Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Which card game do you like to play?  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Which card game do you like to play?

    • Pokemon TCG
      0
    • Yu-gi-oh! TCG
      5
    • Duel Masters TCG
      1
    • Magic The Gathering TCG
      5
    • Other
      7


Recommended Posts

Posted
What card game do you like to play and why? Do you like Pokemon TCG, Yu-gi-oh TCG, Duel Masters, Magic The Gathering, or a other. I don't play any of The Card Games because no one I know really plays any card game. So, which card game do you like to play and why? Please take the poll and post here your answer.
Posted
Well , I used to play the old pokemon card game, but that was because it all the range, and it was to be part of the crowd. but apart from that I enjoy playing the Duel monsters card gaem, that is really fun, and after watching the Yu-Gi-Oh series, I reall got into it, and so started collecting, and now i play it for fun with my mates and for fun, and believe me, it is!
Posted
Now this isn't too tough. M:TG, hands down. Yes, I started out as a Pokemon collector, got my Charizard, became happy, stopped playing, fiddled with my cards a bit and continued. But about 5 years ago, I learned of Yu-gi-oh. I played, I collected, got BEWD, became happy, stopped playing. I didn't start up again ever since and my cards are getting dusty...

But M:TG? Now that's a fun game. I'm been playing for 4 years and I'm actually very good. I'd get better if I had some more cards but it's cause of a lack of denaro that I don't...anyways, when I first started playing, I created a formula that would change YGO into M:TG creatures and such. It isn't even that bad either! BEWD ends up being a 3/3, White dragon with flying that costs 4W. Not bad, eh?
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
Well I still play Magic: The Gathering, and it's the only one I really keep up with at all. But I used to play a lot of Overpower, if any of you remember that one. It was a superhero card game, and the rules totally sucked so for a long time we played with a modified version we made up which was a hybrid of Overpower and Magic rules.

I do have just about the most powerful Overpower deck one can put together (although I don't think it's tournament legal because the stats of the heroes are too high overall (there's a limit)) -- 4 heroes: Dark Phoenix, Magneto, Professor X, Onslaught. It's a very mean deck, and so if anyone ever challenges me I'll whip it out and give him a thrashing.

I tried playing Pokemon for about a day, but after flipping a coin 20 times in one game I called it quits. There should be some international standard concerning CCGs that says "there can be no more than one coin flip per game, ever."
Guest phattmasterdj
Posted
I don't really play any of those card games. I get together with my reletives and play penny poker every christmass though. I don't know if that counts, but I thougth I'd put my two cents in. There isn't really anybody around me that plays any of those other ones, so I don't really know much about them.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange]Card games? ^^

Many moons ago, I used to play [B]Magic[/B]--but I then I got a bit confused and stopped.

Yes. I shamefully admit that I also played [B]Yugioh[/B] for a while as well ^^; It WASN"T by choice! I was coerced into playing that game by my brothers.

But you know what card game I love the most? It's [B]UNO[/B] !!! :D After UNO, I also enjoy playing [B]13[/B] [i swear, there are so many variations of this game].

[/COLOR]
Posted
Go with the classics, I say. I don't play any of the aforementioned games (except for Uno heehee). But the best card game s in the world? [B]Poker! Blackjack, ratslap, cal speed[/B]... and [B]The Great Dalmuti[/B] is awesome. As for [B]Magic[/B], my two little brothers are obsessed. Me? I look at the cards because I like looking at the pictures and reading the little quotes heheh. :D
Posted
Just kidding. My favorite card games are more along the traditional playing card games. I love playing Poker and silly games like War. Uno has always been one of my favorites since I have lots of wonderful memories attached to playing that game.

As for the newer card games the only one I might think about getting into is Magic since my hubby's best friend is Senior Art Director for Magic the Gathering. I have only gone through his Magic stuff and enjoy the art, never played the game though. I might have him teach me one of these days.

All in all, I really don't play with card games much except for Poker. Other than that, just solitare on the computer at work when I am bored. :)
Posted
I never got what was so fun about those pokemon and Yu-gi-oh card games... My brother does that stuff and it just looks incredibly boring... But thats just me...

Anyway, I also play more traditional card games... spades, poker, whatnot... anything you can do with a regular deck(s) of cards.
Posted
Definately [b]Magic: The Gathering[/b]. It is the most flexible card game that I have seen, so few CCG/TCG's have rules that can be bent just by adding or removing one word from a card. On top of that it has enough card style variations to provide a strategy for any player, including the ones that want an infinite mana/damage loop.

As for the others listed; I never liked Pokemon (anime or TCG), Duel Masters looks like the redheaded stepchild of MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh, and the rules for Yu-Gi-Oh (from what I have seen) are too over simplified and very restrictive.

Or course, there is nothing that can ever beat a game of Blackjack. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...