Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have been trying to get an answer on how many animes are actually out there. But I have gotten a lot of different answers, 100, 120, 56, 300...... So does anyone have a solid idea of just how many animes exist?
Posted
[COLOR=#503F86]Well, in the Official Threads Directory at the top of the page, we have 56 series listed, and 14 movies, making 72 in total. I know there are more than that though, because very few hentai series are included in it, along with some really obscure ones (Hareluya BOY and Hareluya II BOY, The Wind of Amnesia, Landlock etc).

Considering more are bing made all the time, and the amount of series that could almost be defined as anime, it's be incredibly hard to work out exactly how many there are. New ones seem to pop up all the time.[/COLOR]
Guest krait
Posted
if your talking about anime series then I think it would be impossible to say how many series there are and given the fact I have seen more eps from over 100 series so I would think that there are ALOT of anime series ;P
Posted
[color=firebrick] There's THOUSANDS of anime out there. My sister got me this anime encyclopedia once and it is HUGE. And that was just listing all the anime until 1997...which means there are probably thousands more that have been made. lol

There's a website [ [url]http://www.animechecklist.net/Introduction.html][/url] which is devoted to filing ALL anime in existence, where you can search for any anime by date/title/etc. According to them, there are [b]1305[/b] anime series, [b]1058[/b] movies, [b]3037[/b] OAVs number each episode released individually as one title, and [b]1332[/b] OAVs counting a series as a whole as one title.

[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...