Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This is my favorite manga of all time. Hopefully other people read it because I basically picked it up on a wim. Normally I have [I]some[/I] sort of reputation or sample to go on, but for some reason without thinking I just picked volume 1 up and bought it without even opening it up. Thank God. I never would've come across the best plot and characters I have ever come across.

One thing about me, I've always adored complex characters and plots with twists. And this manga-ka gave me plenty of those! However, most authors/directors/manga-ka prefer to keep it simple, so just coming across the perfect story for me randomly was pure luck.

How'd you guys get into Dragon Knights (since its not exactly a "popular" manga)? And do you find the plot/character twists confusing or do you live for them (and why, not just a yes or a no. Cause that's no fun XP )? Woo hoo! Have fun with it!
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
dragon knights is one of my fav as well, i'm not sure why i picked this manga up either, i guess i was interested in the art and detail put in. but where i liek this manga is quite popular, it's always seems like the first manga to be sold out of, and it's very hard to find it. And i agree that the story twits and turns all over the place!! :eek: i don't thin i've read any other manga like it. To me the story does get confusing at times, i really don't know what had happend or the art throws me off and i have to a lot of re-reading, but i kinda like that in a manga, can't wait to see what happens at the end, i bet it's ganna be something totally unexpected!!! :D
  • 9 months later...
Posted
Time to pimp this thread...

I have been a Dragon Knights fan for about a year now. I have read books 1-19 and am looking forward to #20... I got into this series when one of my best friends showed it to me when we first met in Art class. She's a rabid Alfeegi fan...

My favorite character right now is Ruwalk. I love his choice of clothing and we have similar personalities. I write fan fiction for this series, and it usually includes a shounen-ai pairing. (RuwalkxAlfeegi mostly...) :animestun

I enjoy the series because it has a very interesting plot line. It keeps me interested because of the many twist and turns that it has! If someone has not read the series, and is snooping around this [I]dead[/I] thread, I would certainly reccomend it to you!
Posted
I've read 1-18 and am patiently (heh...impatiently more like) awaiting volume 19 from the library.

I stumbled upon the series at a book store, picked it up...and became addicted. I absolutely adore the series.

There have been some parts that were...upsetting...shall we say? Having to do with my favorite characters...and for lack of wanting to fool with spoiler tags, I'll just leave it there and see who knows what I'm referring to.

I've heard rumors of an anime of this series...does anyone know anything about that?
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]I absolutly love dragon knights my favrite character is rath because many times hes the one twisting every thing around though I had really liked kiastern to!
I have manga 2-14 I think (through the library I read up until fiji is leading rath and thaz to the demon castle)

I got started in it because 1 year for chrismass my aunt picked out some manga for us & dragon knights just happend to be one of the things she picked up I love!
it is my favorite manga ever (not including kenshin) *hugs books
the one where cesia transformed into that sacred was great :catgirl:
if only I could read more :animecry: [/COLOR]
Guest Lady Mercinary
Posted
I got into Dragon Knights when a friend at a fencing camp showed it to me. Unfortunately I have only read volumes 1-3 because I don't have the money and our library is just getting into graphic novels. So I know very little about the plot twists, but I do admire the detail. *cries at lack of knowlage*
Posted
Don't worry, the manga revolution is coming! It's coming I say! Soon you shall be among the many informed of Dragon Knights! Okay...so the following is a little small, but that's no reason we can't go all cult like!

Right. Sorry.

My favorite characters have to be Alfeegi, Kaistern, Rath, and Ruwalk. Though I do adore many others... :D
Posted
yeah ruwalk is pretty cool two and in the second book when thaz comes in the dragon lord was kind of funny

oh and

[B][I]bringon the revolution![/I][/B]
Posted
Ha! I love that part. I was laughing so hard when I read that.

What I love is when Lykoulean (or however you spell his name...) goes out in diguise and Alfeegi finds out.
Posted
Okay, I declare this topic officially...pimped. :animesmil

I'm glad that there are others that like this series. I have heard of the rumors of a DK anime. My friend said that she went on Ebay one day and found a Dragon Knights DVD with Rath and Cesia on the front. She said the price for it was in Yen... :animeknow
Posted
Seriously?! There really is anime of it?! :animeblus That makes me so happy. :D

Would you happen to know the conversions from American money to Yen?
Guest AnimeQueen1124
Posted
Yay! Dragon Knights fans! I really don't know how I got into it, I just read the first volume and was into it instantly. Soon it became one of my favorite mangas. I love the characters so much! My faves are Lord Lykouleon, Rath, and Kaistern(I absolutley ADORE them). I've also only read 1-3 so I'm pretty much going crazy if I don't read the rest. If there is an anime on it, regardless if it's yen or american money, I'M BUYING IT!
Posted
~*needs to quickly aquire money so as to own more Dragon Knights things*~ Does anyone know exactly how many books are in the series? Is it 20 or 22? I'm too lazy to go and look... :animeswea
Posted
I've read 1-3 of Dragon Knights. I think it is pretty good but maybe a little hard to follow. It seems to me as if the plot keeps changing throughout each book. But maybe I just don't understand it as well as you people. My favorite charcter is Rath. ^^
Posted
Yeah, I know what you mean. It gets easier to understand the further you get. I wasn't real sure about what was going on with it when I was that early in the series either. It didn't seem like it had a plot. But once you get further into the series, I promise it makes more sense. The characters grow on ya real quick. :D
Posted
it's the first manga i bought...

i really like the art and the characters, and it can be pretty funny sometimes... but i just don't like how it has so many volumes! >.< way too many for my budget....
Posted
[quote name='Kiyu-chan']~*needs to quickly aquire money so as to own more Dragon Knights things*~ Does anyone know exactly how many books are in the series? Is it 20 or 22? I'm too lazy to go and look... :animeswea[/quote]I think that it's either 22 or 23, but don't quote me on that. I can't wait until August so I can get book #20. ^_^

...And no, I don't know the conversions from Dollars to yen... I'm so dumb on stuff like that... :animesigh

My friend also said that she saw an Alfeegi plushie online, and I do remember (quite fondly, actually) seeing a Rath and Cesia plushie on a random Japanese DK site...
Posted
23 manga's according to the tokyopop web site. I have one question though what do you think of a Dragon Knights anime? Soem of my friends have been talking about it and personally I don't like the idea. I was wondering what others might think. Main thing I fear is that the voices won't match the characters or they'd change the voices in the middle when things get darker. Neh :animestun . I think Dragon Knights is one of those manga's that should stay a manga. I mean some animes got a manga(like Cowboy Bebop*shiver*) and they weren't all that great.
Posted
Well, I would love to see the characters animated, but I do have some of the same fears that you and your friends do. Also, I believe that they would make some changes to the characters looks. It would pain me so much to see them ruin Mineko-sama's beautiful style. :animedepr

Like you mentioned before, the dub voices might not match the character's personalities, since some of the American companies don't seem to care about stuff like that...
Posted
While I would absolutely adore seeing Dragon Knights animated, I don't want to hear the English voices. They're never done properly. So if it's to be animated, it should be done in Japanese, and have it sub-titled.

And I would *love* to own Dragon Knights plushies! That would make me squeal with happiness, and then hide from my friends while they try to take them... :animesmil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...