OtakuBoards

You're Under Arrest

dumas

I wonder if someone had saw the anime You're Under Arrest featuring 2 Tokyo policewomen Miyuki and Natsumi doing street patrol (like Punch and Jon in the classic tv series CHiP's or the folks of Adam-12) along with their pals Yuriko, Aoi and Nakajima? The manga version was translated by Dark Horse comics.

[color=teal]I watched a few episodes of the live action series instead, thinking it was the anime when I downloaded it. Terrible.

It surprised me how two traffic police officers have the authority to undergo sting operations and have arrest and search warrants. I didn?t like it one bit. The music was terrible, Miyuki and Natsumi are terrible, and their sense of style is terrible.

The twists and turns the story took in some episodes weren't even funny, I could have seen them coming from a mile away. The love interest is typical, too. I never reached the end of the series but I'm taking a wild guess that that?s when everybody confesses their own feelings for one another--I haven't even gotten as far as learning anyone's names, lol.

I have no intention of watching the anime, but for those that do, for your sakes I hope it diverges in a completely different angle from the live action series.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I saw only the first episode of the anime, and it was alright. It was certainly no worse than most first episodes I've seen of any anime. There were a couple of chases and you got introduced to the two main characters. The ending was corny as heck, as they were just sitting around sticking out their tongues at each other and thinking it was very amusing.

I'd watch more of the show if I had the chance. I really like Fujishima's Oh My Goddess!, so YUA can't be 100% crap.

Taiho Shichauzo! II has been fansubbed for ages and the fansubs are still available. I have watched some of the first season, all of the second, the movie, the omake, No Mercy, read the manga, blah blah blah...

It's pretty hard to get excited about it because the police stuff is either boring or improbable. There is some romance, but it is sort of like the Belldandy x K1 thing in AMG - it's either cute and funny or annoying as hell.

Despite all that the TV series has its moments and manages to tell a story without resorting to nudity or violence. The characters are likable. I found it watchable and entertaining, but I thought Patlabor was a better workplace comedy and AMG was a better romantic comedy.

No Mercy, the movie and the omake are all a waste of time though, for different reasons. The movie is spectacular (too much so) and does a bare minimum with the characters. No Mercy is gimmicky and the omake are just a way to serve up the fanservice the other shows stay away from.