OtakuBoards

Galaxy Angel

Naru

I looked around and didn't see a thread for this anime yet, sorry if there is one!

I picked up this manga at waldenbooks the other day and ended up buying it. Its actually very amusing..Milfie is my favorite. She reminds me of myself...only with pink hair...yeah. I know theres a billion of the "Heroine" animes, and most of them annoy me because like in Sailor Moon, the same things seem to happen over and over again [no offence to anyone who likes Sailor Moon], for instance, how many times are her friends going to be in a park and the Negaverse shows up and releases poison gas or whatever. ANYWAY back to the topic. I really like this anime because its very original [or atleast to me it is..] The characters make the story move along well. Actually, today I bought the first DVD. I think i forgot to say that earlier in the post, oh well. The DVD is like the manga in some aspects except it starts out at an earlier time [much like the Chobits manga/anime started at different times].

Is there anyone else who likes this anime as well? If so, to keep this from being spam, who is your favorite character and why?

~naru-chan

Are you talking about Galaxy Angel I? GA is a decent comedy. Within the confines of its tiny episodes, it manages to be cute and funny and avoids being super-sleazy or "wacky." Broccoli only had (the amazing!!) [b]Di Gi Charat[/b] going for it at the time and this made for a solid second string featurette.

GA isn't really the same as Sailor Moon; it takes itself far less seriously and is also pitched at an older crowd. I think it's kind of wide of the mark to compare the two series.

I guess Mint is my favorite character because she is less self-indulgent than most of the cast. She is also cute without being too flashy.

This on a very cute and charming little series, both funny and surprisingly smart witted despite the stupid very shallow story. I have volume 1 and I intend to complete at least season one.Well I notice I get flamed at stupidly for not posting longer responses so Ill say my faovrite character is Mint blancmanche. she is entirely too kawaii for her own good but she has a quirky cosplay and ruthless side to her making things interesting. Overall each character carries their weight in this show and without such great characters, GA wouldnt be on season 3 and so popular in Japan. It goes to show how important great characters are in an nime. Glitz and production arent enough to sell an anime. People have to like and sympathize with the characters to truly enjoy it. GA managed to execute this perfectly

Guest wind goddess
I kinda watched that anime long ago... I like Vanilla there although I think Mint is also cute... that ears of hers is really distracting *twitch*
I like Vanilla because of her healing powers. That's just too amazing. She may be the quiet one, but she really cares a great deal for others. Anyway, I didn't see the manga yet, but that anime is really funny... sugary sweet

• 2 years later...
[QUOTE=densuke]Are you talking about Galaxy Angel I? GA is a decent comedy. Within the confines of its tiny episodes, it manages to be cute and funny and avoids being super-sleazy or "wacky." Broccoli only had (the amazing!!) [b]Di Gi Charat[/b] going for it at the time and this made for a solid second string featurette.

GA isn't really the same as Sailor Moon; it takes itself far less seriously and is also pitched at an older crowd. I think it's kind of wide of the mark to compare the two series.

I guess Mint is my favorite character because she is less self-indulgent than most of the cast. She is also cute without being too flashy.[/QUOTE]

there are actually alot of difrent galexy angel's so its hard to be sure which one were talking about. like the original galexy angel or galexy angel A or galexy angel Z. To be honest im suprised to find people that have seen atleast one of them. anywase to answer the question asked i'd say my favorite char is hmm.. probebly Forte because altho she is kinda a bad *** with all the guns and whatnot and yet she's afriad of mice! i just find it kinda funny lol. i also like how mint loves cosplay and yet she tries to hide it. ^_^