Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=Magenta]Bowling for soup is the best. My 2 favorite songs are almost and of course 1985. I think that 1985 defines my mom because she is so in 2 the 80s music.:stupid: This is Mrs.kyo_sohma Signing off :p[/COLOR]
Posted
[font=Garamond][color=seagreen]I despise B.S.F. I hate the song "1985" with a firey passion. They're a pop-"punk"-posuer band. The only thing good that came from that song was my parody "1984" (Read the book). Anywho, that's my thought.[/color][/font]
Posted
[font=georgia][color=blue][i]"1985" is one of those songs that gets stuck in your head, no matter what. I don't really know if the band is any good or not. I have the feeling that they might turn into a 1 hit wonder...[/font][/color][/i]
Posted
[quote name='Mr. Maul][font=Garamond][color=seagreen]I despise B.S.F. I hate the song "1985" with a firey passion. They're a pop-"punk"-posuer band. The only thing good that came from that song was my parody "1984" (Read the book). Anywho, that's my thought.[/color'][/font][/quote]
I guess thats what u think!!! :stupid:
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1] I like "1985", but I love "Girl all the Bad Guys Want". I'm not a big fan of Bowling for Soup, as a matter of fact. To me, they sound Simple Plan-ish; and that particular vocality and music annoys me. But to go as far as to accuse BFS as being "posers", is going too far. If you want to call that Avril Lavi-whatever a "punk", then you can just kiss your knowledge of punk good-bye. I'm not disagreeing withthe fact that Bowling for Soup is not "true punk", but honestly, neither are bands like Simple Plan or singers like Avril.

But, that's another discussion for a different time and thread. So as far as BFS goes, I only like their two hits; favoring "Girl all the Bad Guys Want".[/color][/size]
Posted
[size=2][color=seagreen][font=Times New Roman][color=#000000][quote name='Mrs.kyo_sohma23']I guess thats what u think!!! :stupid:[/quote][/color][/font][/color][/size]
[font=Garamond][size=2][color=seagreen]Anyway, I have to somewhat agree with Annie. Avril Lavigne is deffinately NOT punk. She may claim to be, but don't let her web of deception fool you. Beneath all the over-haul of Hot Topic apparel, she's just another teenie-bopper pop singer. BFS is in the same class as Avril and GC (See thread: [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=42925"][u]Punk is Dead[/u][/url]). [/color][/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...