Ninjaman Posted January 11, 2005 Posted January 11, 2005 I wrote this poem last week and I thought I'd share it. [B]Memories[/B] How trustful are memories? How do we know that what we remember is true? Maybe they're some kind of a trick. Did that really happen? Are you sure i made that promise? Do I really know who that person is? Have we really met before? I want to forget the memories of pain, but I can't No matter what, the path of remembering somehow passes by it Is it wrong of me to remember pain? Should I really just forget it? I'm afraid that if I do, some part of my life will be taken away As though a day that held fun would just never had existed Somehow or another, my memories are all connected To forget or to 'get over it' means to lose a part of my life Even if it held pain, it was somehow connected to a happy moment A moment where I laughed and smiled until my face hurt No, I will not forget The images, the faces, they will not be strangers in my mind when I see them They are a part of my life The pain, the sorrow, I will not forever embrace, but learn from The happiness, the laughter, I will not forever live in the past, but I will create a new A heart never lies And that's where memories reside So when I see your face, I will know your name I will remember all about you Though I will remember you, I will not be bound by those memories But I will create new times Memories are where I should not live But rather they should live inside the heart.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now