OtakuBoards

A Psychological Test

Joe

This is a guided imagery that I recently did in my Creative Writing class. It is something that a psychiatrist may use to help define certain aspects of your personality like how you look at things. I enjoyed it and wanted to post it just for fun. It's a good idea to take bulleted notes on the questions I ask (so you can look back on them later).

Here it is:

[COLOR=SlateGray]You are surrounded by meadow. Bright blossoms spring up around you. You taste the cool crisp afternoon air. Up ahead you notice a forest. What does it look like? How does it make you feel?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=SlateGray]You notice a path that leads toward the forest. Is it straight? Curvy? Whats is it made of?
You decide to follow the path. Inside the mass of trees safe and at ease. Sunlight pours through the holes in the thick canopy above, but suddenly you stop. For in your way is a large crevice. It seems to go on for an infinite distance. You are determined to continue and must find a way across. What do you do?
Now that you're on the otherside you continue walking the path. You then discover a key laying on the ground in front of you. What does it look like? What do you do with it? Keep it? Leave it?
Now you that you have decided what to do with the key you get back to you stroll. In a few minutes time you come to a clearing with a body of water. What does the water look like? How does it make you feel? Do you in it? Take a drink? Wash your face? Or maybe just ignore it? Why?
Back on the path you discover a cup. What does it look like? What do you do with it?
Up ahead you see a wall. What does it look like? How do you feel about this wall? How do you get past it?
Beyond the wall is a hill. How big is it? Describe it.
You climb up the hill, and on the other side you see a scene. What is this scene? Do you interract with it? How?[/COLOR]

In this next part I will tell you how what happened in the story relates to you.

The Forest: How you feel about life and being around people
The Path: How you feel your life is set-up
The Crevice: How you problem solve. Inside 'The Box?' Outside?
The Key: Knowledge
The Water: How you feel about Marriage
The Cup: How you feel about romance and sexuality
The Wall: How you feel about your future
The Hill: Problems you think you may have in the future
The Scene: Somethin you wish to do in the future

I hope you enjoyed this.