo Lady A's sentiments here. Wonderful poem. The language is precise but lustrous at the same time. There is a very excellent flair to it, and the tone is remarkable. As Lady A pointed out, there is a melancholy to this piece, but the melancholy never feels blase, forced, or overdone. It's a very nice balance. Right now, I don't have any editing suggestions, but if I do, I'll edit them into my post here. But still, very nice work. Nice job.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now