Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anyone pick up Diabolo yet? If your a horror fan, I would suggest this strongly to anyone who hasnt yet read it. I only read the first volume so far, but I'm getting the second one for xmas. yay.
The manga centers around two 17 year old friends, Rai and Ren who [spoiler]sold their souls to a demon 10 years earlier, in order to save Ren's sister.[/spoiler] Some parts of it can be downright horrific. (The videogame series, Silent Hill, will prob. come to mind many times as you read it) Actually...think, Silent Hill meets Hellraiser
I'll just say that although there is a [I]center [/I] plot, the chapters seem to be basically stand-alone stories in which the two friends try and save others who [spoiler]sell their souls for various reasons (to become beautiful or for revenge against others) and end up trapped in a Silent Hill-type nightmare.[/spoiler] I dont know if this will change in the later volumes, though.

Also, the art is fantastic, and Ren and Rai (especially Ren) are hotter than hot.

Anyone else have any comments about this (so far)fantastically dark story?

DarkOtakuBoy
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
OMG I love Diabolo! And Rai! lol. I can't wait to see what the third one turns out like...

I was shocked to find out that the authors were sisters... twins even! O_O

Have you read the 2nd one too?
Posted
I checked this one out on an impulse, and it definitely didn't disappoint. It was so intricate in the artwork that I felt I had missed many things,so I read it again, and again, to find that there were many things I had missed. Great series, and looking forward to more.
Posted
[QUOTE=kuragechan]
Have you read the 2nd one too?[/QUOTE]

Yep, actually I got it for Christmas and it was right up there with the first volume. I was plesantly surprised.

Do you, or anyone else, know if the 3rd one is released yet? I have off tomorrow and wanna go manga shopping. ^_^


Dark Otaku boy
Posted
[QUOTE=DarkOtakuBoy]Yep, actually I got it for Christmas and it was right up there with the first volume. I was plesantly surprised.

Do you, or anyone else, know if the 3rd one is released yet? I have off tomorrow and wanna go manga shopping. ^_^


Dark Otaku boy[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that the second one was out :laugh: . Usually manga takes about 4 months between books, depending on the artist. Some take a lot longer than others. If it came out recently, I wouldn't expect it for another month or two at least.
Posted
[QUOTE=DarkOtakuBoy]Yep, actually I got it for Christmas and it was right up there with the first volume. I was plesantly surprised.

Do you, or anyone else, know if the 3rd one is released yet? I have off tomorrow and wanna go manga shopping. ^_^


Dark Otaku boy[/QUOTE]

I believe the third one is supposed to come out in february. it should say on the tokyopop webiste.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Just got the second one. Hooo boy what a plot twist! Won't say it, cause I don't remember how to black it out, but it takes guts to throw such a curveball in only the second manga.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...