OtakuBoards

Lord of the Rings!

Atsuka

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]As most of us know, The Lord of the Rings had been a fabulous sensation throughout many movie theaters and homes. It includes, action, adventure, elves, dwarfs, and a side-dish of comic relief ^_^.

But seriously, i've only seen [I]two[/I] of the three movies, and i'm already hooked. These movies have been based on the books, and it seems that the director has done his homework in making successful movies on The Lord of the Rings.

There is one slight problem; with the movies being 2 to 3 hours, it can be very long. But to some of us, it isn't long enough. And it can sometimes (but rarely) be confusing. My mom had trouble in following from one part to another because she had read the books when she was in High school (but hey, that's just her). Also, instead of shortening the battle scenes, the director made them a little longer than expected, hence since the movie is so long.

The characters are great as well in the movie. The person who played Gandalf did a fabulous job in his part, but i think Legolas pulled through too ^_~ but that's [I]my[/I] opinion. Legolas and Gimli though were great together when it came to comedy, along with Merry, Pippin, and Gandalf in the 3rd movie. But how the orcs and the elves and all the other Middle Earth people looked so real was, i think, the glue that held them together (but Smegal [sp?] was [I]too[/I] real for my part o_O)

But the overall movies themselves are phenomenal. I wouldn't change [I]anything[/I] in the movies. They're grabbing you to the TV, and they won't let go. And i would have'ta give The Lord of the Rings a 9 or 10/10 because it is an excellent movie and i think everyone should see it ^_^

Any comments?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[b][color=seagreen][/color][/b][b][color=seagreen]Well, here we go again....[/color][/b]
[b][color=#2e8b57][/color][/b]
[b][color=#2e8b57]The Peter Jackson/New Line version of the Lord of the Rings is without worth-while competition, the best film interpritation of the Tolkien Books.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#2e8b57]Though it could have been longer, that would have just been clumsy and made it a chore to watch these movies. The three who worked on translating the book to script have done an excellent job finding the core of the books a putting them into a theatrical presentation.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#2e8b57]The three-plus hour movies may seem very big in Hollywood standards, it is running off of a skeleton-crew with the books. Though this is a big bummer, it is for the best. I too would have liked to see Tom Bombadil and Beregond, the movies are terrific.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#2e8b57]I suggest you see the last one, Atsuka.[/color][/b]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]i have seen the last movie, and it was quite good too ^_^. the only movie of the LOTR that i [I]haven't[/I] seen is the first movie (which sucks >.<) but mah dad is renting the movie from netflicks.com so we should be getting it soon. and i also agree w/ Radaghast, if the movies [I]had[/I] been longer, it [I]would[/I] be clumsy and it [I]would[/I] be a chore to watch. so, be thankful they didn't make it [B]4[/B] hours long ^_~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

You brought back the other LoTR discussion, so it baffles me as to why you then decided to create [I]another[/I] one. Your opinions are nice, but let's try to keep repetitious threads on the first page to a bare minimum (as in none).