OtakuBoards

did spyke die?

Guest joshL

Guest joshL
I hope someone replies soon, in that episode of cowboy bebop where Spyke fought Vicious, and Julia got killed and it said "you're going to carry that weight." Anyway did Spyke die, (that would suck!!!) because they didn't sing the real folk blues and that seemed like the last episode to me. I really don't know though. Again please, PLEASE somebody reply quick.

Guest aeroboy
cowboy bebop is a short anime series so it ended on session 25.but i don't know if spyke died.but that was the last episode.sorry.

That was the last episode and, as far as I know, Spike did die at the end. Unless, of course, the Cowboy Bebop movie takes place after this episode, in which case he obviously did survive. I can't claim to be an expert, but it really did look like he died.
Oh, and the Episode was titled (I think) Real Folk Blues Part 2.

-ULX

Guest Sir Crocodile
The Cowboy Bebop movie was supposed to take place towards the end of the anime and all the evidence says that Spike dies. Also, even if he did survive, the guards probaly would've killed him for killing their leader and wrecking the joint.

Guest aeroboy
yeah,i guess that's true.but don't underestimate spyke speagle!but i wounder what happend to ed and ein.

[font=Arial][color=darkred]As far as I know the Bebop Movie take place in between sessions 22- 23 while everyone is still present on the Bebop. As to wether Spike died or not it wraps the series up better if Spike dies as it then leaves no lose ends. Most of the Japanese made anime only has a small number of episodes FlCl on has 6 episodes. the last disc of Cowboy Bebop (sessions 23- 26) everyone leaves or gets killed. I have had many long debates with friends over whether or not Spike dies. I am of the opinion that he doesn't die he just gets badly mauled.[/color][/font]

Guest joshL
Hey, thanks you guys. I always wondered what it would be like if Spyke got his, but now I regret it alot. At least he can be with Julia.

P.S. he said wow Brandon, can I have your autograph? :laugh:

He dies...run through nicely...that is because he would only die at the hand of Vicious, and vice versa. So...Vicious being dead, Spyke has to die as well. And it is not a 'short anime.' It is of average length. Usually anime comes in 12-13, 26, and 52 episodes per year. If you don't see a pattern, that's one episode every month, one every 2 weeks, or 1 every week. A short anime is about 6-13 episodes (reference FLCL, Golden Boy, etc...) In these there is no real time for character development, and the judgement of the show should depend heavily on how well the characters are developed. An average length show is about 26-52 episodes, with a 1 season run. These are the most common; sometimes sequels are made(Ex: Mahoromatic). A long anime, like Ranma 1/2 or Pokemon, can still be seen on Japanese television, and are still going into the 200 and 300 episode count.

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, I believe that this thread has served its purpose. Now you have the answer to your question. Also, please be careful of your post quality, as short and spammy replies tend to be deleted. If you have any more Cowboy Bepop questions, please use the main thread that you can find a link to in the Anime Directory sticky at the top of the page in the Anime Lounge.

Thread Closed.[/color][/size]