OtakuBoards

PT/Petey/Anime_fangurl*247 Short Story Thread

Brasil

[font=Courier New][size=2]Hey everyone, I was going through my old Word files the other day for a recent MyO update, and came across some old stories of mine. I figured, why not post them. Call this the..."PT/Petey/Anime_fangurl*247 Short Story Thread." Obviously, larger works and ones with greater significance will get their own threads, with Lady A's approval. So...here goes, lol. *posts*[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]-----------------------------[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]This is more recent, and also untitled. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I like the characters, and there's a gritty feel to it, which I like. I'm not sure how PETA got in there, but hey, I might be able to work with it for a story.[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]?Man, it?s just those PETA people get on my nerves.?[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]?How so??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Well, it?s their outlook on life, you know, how they act.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Example.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Okay, say you?re walking around at a circus.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Hahaha, all right. I?m at the circus.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?And you see, say, a really skinny chimp.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?How skinny??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Eh, pretty skinny. Not skin and bones, but you can kinda see the ribs, and this chimp doesn?t look too healthy.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?So, we?re talkin? Charlie?s Angels Cameron Diaz.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Yeah. That?s what this chimp looks like.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?All right. I?m with you. Go on.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Now, you see this chimp and you think to yourself, ?That doesn?t look right,? but you aren?t about to go all ape-sh-t on the ringmaster.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?I hear ya. No sense gettin? worked up over something like that. Cool and composed is the way to go.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?That?s what I?m saying, see, PETA, they go ballistic when sh-t like that is goin down, and you and I both know that goin ballistic will get you f-cked-up.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Sh-t yeah.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?But just cause reacting like that is wrong doesn?t mean the ringmasters are doin? nothin? wrong. I mean, what they?re doing to that chimp, or not doin?, is pretty bad. That sh-t doesn?t change.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Agreed.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?But when PETA gets in there and f-cks the ringmaster over, that sh-t ain?t right and they should f-cking know better. I mean, that sh-t is against the rules.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Goes without saying.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Man, PETA just pisses me off.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Left here??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Yeah. I?m hungry.?[/size][/font]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2]-----------------------------[/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2][/size][/font] [/center]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2][b]?Smoked Out?[/b][/size][/font][/center]
[font=Courier New][size=2]She smoked often in high school. I don?t recall ever seeing her without a cigarette in the morning, before homeroom. Each morning, as I stepped up to the school doors, I would see her standing on the far side of the building, smoking her morning cigarette. Sometimes I would stand and watch her, and sometimes she would smoke her first cigarette fast enough to allow time for a second. Sometimes she would even have time for a third. The bell for homeroom would ring, usually after her second cigarette, and she would come running to the door.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Of course, she would have to stop and cough along the way, and catch her breath, but she still ran. It was sad to see, really. She ran track up until our junior year. She had to drop out due to health issues. Her parents and coaches believed it to be her asthma returning, but the students knew the real reason. I had all eight periods with her, and I saw the effects, too.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Her teeth were stained yellow; she had a wheezing, hollow cough, and that putrid smell of smoke followed her around, suffocating those around her. The smell was oppressive. It assaulted my nose and it was so heavy that I could taste it on the tip of my tongue. She would reek of smoke the entire day. Each class she would ask the teacher if she could go use the bathroom. I sat close to the door in most classes, so I would watch her exit, and get assaulted by that obnoxious stench, that smell that infests everything.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]A few minutes would pass and she?d enter, a heavy dose of perfume sprayed on to mask the aroma. She would stroll back to her desk, content with her nicotine hit, still craving more, and coughing all the while.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Lunch was fifth period, and I watched her go ask to go to the bathroom, where she would smoke two, maybe three cigarettes. I imagined what her lungs must look like. Grayed on the outside, black on the inside. Dead tissue everywhere. The parts of her lungs that were still functional were fighting to survive. It was a disturbing image, but very close to reality, I was sure.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]The next morning I was in homeroom early to finish up some schoolwork. The rest of my class filed in, and I heard that familiar ring. A few seconds passed, and then one of my classmates screamed.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Oh, my God! Someone help her! Call an ambulance!?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]We rushed to the window and saw a body. Our teachers told us to stay there, but we didn?t listen. An ambulance had just pulled up as we ran outside. They raced to the body and checked for a pulse, then covered her with a white sheet. I didn?t see the face, but I saw the cigarettes.[/size][/font]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2]-----------------------------[/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2]excerpt from:[/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2][b]"College Jobs"[/b][/size][/font][/center]
[font=Courier New][size=2]?So, Pete, what?s up??[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]?I?ve got a job.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Awesome!?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Yeah.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Heh, now that you?re a working guy, snacks are on you, dude.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Shithead.?[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]?OK, Mike, what are we getting??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Oreos.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Oreos??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Oreos.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Regular??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Doublestuff.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?I don?t see them, Mike.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?What the hell??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?What??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Dude, I saw them here yesterday.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Well, they?re not here now.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Dude, that pisses me off.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Pick something else, Mike.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?I want to talk to the manager.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Mike, shut-up, dude.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Up yours.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Look, chocolate chip cookies.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Where??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?There.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Mmm?sweet chocolate chips??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Mike?do you want to pay for that, or are you just gonna keep feeling it up??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Heh. Here.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Anything else we want??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Pop-Tarts.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Need more description, Mike, I?m not a mind reader.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Frosted cherry. Hehe??cherry,??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Sick?you?re ****** up, you know that??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Yep.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Stop grinning. You look like a schmuck.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?I love you, too.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Dude! Get off me.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Oh, Pete, why do you push me away?!?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Mike!?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Please, open up to me!?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Get off!?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Haha! That?s the idea! Now give me a kiss, asshole.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Mike, you need help.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Maybe.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?You?re nuts. Screwloose. A few cans short of a sixpack.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Yeah, I finished that Heineken yesterday.?
?What Heineken??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?The ones by the sink.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]??that was piss, dude?you were supposed to clean them out.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Oh well. Didn?t taste a difference.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Crazy. Totally wacko.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?I?m not the crazy one.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?What??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Nothing??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Okay?I?m going to pay for these. You wait over there.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Do I have to??[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Yes.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Darn. I wanted to play with the cashier.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?No. Go over there.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Fine. I?m going to get you back.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Sure.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?When you?re asleep.?[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]?Go stand by the cookies.?[/size][/font]

[font='Times New Roman'][font=Courier New][size=2]?Mmm?cookies.?[/size][/font][/font]
[center] [/center]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2][b]"Who Goes There?"[/b][/size][/font][/center]
[font=Courier New][size=2]It is a veritable battleground. We are involved in a conflict of epic proportions. But it is not only us versus them. We are not the only ones fighting. Us versus him versus they versus them versus it. That is the struggle.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]It is a battle of ideologies, and we cannot tell who is winning.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]When were the battlelines drawn? We do not think any of us can remember. The war started a long, long time ago in a society far, far away. It?s not the same society today.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]What once was authentic punk and The Ramones is now poseur Hot Topic. Kids walking around in black with dog collars at their necks. Are they really punk? Nope. I have heard Hot Topic customers say the store is for poseurs.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]And the battlelines are drawn. Poseur punks have their army. Watch for that spiked hair, it can slice you open.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]It is a battle of ideologies.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Preppies are out in force, denying others the right to exist. They are the majority, but their brains cannot match their numbers. We are not sure what they think; we do not hang around them long enough to find out, nor do we wish to know. They are here and it is now. That is all we need to realize.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Who are we? We are you. We are Marxist Pythonians. A small band of Rebels fighting against the Imperial Empire. We defy by questioning. We are Marxist Pythonians. We secede from the Union to form our own glorious yet tragically flawed Cinnaminsonia. We are Marxist Pythonians. We declare war on the Delranian Republic just for the hell of it.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Who goes there? We go there. We can hear your hushed whispers. We hear what you say. We are all around you, and blend into the masses. We might be that geek in that chair. We might be changing in that locker room. We are everywhere and we are nowhere. We see you and know you are scared. We are different. We think in twice as many dimensions and our objective is clear:[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]We will survive and rise-up to take control of what is rightfully ours. It is only a matter of time. Are we anarchists? No.[/size][/font]

[font='Times New Roman'][font=Courier New][size=2]Who goes there? We go there. Who are we? We are Marxist Pythonians, so play nice.[/size][/font][/font]
[center][font=Courier New][size=2][b]"The Jesters"[/b][/size][/font][/center]
[font=Courier New][size=2]I'm nothing but a fool.[/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2]I've got bells on my pointy hat[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]And a scepter with a grin,[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]I laugh and joke,[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]And clown and smile[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]And make merry with my kin.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]They laugh at me, they do.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]But they don't know[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]What's really going on.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]They think I'm only[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Having harmless fun,[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]But I'm one of the Jesters,[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]I'm one of the fools.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]And when our day comes,[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]We're going to rule.[/size][/font]

[font=Courier New][size=2]Come to my side,[/size][/font]

[font='Times New Roman'][font=Courier New][size=2]Come to the side of the Jesters.[/size][/font][/font]

[size=2]Quick little piece I wrote a very long time ago. It's about a Southern Hick who is obsessed with bedtimes, or something. I can't quite explain it, lol.[/size]
[size=2][/size]

[size=2][/size]
[size=2]?What was that? You have ta go to bed? Your bedtime is 11:30? Why, that?s ridiculous! Why, when I was your age, we didn?t have no newfangled bedtimes. We fell asleep when we passed out on the floor, and that?s the way it was, and we liked it! When the rooster started cawin? that?s when we went to bed! Not at 11:30! 11:30 is early. You know why? Cause it?is. That?s why. When I was younger, 11:30 was the start of mah night. Me and mah buddies would hop in pappy?s pick-up truck, get a couple of shotguns, and head on over to Ole Peabody?s place. We?d be a-yelling and a-shooting, hollerin? and drinkin, then Ole Peabody?d run out in his pajammies screamin all sorts of stuff. ?Hey, you mangy varmints! Get off mah property! I?m warning you! If ah catch you round these parts one more time, I?m gonna come out shooting!?[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]We?d speed off in the pick-up after Ole Peabody would holler and such, and we went to Johnson & Pecker?s cow farm for a little good ole fashioned cow tipping. It was fun, hooey! Those cows fell down and were mooing?it was hilarious! Sometimes we even got one of those?uh?whaddya call ?em? ?Domino Effects?? Yeah, so we got uh, ?Domino Effects? and a whole row of cows would fall. Then the field hands would rush on out, yellin at us and talking gibberish. You know those field hands who work for near nothing, and don?t even speak English? So, they?re hollerin? at us but we can?t understand a damn word they?re saying, cause it?s all gibberish, and we just push them down on the cows.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2] Then we all get thirsty, so we pile in the truck and head to Jack?s Bar on Sickamore Street. And we?re sitting at the table, drinking and stuff, when all of a sudden a fight breaks out! I turn to mah friends and we?re all like, ?A fight! Let?s do it!? So we join up in the fight, breakin? bottles on people?s heads, throwing people through tables, breaking stuff. But then the pohlice showed up and they start beating us up. They threw Stevie through the window, and then made me spill mah beer. I swung at ?em fer that and they shoved tear gas in my face. There was some feller swinging on the chandoleero thing on the ceiling, but the pohlice got him down right quick. Big ole shotgun blast blew him right off that chandoleero?got him down right quick it did. But they got blood in mah new beer, so I started swinging again. Then they beat me up real good and tossed me into the back of the wagon.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Jail was a weird place and I was scared, but my pappy posted bail and got me out. Pappy belted me somethin? awful when we got home. Then I slept out in the yard and the weirdest thing happened. I was sucked up into the cosmos, right, and there were all these flashy lights and doohickeys on the walls. There were these little green guys runnin? around, talking some crazy talk about their wonderful new specimen. Ah don?t know what a ?specimen? is, so I just stood their and looked pleasant. You know, smiling and stuff. Then these guys laid me down on a long cold table and pulled mah pants down. Folks talk to me about anal probing, but I don?t know nothing ?bout anal probing or whatever you call it, so I don?t think they did that. They did stick a long, cold rod up mah bottom, though. It felt weird at first, but I started to like it after a while. After the rod thing, they shoved me into this tiny little hole in the wall and it smelled like cow poo.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Then ah woke up in mah bed. It was around 11:00 at night. And you were there asking me questions about some theater something. I told you to come over, and you said it was late. You told me you had a bedtime of 11:30. And I said, ?What was that? You have ta go to bed? Your bedtime is 11:30? Why, that?s ridiculous! Why, when I was your age, we didn?t have no newfangled bedtimes???[/size]