OtakuBoards

New animes [seeking recommendations]

Guest gendou ikari

which of the following is your favorite anime couple?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. which of the following is your favorite anime couple?

• asuka and shinji
    • kenshin and kaoru
    • misato and kaji
    • any gundam couple

Guest gendou ikari
one of my older threads was closed possibly because of my indierect approach on trying to learn of new animes so i took a direct approach and your reading it.
do you reccomend any spesific anime that would fit my tastes?I am very curious and have seen almost all of the episodes of the animes mentioned below (so you dont reccomend them for me)

evangelion
samurai x
outlaw star
gundam 0079,0080,0083
gundam seed
trigun
last exile
rorouni kenshin
Z.O.E
Naruto
The Animatrix(saw it on Adult Swim KUDOS to Adult Swim!but...While watching it I got all disturbed and well...Ill put it this way :wigout: )

If you cant see by now what i like in an anime i shall explain
1.a good ,complex,immersive plot
2. easily relatible characters
3. a sci-fi or medivel concept
4. moving or emotinal scenes
5. guns or swords :laugh:
I would be very grateful if you were to reccomend any animes to my anime searching soul.

Double posting isn't allowed in this forum so I advise you to delete your second post before a moderator does =O. Anyway i'm assuming you download anime if you've already seen all of Gundam SEED and Naruto (or you import/buy HK DVDs) correct? Hmmm... Well one anime that has everything you listed below from the emotional scene to the easy to relate to characters to the medievel setting is [b]Escaflowne[/b], best of all (atleast in my opinion :rolleyes:) it has a good dosage of mecha thrown into the mix as well. Escaflowne is really one of my favorite animes probably second to Rurouni Kenshin. It's got a kind of weird story at the start but it really grows into a great thing. The action scenes in it are also nicely done and the mecha designs are quite original. Since it might be hard to find this anime on the internet i'd reccomend buying it instead. Yeah you may not want to fork over all the money for the box set, so you could always go with the Visions of Escaflowne movie =). You should also check out some of the Macross series, a good starter would be Macross Plus. Then if you find you like that alot and are able to bare horrid old school animation check out the original macross series.

Cowboy Bebop isnt on your list either so you might want to give that a shot, and one anime i'm particular fond of is Full Metal Alchemist :p. Although if your looking for something similar in theme to Rurouni Kenshin look at PeaceMaker Kurogane.

Guest gendou ikari
I have heard of full metal alchemist,as for macross,I dont really care for the animation,nor the story line. Peace maker kurogane is an anime that I have heard remarkably good things about so I might want to look into it. I also might want to look into Escaflone.I thank you for your advice and reccomendations, Hitokiri Zero,And I dont download off of kaza, in responce to your previous question/statement, I import DVD's from Japan,or other websites that sell Japanese DVD's,and dark kikyo,please don't stray off topic ;) I was merely curious. Thank you and goodbye

Guest gendou ikari
:) Thank you also, Yasuhiko for your reccomendations(isn't Yasuhiko a character from .hack infection?);however I do not like Inu-yasha's Anime I am afraid.Oh,well. Just keep up the reccomendations people! While looking into Escaflone I came opun an interisting looking anime called Boogie Pop phantom. Does anyone know if its good or not?I would appreciate it if anyone replied to this statement. Thank you and dzay jen(learned it in my kung-fu school it's chinese for good day or goodbye) (it is pronounced sai jen)!

[quote name='darkkikyo']Kenshin and Kouru forever!!! No-one better say otherwise :flaming: :laugh:[/quote]

*blinks*

May I remind you that this thread has very little to do with Rurouni Kenshin? Hittokiri only mentioned the series in passing, and not as an actual recommendation. So.... yeah. Please read OtakuBoards' rules before posting again, and avoid going off-topic like the plague (or SARs, or mad cow disease--whatever floats your boat).

EDIT: Oh, wait. What the heck? Sorry, darkkikyo; I maintain that your post quality could use some serious work, but at the time I hadn't realized why you mentioned Kenshin and Kaoru. Gendo, when you create a thread, you should avoid adding unrelated polls--that's as bad as wandering off-topic.

Feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators if you have any questions.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#503F86]Ecch, I'm loathe to do this but I'm going to close this thread. As much discussion as there is, it could just as easily be kept to PMs. Gendou, if you want people to recommend you some anime, you could always put it into your signature so people could PM you about it. As it is, this isn't hugely productive. The posts are pretty much boiling down to yes and no answers with eleboration, but it's not really the kind of thing that belongs in the main forum.

If there are any series that have caught your attention I'd suggest looking inside existing threads to see what others have to say about them.

Thread closed. Sorry.[/COLOR]