Dagger Posted January 2, 2005 Posted January 2, 2005 My most memorable moment? The first time I caught a glimpse of Charles's current avatar. I did a very impressive spit-take. I had actually seen variations of it at other forums, but this was probably the... er, speediest incarnation. Like Lady Asphy, I feel sorry for poor Akari and her giant, giant tongue. EDIT: Oh, and becoming a moderator. How could I forget? ;) ~Dagger~
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 2, 2005 Posted January 2, 2005 [color=darkviolet]I thought of more: *Wondering what the hell that white stuff was in Charle's avatar...sorry I have a sick mind. *When Boba Fett told me that I seemed like an intelligent person in one of my debate threads *People just losing it in the 3 worst movie thread. It was kind of funny in a creepy obsessed way. And yes, I still don't like The Hours or Blair Witch Project. *Getting DeathBug for an estranged brother. That was pretty cool. *The bunny with a pancake picture on one of the threads. I liked it so much I turned it into my desktop, but then my mom deleted all my pictures and I put Lincoln holding abby as mydesktop picture so I don't have it anymore. But I would like that picture again...so if someone wouldn't mind emailing it to me. *Winning one of the picture caption games :D Yeah, that's it from me.[/color]
poo62.2 Posted January 2, 2005 Posted January 2, 2005 Ah yes I do agree that 2004 was a grand year, a grand year indeed, we now have running water, a tunnel that links us to Peru, and we invented the cat. But can't remember much OB stuff of 2004 because i was ether not online, not paying attention, or was probably naked.
Retribution Posted January 2, 2005 Posted January 2, 2005 Lemme think... In no particular order: - Joining OB this year - Starting to post again here around october. - Starting to make graphics in PS. - DW's awesome moovees. - Beginning role playing here. - Reanimatrix Fanfic thread. I wish I submitted something. ah well.
BlueYoshi Posted January 3, 2005 Posted January 3, 2005 [QUOTE=ScirosDarkblade]My List: 1. Sciros joining in January and becoming the all-powerful ruler of Otakuboards, crushing all who oppose him and just in general being a big thorn in Superman's side.[/QUOTE] [color=darkred]lol :D This guy cracks me up.[/color]
Desbreko Posted January 5, 2005 Posted January 5, 2005 [color=#4B0082]In no particular order. ... (I.e. I can't remember the exact chronological order.) [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=35704][b][u]The DailyOtaku[/u][/b][/url] I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet. I mean, yeah, it is my thread, but. ... Okay, so this is a shameless plug. Sue me. Anyway, the DailyOtaku is one of my favorite memories from 2004. It was more fun to write articles for it than pretty much anything else I wrote last year, and I got a lot of laughs from the articles, even though I was the one writing them. It's definitely something I hope to continue through 2005. [url=http://www.sweethypocrisies.com/rupees/otakufiles/chatlogs/2004.php][b][u]Teh Silly Circus[/u][/b][/url] The chat to end all chats. ... Except that it didn't. It was ten days of mindless babble -- something to rival the Padded Room Party for the utter lack of intelligence. But, it was always there for those ten days. Whenever I wanted to chat, I had the window open, and all it took was a few clicks and I could just start talking. Also like the Padded Room Party, I wouldn't want to repeat the experience, but I'm glad I was a part of it. [b]OtakuBoards v7[/b] Working with James and the other staff members on organizing v7 before launch, and then getting things running smoothly after launch, was a fun and hectic time. v7 really rekindled my interest in OB -- before that, I was getting kind of bored and was barely posting. The complete reorganizing of the gaming forums sparked a new interest and kept me posting. [b]Team Leader of Team Yokoi[/b] Being made a super moderator again is memorable, I suppose. Kind of had the same effect on my posting habits as v7 did, only to a lesser extent. It also got me to pay more attention to the PC/Mac forum, which is cool. I'm starting to be more interested in PC games lately, and I always like posting in the Web Site Workshop sub-forum. [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=33457][b][u]OtakuBoards: Enter the Net[/u][/b][/url] How can you not love it? The best OB-based story I've read. [b]Three Year OtakuBoards Anniversary (September 6, 2001-2004)[/b] I might as well stick this in here. I think my three year moderating anniversary will be more memorable, but it was still neat to look back at all the memories I had at OtakuBoards over those three years. Here's to another three years, I guess. ... I wonder if I'll still be here through college.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now