OtakuBoards

The Exorcist

Nut

Did anyone ever see an old movie called the exorcist?

I remember my mom always telling me that when she watched the exorcist earlier as a teen, she was almost traumatized, and same for my dad. So when I rented the movie, I was expecting to see something really creapy. Unless something is wrong with me, I don't know why I laughed throughout the whole movie. I thought it was one of the most halarious movies I have ever seen.

Though at the time, it must have been so traumatizing considering some of the effects and things in the movie had never been seen before.

I'm not saying that the movie is bad, I think its good, but I found it funny.

What did you ppl think of the movie?
Oh and I heard that 9 ppl died in the making of the movie...?

yeah i have seen the movie. I think its somewhat creepy, the whole concept of people being posessed and controlled by demonic forces. i heard that at least one guy...i THINK it was one guy, anyway, died falling out a window or stairs or something after filming a scene or something. I dunno it has been years since i have seen the movie, and it has actually made me want to research some of that demonic posession.

The very first time I saw The Exorcist was at a Halloween party I was hosting. I was in 8th grade and there was about 20 kids over at my house. Many of the guys were making jokes about the "pea soup" and keeping the atmosphere really light. Some of girls were really scared. I didn't find it really scary and I think that could be since I was in a large group of people, some of which were making fun of the movie.

I think I need to see the movie again to really give it a fair review. The parts that I did see, when jokes weren't being told, I enjoyed. It was a bit graphic and disturbing when you think about it being based on a true story. It is an interesting topic. It makes you wonder if possession could really happen.

As for the people dying durning filming, I don't know. I hadn't heard that urban legend. If someone here has, please post what you know, I am interested in hearing about it. I think when a movie has an urban legend attached to it, it just makes it more interesting.

I think if I had seen The Exorcist 20 years ago, I would have been much more frightened of it than I am now. I think it's a pretty creepy film on a whole, but I can see why a lot of people might laugh at it. It still is pretty disturbing, the most disturbing scene I remember is when the girl is on the edge of her bed and the two priests and her mother walk in and she is [spoiler] masterbating with a crucifix saying 'let Jesus **** you' [/spoiler]

So...yeah.