OtakuBoards

X-Men: The Act of Chaos [Chapter 1] (PG-13 and "V" "L")

Guest Garelock

Guest Garelock
[B][SIZE=4][CENTER]X-Men: The Act of Chaos[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B]

Now, this is an rpg thread in progress, however, I might as well give the story that is the basic backbone to every part of the other stories that are sure to come. I gave a danger room simulation so that some of the characters can be viewed in combat situations.

[B][I][CENTER]Chapter 1: In the beginning?[/CENTER][/I][/B]

The bright morning seemed to be non-existence with the morning dew that never seemed to evaporate with the high temperature. It was summer and the birds were having a chorus and duets amongst themselves, the flowers singed in a chorus of beauty and the kids were all outside having their recreation time. The field for play was almost the size of three, NFL football fields put together. The field was connected to the basketball court and the overly huge sand area where the volleyball net was suspended above the sand. The garage was located just south of the sand area and the race track for the cars could be found near the woodland area of the Starbuck plains. The colossal mother of them all was the four billion dollar campus and the classrooms along with the administrative buildings. This mansion easily covered 20 acres and stretched for as long as the eye could see; it looked like a friendly version of a prison except there were no guards and not a single fence to be seen.

?Brody! Throw the ball! Come on! He?s gainin? on me!? Sean?s voice hollered even though Overcast specifically told him that yelling isn?t always a primary way of communication.

?I?m trying! I?m trying! Just hold your horses! Keep going!? Brody yelled as he she held the football tight in her grasp.

Yes, this was a game of football and despite the warnings of the staff members, even Mr. Starbuck himself, the kids seemed to enjoy playing the dangerous game of mutant football; normal football only with mutant powers. Brody would be the first to prove how dangerous this form of football could be. The defensive lines looked like a bunch of hungry beasts. Amalia, the small but unbelievably strong titan of estrogen, Jake, we all know Jake because he?s just big and strong, Marco but people refer to him as his codename which is Fluid and Jeremy Collins; one of the more famous students. Luckily for Brody, everyone forgot that Amalia didn?t know how to count too well so sacking the quarterback would take her a while to do.

Amalia didn?t even realize what she was supposed to wear when you play football; she was in a pink dress and shiny, pink shoes for crying out loud. Brody couldn?t talk though; she had on a wild looking, pink halter top with very tight sweat pants and pink Nike Corerunners. Marco and the rest of the guys were all decked out with black shorts and a black tank top with the X-Men logo on it. It?s understandable if they didn?t dress for winter because it was nearly 96 degrees outside. It was too hot but also, it was too perfect of a day to sit in the mansion and do absolutely nothing.

?Let?s see?Amalia thinks that Mississippi one would be the first thing to say but what comes after that? Wait?how long does Amalia have to say Mississippi and a number after it?...all this thinking makes Amalia?s head hurt,? she said, rubbing on her forehead that ached her.

?Oh my God! Hit her Amalia! You?ve gone past 10 already! You can take her out! Hit Brody, give her all you got!? Jake yelled, not even realizing what he had just commanded Amalia to do; that was Brody?s death sentence in a way.

?What the hell is wrong with you Jake?! AMALIA! NO! WAIT!? Brody yelled as she turned and ran for her life with Amalia charging like a bull behind her. Brody ran more yards than what Sean did and he was the wide receiver on her team. Making a U-turn in the middle of the field, Brody made a mad dash towards the touchdown mark, hoping to make it past Amalia so that she could get a throw off. Even then, no one had told Amalia that once the quarterback throws the ball then it?s against the rules to tackle that person; she would think that she?s still supposed to knock the stuffing out of Brody. Unfortunately, the little girl didn?t really run out of energy as her energy supply was near limitless; Brody was doomed.

?Call her off Jake! Call her off! She?s gonna kill me!? Brody screamed in terror as she threw the ball down on the ground to try to stop the play; Amalia still didn?t get the point and kept pursuing her. Jake tried to get in between the crazy girl and Brody but he was too late. The black haired punk rocker could?ve made a first down all by herself if she had the ball because she was sent flying clearly across the field for a 21 yard punt; only the punt isn?t a football but her instead.

?Oh my God! Amalia! What did you do?! We told you not to hit so hard! Are you crazy?! You killed her! She?s dead! She?s dead! Someone call an ambulance!? Aaron yelled; he was on Amalia?s team. He rushed to Brody?s side and kneeled down, holding her head up and checked for a pulse; she was okay.

?Ow?did someone get the plates off that bus?? Brody asked out of sarcasm.

?Amalia, go inside; we don?t need you anymore. Christ, this is only a game and if you can?t play nice then you can?t play at all,? Jake commanded.

Amalia stared at Jake with an innocent look. Her bottom lip started vibrating and her eyes began to water a little; she was going to cry. ?But Amalia only wanted to play football?she didn?t want to hurt Brody. You told Amalia to hit the quarterback and Amalia did; she hit the quarterback hard. Amalia can?t hit soft because she doesn?t know how to hit soft; she only knows hard,? she tried to explain. It was a little ignorant of Jake to ask a juggernaut type of mutant to hit soft; it?s like asking the Human Torch not to hot.

The game wasn?t fun anymore and Amalia had managed to ruin yet another recreational activity. The only reason why she was even asked to play was because most of the students, especially the girls, felt sorry for her; Brody doesn?t feel that way anymore. So far, Amalia had caused nothing but trouble and she always wanted to play the same games as everyone else, do everything with everyone else and when she is allowed to she?ll find some kind of way of ruining things. It?s not her fault, she?s just a kid in her mindset; it?s what kids do from time to time. However, Amalia not only got herself into trouble but everyone else once the students entered the mansion.

?Playing football again and after I told you all NOT to do that. My, my, my, it seems you all have a hard time listening don?t you? Well, I hope you don?t have a hard time listening to this?you all are on phone restriction, internet restriction, you will stay in class a hour longer than usual and pretty much, you?re all grounded. I don?t know for how long, maybe until I think you all have learned your lesson,? a familiar voice that could?ve been a mixture of Peter Jennings and Nick Lachey bellowed. The students all knew who it was; Mr. Starbuck, the head principal. He had told them a million times not to play football because it?s too physical and people like Amalia could hurt someone.

?But Mr. Star, come on, it?s just pigskin ball; no harm in it,? Jeremy said. However, he?d be made out into a liar with Marco holding up Brody as she limped into the mansion.

?No harm in it you say? That?s funny?a couple of bruised ribs, a sore ankle and a severe headache isn?t something I?d call harmless. In case you?re wondering, Ms. Ivanova told me,? Mr. Starbuck conveyed. That Ms. Ivanova would be Nervi, the top psychic who already alerted him about the kids playing that dangerous game.

?Upstairs, all of you! After dinner tonight, I want you all into bed at 9 o?clock sharp, not 9:30, not 9:10, not even 9:01 but 9 o?clock; I mean it?? Starbuck commanded with a stern voice.

The students who did play football turned towards the long staircase and proceeded up. Sean niched Amalia in the side and gave her a mean look. ?Thanks a lot squirt; you got us all grounded??

Amalia lowered her head as she got to the 2nd floor, turned and headed towards her room. Everyone was mad with Amalia but still, she was the heart and soul of the school, a mascot even, and she really wasn?t to blame if everyone broke the rules just as she did; everyone was at fault for it. Entering into her room, Amalia closed the door and walked over to her bed and face planting herself onto the pink and white flower designed comforter. She started continuing her daily routine of crying whenever she mad someone mad at her whom she really liked. What came next is a routine for her as well; talking to herself and blaming herself for what happened. She turned over and talked as if she had a copy of Amalia Cambridge in the room with her.

?Amalia is so stupid! Why can?t she do something right? She always gets in the way! Everyone wouldn?t get into trouble if Amalia wasn?t around. Amalia is a jinx,? she cried, rubbing at her eyes, trying her best to control her own tears.

As Brody wasn?t being assisted by Sean anymore with walking, she walked slowly to her room which was directly across from Amalia?s. As she passed the little girl?s room which was also next to the girl?s restroom on that floor, she heard Amalia?s crying inside. Brody felt so guilty for not even telling Amalia that it was okay and that those bodily wounds would heal. Unlike many of the students, almost all of the time, Brody had compassion for others and especially for Amalia who was like a little sister to her. Brody had to talk to her, she just had to. With that, she gently twisted the knob and entered the girl?s room.

?Amalia?sweetheart, are you okay? What?s wrong, come on, you can always talk to me; you know that,? she said. Brody was cautious when approaching Amalia at this point; the child is dangerous when she?s emotional.

?Brody? You want to talk to Amalia? But she tried to hurt you?she almost killed you. You shouldn?t even be around here because she could try to hurt you again,? Amalia explained. Most people wouldn?t even get what the world that girl was talking about but Brody was used to her referring to herself as if she was an outside person and talking in a different person tense.

The water elemental took a casual walk, holding onto her ribs and favoring them and took a seat on Amalia bed that was bigger than any bed in the institution; even Starbuck?s. Amalia leaned up and hugged Brody, and for the most part, she?d squeeze Brody so tightly that the girl wouldn?t be able to breathe but for now, Amalia took it easy on her. ?Amalia, I don?t care if you break my body in half; I?ll always love you kiddo. I never told you before but you mean a lot to me. Did I ever tell you that?? she asked.

?Never?Amalia always thought you saw her as a nuisance,? she responded, more tears flowing down her face.

Brody brushed one of the water streams away from the girl titan and placed her good arm, the arm Amalia hadn?t wrecked and embraced her. ?Back when I was just a new student, I remember being just like you; the butt of the jokes all the time. People always picked on me and called me the water girl; they even called me Bobby Bushae. You ever saw that movie with Adam Sandler? That was funny?anyways, don?t think for a second that people around here haven?t been there and done that because all of us were the new guys at some point; rather some of us want to admit it or not because none of us were born here. I remember those times like they were yesterday. But you know what day I?ll always remember Amalia?? Brody asked, looking down at her adopted sister.

?No,? she replied.

?The day I first met you. Oh, you came in with your little shoes and your cute little dressed and that hair bonnet; you looked like you were about to go to church or something. I remember when you first talked to me. You couldn?t even remember my name but you were so kind to me. To be honest Amalia, you think no one likes you, well; people want to be just like you. Yes, you have your moments where you do in fact screw up and cause some trouble but you never mean to do it. You treat people the same way you?d want to be treated?so kiddo, you?re not only my little sister but you?re also the best friend a girl could have,? she explained.

Amalia smiled and rested her head on Brody?s lap. Brody knew she could change Amalia?s mood without complication; it was apart of the girl being autistic. The water changer ran her fingers through the little girl?s hair and began to sing to her. ?I love you?because, you are, so special. You are the, reason, the sparrow sings?if you were a jewel I?d bet you?d be a pearl. If you were anybody, you?d be a little girl because you?re the best friend in the world?now, you think everybody sees you as ant but you are a flower in their sight. If you were a rose then of course I could?ve told you that you?d be so special forever. Even when my day seems so black like the tea made of Earl?you are still my favorite buddy, my favorite pal; but I?d say you are the best friend in the world,? she sang. She continued to sing to Amalia, soothing the girl.

Meanwhile in the garage?

?Hey Sam, toss me that wrench will ya?? Overcast requested. Sam walked over to his work station and grabbed Ben?s monkey wrench.

?Sure thing Over?when do you think the repairs on your bike will be finished?? Sam asked after he bent down and gave Overcast the wrench.

Over took the wrench and went to work on his Harley. The garage area, during the times of 4:30 to 8:00 P.M. was reserved strictly to Overcast as he was the only good auto repairs person on staff. This was a good honor to have too because the garage was so high tech. The ground and ceiling was nothing to be seen as the flooring was hard asphalt and the ceiling could only be made with tough, steel features; both of which were gray in color. It was the tools that made this garage a one of kind beauty. For every tool in the shop, there were 5 of the same type of tool only that these tools were a different brand and this was so that Ben could tell which brand was the best in automotive repair tools. Cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles and mopeds lined the garage as it looked like a mall parking lot. Mr. Starbuck spared no expense in purchasing every good car on the lot and directly from the car companies themselves; most people can?t do that but when you?re Matthew Starbuck you can do just about anything.

Sam could be Ovecast?s assistant with the way he?s always helping out in the garage; when he?s not teaching history that is. Just as Overcast, he wore a pair of tough textured, blue overalls and a white t-shirt under those overalls; they looked like the average repair guys and even had the cheap black shoes to prove it. It was a Saturday and most of the time, Ben and Sam could be found fixing up the school?s means of transportation as the kids were allowed to go on field trips and then there were the X-Men?s team vehicles that were a top priority on any repair list.

?Damnit! The fuel line?s busted! How did that happen?? Overcast exclaimed, finding the problem with his bike.

?Fuel line? You mean the value that connects the fuel tank to the engine? Whoa?somebody must?ve been doing some serious, off-road riding to do something like that. Well, either that or the damage was intentional,? Sam said with some hint of deception his voice.

?Intentionally? With these security cameras? No, that?s not it. I can?t think of anyone who?d take this bike off road?when I came in today, it was dirty, had bugs all over it and it smelled funny. Who would take it off rode like that? Only an idiot would try to?.hold on?I know good damn well that little punk didn?t!? he exclaimed.

It hit him! Overcast knew what had happened and he told that kid not to ride his bike but for some reason, kids never seemed to take him seriously; even when he threatens to melt them. He just couldn?t let this one go. Sam knew that the kid did it too; he just didn?t want to say anything. He knew that Overcast would get too angry and probably hurt him; Starbuck has already warned Ben about his temper. Overcast dropped the wrench, slid out from under the motorcycle on the slide table and rushed out of the garage, slamming the door behind him. Sam sighed as he went to work on the bike himself and he tried to see if he could repair the fuel line since it was a relatively easy task.

?James! Get your scrawny butt down here NOW!? the outraged and seriously angry Overcast commanded, screaming up the staircase.

James heard Ben?s call and knew what it had to be about; Overcast scared James. With that, the boy stayed in his room and locked the door, hoping that Ben would just go away; that wasn?t the case. Just as Overcast was about to protrude up the staircase, another staff member came out from the top of the stairs and walked down quickly to greet him; Enzo.

?Hey Ben?dude, what happened now? Someone washed your white bandana with colored clothes or something? What?s all the yelling about man?? he asked.

?That PUNK rode my bike. I told him, my bike is MY PROPERTY and no one is to put their butt on that seat but ME! I?m gonna kill him! I?m gonna kill HIM!? Overcast yelled.

Enzo knew about Ben?s temper and if he said he was going to kill a student then he probably wouldn?t do it; however, Overcast would make sure the kid wasn?t able to ride a motorcycle again with any means necessary. With that, he quickly formed a bubble shield around Overcast and he?d keep it there until he calmed down. ?Chill man?mellow out?woosaaa. Deep breathes?now, tell me what happened.?

?James, you know, that stupid little kid. I let him ride my bike one day just because he asked me to but I only did it with my own supervision because first, he doesn?t have a license to ride a bike and two because that bike is very special to me. Do you know what he did on yesterday? He rode my bike off-road and Enzo, man you know not to EVER ride a 2006 Harley off-road when it?s brand, spankin? new; he killed my paint job. That?s why he wasn?t here last night because he was too busy wrecking my baby! Well, I?m gonna wreck him! Not let me out of here!? he commanded. Overcast?s skin started glowing a blood red coloration as he switched on his plasma powers.

?Not until you calm down?I?ll have a talk with James okay? There?s no reason to take things to the extreme just because of some material automobile that can be easily replaced. Besides, it?s not like you don?t have 10 already. Now chill out or I?ll keep you in here until you do,? Enzo said as he folded his arms, showing that he had all day and Overcast wasn?t coming out until he showed some behavior improvement.

Ben stared at Enzo and shook his head in disagreement. However, his skin changed back to its normal color and he stopped breathing so hard and making his blood pressure go up. ?Fine?I?m cool?just keep that kid away from my bike or else I?m gonna rearrange his body parts,? Overcast threatened. Enzo lowered the shield?s energy and freed Ben. He turned and headed back to the garage, stomping all the way in an angry rage.

?Ben?what a firecracker. Alright, I guess it?s time to go play moderator; how I love to talk to kids. All this over a bike?adults can be children sometimes,? Enzo thought to himself as he walked back up the staircase and took the first right towards the boys wing of rooms. He came to James? room and tapped on the door lightly, knowing that James probably used a version of telepathical powers to sense he was on the way. The door, all by itself, opened up; telekinesis is to blame.

Enzo walked into the room and his jaw dropped; he never been here before and now that he is here he?s nothing but amazed. The kid had poster after poster of drawings of everyone at the mansion but there was a particular interest in Kerri Anne; one of the newer students to the academy. Enzo was very intrigued with the picture that James drew of him. He walked over to the sketch and it was like looking into a mirror because it was so life-like. Everyone knew James was a good artist but no on one just how good. James lounged down on his bed, facing Enzo and didn?t want to say a word; maybe he?d forget about James had done last night.

?These are really good James?I never knew. You got talent with a pencil I see?yes, unfortunately you have a talent with a steak knife and lock picking skills too because that?s the only way you could?ve gotten into the garage after hours. On top of that, you seem to believe that in the United States of America, you don?t need a license to ride a motorcycle; to the contrary James, you do need a license. You know, I just saved your butt from being in serious trouble; Mr. Ross doesn?t like it when people bothers his things. Come on kid, you know better than to piss off a Marine okay? That?s just not a good idea?? Enzo said, shaking his head and turning to the student.

?I?m sorry okay? I just wanted to take her for a spin ya know? And um?well, Mr. Ross will be glad to know that I think his bike is really cool,? James said, trying to avoid getting into even more trouble; he?s already grounded like everyone else so just keep that in mind.

?Sure, sure, I?ll admit that Ben doesn?t carry around bikes that can?t back up what he holds them to; that?s not the issue here. All I?m saying James, is that if you can?t keep your hands to yourself then don?t even come around the garage and if you can?t learn to taking things that don?t belong to you, even if you bring them back, isn?t the right way to do things. Now, I could tell Mr. Starbuck and I?m sure he wouldn?t mind grounding you until you?re 30 but I?m going to go talk to Mr. Ross and calm him down; I?ll let it slide. Just remember James, what you do to someone else?s property may not be so major to you because it?s not your property. In short, leave things that don?t belong to you alone. Got it?? Enzo questioned while he folded his arms.

?Sure, yeah, I get it. It?s still a nice bike though,? James commented.

?I?m sure it was if you went through all that trouble just to ride it. Not to mention that you had the knowledge that Ben would come looking for you. That must be some motorcycle,? Enzo responded as he turned and exited the room.

James let out a sigh of relief and dropped his head back on his pillows. He turned his head over and checked the time on his alarm clock. ?Oh no!? he thought. ?Why didn?t Mr. Sarcone tell me?! I?m going to miss danger room training! If I miss that then Mr. Starbuck will have triplets! I gotta get dressed!? he thought on.

James jumped out of the bed and rushed to get his gear on. He flung open the two-toned closet doors and scrambled through the contents inside to get his equipment. He snatched up a pair of knee high, black boots with white gum soles on the bottom, a black spandex costume with a white ?X? in the middle with purple outlining on the letter and an ear piece to communicate with his teammates with. Rushing to get the gear on, James made a mess of some of his drawings, papers were scattered all across the room. James got his costume on and grabbed two Altoid minds from his dresser top and made a rush for the door. He pushed open the door with his telekinesis and closed it on his way out in the same manner. All of a sudden, the school?s PA system came on and James knew what that meant; someone was expecting him to be late.

?James Sellers, James Sellers, Report to the Danger Room Immediately! James Sellers, James Sellers, Report to the Danger Room Immediately!? Mr. Starbuck?s voice shouted.

James took the easy route and the shorter distance as he used his mind powers to lift himself up and over the stairway banister and he landed on the floor below. He took the east entrance to the basketball court and took the first left down the library hall where all the institution?s text books and books for reading enjoyment were located. Then, with another quick move, he got to the south entrance to the kitchen area and another staircase which he claimed with his mutant powers, lifting himself up to the top step in an instant; he was almost there. He ran down the hall and took the first right where the metal doors to the danger room stood tall and where everyone else was waiting on him.

Mr. Starbuck, Aaron aka Fallout, Jeremy, Corrine, and Amalia; she was always in the danger room because she needed the training more badly than anyone else. Aaron was James? good friend and comrade, though, their costume styles differ; Aaron created his own costumes. He had on a full ebony jean type of costume with blue and red Xs outlining it, he sported a pair of stylish, red and white boots and a pair of black gloves that over covered his middle fingers. Jeremy on the other hand took the traditional black spandex costume with the yellow X in the middle, a pair of standard black boots and a pair of black gloves. Corrine, man, that?s one sexy little teenager and she wasn?t afraid to show it with her black costume consisting of a superimposed red tank top with the X symbol outlining it, X-men logo on her small little shoulder pads, elbow and knee pads, a belt with more compartments than Batman?s utility belt and a pair of neon red boots; revealing at best. Jeremy took to creating a custom style for his costumes as well with his full red jumpsuit with a white Atom symbol in the middle and with the X-Men logo in the middle of the Atom symbol as well, he worked with a pair of white gloves and white boots, not to mention a white helmet; he?s more of the battle styled type of mutant. Amalia, well, she?d look cute in anything; even battle gear. Mr. Starbuck had to custom order her clothing because of her weird skin condition and the fact that, for the most part, the institution?s staff who ordered the traditional black costumes weren?t counting on someone as small as Amalia to come along. She had on a full black costume with a yellow X in the middle and on the back of it, the costume consumed her whole body except for her face; she didn?t have to wear gloves or boots because it was like a full pajama outfit in that it covered her hands and feet. Mr. Starbuck, well, he wasn?t apart of the battle simulation so he just wore a two piece, brown suit with a pair of matching brown shoes that were shined so much to the point where a person could almost see t heir reflection in them.

?It?s nice you decided to show up Mr. Sellers; we were beginning to worry. Now that you?ve braced us with your appearance, I?ll ask you one last time not to be late again?we have a battle sequence coming up. We?re going to split off into two teams and team 1 will consist of Jeremy, Aaron and Amalia?team two will be James, Corrine and?a special guest teammate. I heard about a certain incident that occurred with a student and one of the staff members so I thought this obstacle should be introduced,? Mr. Starbuck said as he showed everyone his sly smirk.

James was reassured that it wasn?t him because Enzo promised not to tell Mr. Starbuck about what he had done and Ben wasn?t exactly the type of person to go running and telling about what someone else did. Or was he? James? worst fear for the day was realized as Ben came strolling from around the corner. Immediately, the student and the staff member locked eyes; both of them having a grudge against each other. James only wanted to ride Ben?s bike and since the motorcycles were free, he thought that it was only fair that Ben share the bikes with everyone else. On the other hand, Overcast thought that since he pretty much owned the shop that the motorcycles all belonged to him and that James shouldn?t ride them because he doesn?t have a license; not to mention that Overcast customizes the motorcycles himself. To James? fear as well, Ben was decked out in his battle costume which was an all black jumpsuit with a red, savage styled X in the middle, a pair of black gloves, a black ear piece and black, biker styled boots.

?Well, well, well?if it isn?t our good friend and our loving Mr. Ross. You all know him as Overcast but SOME of us know him as the person who upgrades all of our vehicles,? Starbuck informed. ?Now, this is our team 2 member and last person to enter the danger room. The scenario today is of course, involved with the military. In case some of you haven?t noticed, the U.S. military isn?t too fond of our efforts to promote world peace between your kind and my kind; I mean that in no derogatory way, it?s just a fact that we aren?t the same because you all have powers and I don?t. However, that doesn?t mean that we SHOULDN?T try to fight back in the event that we are attacked and provoked to defend ourselves. This simulation is made specifically for you all to indulge in and to show you just what you?ll be up against in the event that our security measures are overcome with the military?s weapons. I suggest you all be on your toes with this one; it?s going to get tough. Alright?the simulation begins in 2 minutes. Go ahead and go inside, the simulation will split you all off but for the time being, Team 1, go to the far left end and Team 2, go to the far right, near the entrance?alright teams, let?s go,? Starbuck instructed. He was to the point and blunt about everything; it?s in his personality trait to do so as a principal.

Team 1 and Team 2 waited for the door to open and allow them entrance; with that, they went inside. The danger room of the previous X-Men was nothing more than a kid?s playroom compared to this monster of a training field. There were 5 acres of nothing of steel and machinery, simulation bars and other equipment. The floors weren?t made of steel though, they were made of pure titanium; you have to make it hard for these types of mutants to smash it. The mechanical enemy weapons were made from titanium phosphate, one of the hardest substances known to man or anywhere else for that matter. The teams took their positions, waiting for the simulation to start.

?Hey kid, I still owe you a beat down for what ya did to my bike. Oh, but don?t worry, I think the tanks in this simulation will do just that for me,? Overcast said, laughing a little. He knew no one was expecting tanks, sentinels maybe, helicopters probably but tanks were a little advanced for mutants who had only dealt with a few battle situations before.

?Ta..ta?tanks?! I can?t lift a tank! That?s crazy! Jeremy can shock things, Aaron can blow them up, Corrine can crush them or lift them with gravity, you can melt things?and Amalia, well, we all know what can do. But what about me? I have telekinesis?! What good is that going to do against a tank that I can?t lift WITH that telekinesis? It?s not fair! It?s just not fair!? James complained, folding his arms up and pouting in protest.

?Oh would you just hush your trap already? Come on, be tough. You men always try to pretend like you carry the biggest loads when it comes to a fight and yet, you?re the only guy here complaining. Yeah, Amalia may very well be a little crazy but even she has the guts to go through with this. So just take it like a man and shut up already,? Corrine said in her commanding voice. Out of anyone here, she was the most likely to become the new X-Men Team Leader because of her enthusiasm and moral building speeches. ?If you complete this scenario then just think about how Kerri would look at you,? Corrine gestured, cracking a slight smile and then switching back to her game face.

?I don?t like her! I?m telling ya! I just don?t like the girl! Why does everyone think that?!? James inquired.

?I don?t know, maybe it?s because you have a million and one pictures of her in your room? Geez kiddo, that?s not what you call love; it?s called being a stalker,? Overcast commented.

?Mr. Sarcone told you about that? He said he wasn?t going to tell you anything!? James yelled.

?No, he said he wasn?t going to tell Matt about anything but me, he said nothing about. I didn?t know you were an artist; should?ve told someone,? Ben replied.

Then, just as Overcast finished his statement, a load, screeching buzzer illuminated the whole room in sound; it was time to put the pedal to the metal. The simulation bars went crazy as they were alight and put in a series of psychokinetical energy into the atmosphere of combat. Then, the simulation or at least what everyone THOUGHT was in front of them, appeared suddenly. It was New York City only that it was in ruins, the new twin towers were smashed once again, a shame but not to be unexpected in the near future, the statue of liberty was no more, many other landmarks had become land rubble and military combatants lined the streets, shooting at mutants and killing them one by one. As far as one could tell, Team one was located in Manhattan while team two got ready for impact in New York City.

?Let?s go!? Overcast yelled into his ear piece, communicating with the corresponding teams.

James was reluctant as he didn?t want to just rush into combat while Corrine was more enthusiastic about fighting than what Overcast could ever be. The military forces that opposed the mutant force were the marines and they were decked out in green camouflaged styled battle attire with the same styled helmets, black boots and M-16s for weapons. A number of U.S. military Bradley tanks lined the streets; 18 of them in total. There had to be at hundreds of soldiers lining the streets and 3 Apache helicopter circled the skies, looking for mutants. The casualties of the human and mutant forces had mounted so much that the stench of death seemed to be more than overpowering; so far, the mutants were losing.

?Sweet Jesus! What kinda sick simulation is this?!? Aaron shouted over his communicator as he rushed into combat along with Jeremy and Amalia who both seemed to be very disgusted with this.

?Better get used to it kid?with the way things are going now; this is our future. Stay sharp and bring ?em down. Take out the helicopters first! The tanks are slow so you can out-maneuver them,? Overcast instructed.

James, with the sight of little children being shot at, finally got the courage to charge into battle along side his mutant comrades. Corrine and Overcast had taken cover behind a battered Bank of America building and James joined up with them. Corrine was the first to come out of hiding as she dodged out into the street with an Apache helicopter hovering above her; she wasn?t swift enough to dodge a direct attack. James and Corrine hadn?t been in many battle simulations before so he believed that she was in serious trouble. However, just as James was about to rush in to help her before she was shot, Overcast grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.

?What the hell are you doing?! This is a battle simulation but it?s possible for her to get hurt. Is that what you want?? he asked Overcast in an angry tone.

?Kid, sit back and enjoy the show; that girl can handle herself. I?d trust her over you amateurs any day of the week,? Ben responded as he pulled James back.

The Apache backed up in the air a bit and then, locked onto Corrine and with a quick pressed of a button, the pilot fired a standard, U.S. issued Amran missile directly at her. Corrine didn?t move, she just folded her arms and smiled. The missile made such an impact that it nearly knocked Overcast and James away. However, when the smoke cleared and the fire calmed down from the black, Corrine stood there, not even affected one bit; her costume was 100% fire proof and her body had the endurance to suffer such a blast.

?Huh?! What the hell?! What kinda crap is that?! She has super endurance? Come on, this is no fair and it?s no place for me to be!? James continued to whine.

?You?re such a feline in combat. Come on kid, get in shape and get in gear because you nor I have her type of defense so let?s move out!? Ben commanded.

James and Ben moved out from behind their cover with Corrine making her counter strike on the helicopter. James, running forward still, took a few glimpses back to see Corrine taking down the helicopter with her gravity powers, putting the weight of 40 tons to the helicopter and making it crash into the ground. She then pointed her hands towards the ground and levitated herself, traveling towards her two teammates. James looked forward again, only to see that a small platoon of soldiers had spotted him and Ben.

Overcast?s body was engulfed in a dark red type of flame, almost similar to the Human torch and he took to the skies with a quick hint of flight. James, on the other hand, took a different approach as he used his telekinetical powers and lifted a lot of heavy rocks each weighing a little lower than his own body weight. The soldiers took their firing positions but didn?t get a chance to get a single shot off because James gave them a heavy barrage of mind power rock throwing. Some of the soldiers got instant concussions with the huge, sharp rocks smashing their heads, some got messed up hands and ankles, legs as well while James, intentionally, made the rocks hit some of the men in the ?sweet spot of jewels?; if one knew what was intended. Another tank filed in behind James as it came from behind a street corner and pointed its barrel directly at him. James turned and rolled out of the way just as the blast was being fired. He focused his mind reach under the tank and fired a force blast and made the tank flip over. He stopped to realize just how amazing he was at this point; he didn?t think he?d be able to eliminate a tank. His telekinesis was never that powerful but it wasn?t his telekinetical powers that did the trick; it was his force blast. The blast is a single concentration of mind energy that has the ability to force any object into any direction he wants though it?s very seldom used by him because it?s not as precise as telekinesis and dangerous to use for other purposes besides battle.

Overcast was having good luck as well as he engaged an Apache in the sky. Corrine would?ve helped him but she was busy with a firing squad and James, well, he was too shell-shocked with himself to even care; he wouldn?t have long though, he?d get his fair share of enemy attention in a few seconds. Ben charged up his plasma powered and fired a volley of plasma blasts at the helicopter. He hadn?t expected the flying beast to be agile in the skies but this is the future or so the simulation would suggest and these helicopters are more than likely to be upgraded so that they can avoid just about any type of attack that comes at them; Overcast?s attacks weren?t effective at all. The helicopter fired a series of missiles at Ben and forced him to fly away and lower to the ground so that he could outrun the projectiles.

?Corrine, I could use a little help here!? Ben yelled over his communicator.

?Sorry Mr. Ross, I got my hands tied up with these guys. I have to float in order to avoid them but if I float, I can?t use my gravity powers to affect them on the ground; I?m sorry to say but you?re on your own,? Corrine said in a sad voice, still dodging the men firing at her.

?James! Kid! Come on! Help me out here! I got 5 missiles on my tail! Do something!? Ben commanded.

James, by this time, had yet another tank to deal with but he did have a way to help Overcast with dealing with the missiles. James, using his powers, took control of the tank?s barrel and forcefully, pointed it in Overcast?s direction and, at the same time, he took control of the tank?s pilot, well, just the pilot?s hand and made the tank head in his teammate?s direction.

?Duck!? James yelled over his communicator.

Overcast complied and swooped lower to the ground. The tank that was under James? control rolled around behind a street corner and in the direct path of Overcast and the chasing missiles. James made the tank fire its primary weapon and blast one of the missiles out of the sky. This was a Bradley and Blake Stiles, the main combat coordinator at the school, educated the children on different types of military weapons. James knew these contained missiles as well. With that, he made the missiles fire, just four of them, and intercepted the remaining missiles.

?Impressive?plain and simply impressive. I?ll give you one thing, well, two things. You can wreck a bike and you can wreck a missile; good job kid,? Overcast complimented as he charged for the James controlled tank and melted it with a huge plasma blast.

?Thanks Mr. Ross?LOOK OUT! BEHIND YOU!? James hollered with the Apache lowering from the skies and locking onto Overcast yet again.

However, this time, Ben had help and from one of his favorite students; the overly powerful Neutron. Jeremy flew at a faster pace than anyone else at the school so tackling the copter was almost as easy as cake for him. He held his hands out in an attacking position and fired a massive electrical charge of 1,500 volts of direct energy. This caused the Apache to shake uncontrollably and also made it catch on fire, with the combined effects, it exploded in mid-air.

Aaron and Amalia weren?t too far off either; they had claimed more enemies than Team 2 and Jeremy combined. Amalia, so far, took the ?picking up things and throwing them as hard as you can? approach to combat and so far, she had taken out nearly all the tanks that were present in the combat zone. Aaron, on the other hand, had a utility belt that contained small discs that he could charge up and throw towards enemies; so far, he had the higher count of enemies destroyed.

?Thanks Jeremy, I owe you one. Let?s wrap this up people; we got ?em on the run!? Overcast commanded with the team complying.

However, tank after tank began filing into the streets with 4 of them coming to a 4 way intersection and trapping James instantly. He could take one tank and even eliminate missiles, stone soldiers and perform psychic wonders but 4 tanks at one time would spell his doom. James had help just as his bigger counterpart, Ben, but this time, it was from the most annoying member of the X-men?s student team; Amalia.

?YAAAAA!? James yelled as he ducked for cover and covered his head with his hands, hoping that someone would come and help him; his cries weren?t in vain.

The sound of metal being bent made him look up and only to see something lifting up a tank right in front of him. In a second or so, he saw the little body of Amalia lifting the tank with such ease and as if it were the weight of a feather. She hurled the tank at the opposing sided tank and smashed them both to bits and in return, their explosion erupted loudly.

?Go up!? Amalia yelled.

James got the hint and used his powers to lift himself up to into the air quickly. Amalia clenched her teeth together and yelled out in a girly type of roar as she dropped to her knees and simultaneously, pounded on the ground with all her juggernaut strength, causing a sonic wave to course its way into the intersection and causing the ground to crack open. One of the tanks fell through the cracks while the other was sent flying and flipping in the air with the fluxuation of the asphalt being broken into a weird so suddenly; it landed and was out of commission.

Amalia stood back up and smiled. ?No one hurts Amalia?s friend. Amalia thinks she can smash mean ol? tank toys,? she said. She really believed that the tanks were toys and not machines with men inside that wanted nothing more than to kill her; though, they?d find some complications with that. She didn?t have much time to gloat as she was blasted from behind by another approaching tank. However, what the pilot hadn?t been expecting was Amalia?s incredible defense; better than anyone else in the institute?s walls. The large shell bounced off her back and spine and flew back towards the tank with nearly double the force that it had fired the shell at her from the start. The tank was instantly leveled and with its own ammunition.

The remaining Apache circled the skies and set its sights on Amalia, the kid that had been the fighting force for both teams so far. While Amalia can use her rebound effect to nullify the effects of bullets, no matter how big they are, she can?t block a missile; her skin isn?t even that hard to survive such a blast. However, she has help just as her teammates did. Aaron, better known as the amazing Fallout, came from behind another street corner where he had just dealt with the bulk of the tanks and charged one of his CD discs. Then, hurling it like a boomerang, he sent it flying towards the helicopter. Most would wonder how a CD can get so high but with his powers charging it, these CDs aren?t normal like the average disc and they were lighter than air since their super charged molecules didn?t even recognize the elements anymore; except for the elements the CD was made of course. The projectile connected with the copter and exploded on contact, taking it down instantly and causing it to crash not too far away from James who was purely amazed at his teammates? progress with controlling their powers.

That was the last of the obstacles and the simulation ended abruptly. So far, there were no casualties on either team; no student would really die but just be eliminated from the danger room simulation if they were killed in combat. Overcast and Corrine walked towards James and lifted him up to his feet. Amalia, Jeremy and Aaron followed suit and met up with the opposing team.

?You didn?t do so well towards the end but not bad kid. I changed my mind about you; you are a little useful. Corrine, well, you?ve done nothing but impress me since the day you got here. Now, Jeremy, Aaron, you guys give me nothing but consistent performance each time you come in here; keep it up and you?ll be apart of the X-Men in no time. Amalia?you know, I had my doubts but you?re one hell of a strong little girl. Keep it up kiddo; I see a bright future ahead of you. Overall, we could?ve done better but you?ve all performed above and beyond what was asked; you all made me proud,? Overcast complimented. They had to be some students to get a compliment from the ice hearted Overcast; it?s hard to get a ?hello? out of the guy, let alone a word of encouragement.

Mr. Starbuck entered the danger room and started clapping his hands. ?Impressive! All of you! If the military ever wants to go toe to toe with us, man, are they in for one major beat down. Anyways, it?s dinner ti??

Mr. Starbuck was cut off with a telepathic message from Nervi; Tatianna. However, only the bulk of the message was meant for Overcast and Mr. Starbuck.

~Matt, Ben, get to the briefing room; we have something to discuss. The rest of you, get ready for dinner; I?ll be there shortly~

The students stared at each other and then, back to Mr. Starbuck since they were confused.

?Well, you heard the lady; change and get washed up,? Mr. Starbuck commanded.

The students obeyed and exited the danger room and headed towards their rooms for a wardrobe change and a quick wash-up. Meanwhile, Overcast and Starbuck exited the danger room as well. However, they took a different path and headed towards the elevator.

?I wonder what this is all about. Tatianna rarely gives us telepathical messages unless it?s very important,? Ben commented.

?Yeah, I hope it isn?t Ainsley again; that woman is a pain. Chances are, it is her so be ready. I don?t get why she always wants to ruin a good day?you think the kids will be ready to face her and her flunkies later on?? Starbuck asked Ben. Since Overcast, along with Blake, were the battle coordinators for the institution, they were in charge of training the students for highly possible combat situations; rather it is a conflict with the U.S. military or with the Brotherhood of Morlocks.

?No, they simply aren?t ready. Some of them, hell, all of them are gifted but none are completely ready to face the big time just yet. Give them a few more months and I think they?ll be prepared for the unexpected. I just don?t think it?s wise to put these kids on the battlefield when they can?t even get along amongst each other just yet. The best team is a team of friends; not enemies,? Overcast spoke from his military experience.

The two of them boarded the elevator and it only listed 3 floors. However, Mr. Starbuck waited for the elevator doors to close and he gave the elevator a voice command; something no student here knew about. ?Elevator, take us to the 4th floor,? he said.

The elevator started moving. It?s a little slow for any elevator but it?s also an emergency exit that?s made entirely of titanium; such heavy metal will slow it down. The transportation stopped on the fourth floor and the doors open. Ben and Starbuck exited the elevator and came into a hallway. These halls were all white and were illuminated by lights in the ceiling; there were like military tunnels underground only these tunnels were 100% clean. The party of two took their route to the right hall and traveled all the way down to a metal door hatch with an X imprint into it. The door opened immediately once Starbuck and Ben?s life-form signatures were detected; it?s a better way than using key cards, finger print acknowledgement or voice command, with this way of entrance, the sensors in the doors recognize a person?s DNA signal.

Upon entrance, Tatianna, Blake, Samuel, Jacob, Jemima, William, Enzo, Lucus, Ryan, Theodore, Helena, Alycia, and Ethan all turned to face Ben and Starbuck. Tatianna stood up and gave them the briefing on what the mission was at hand.

?There?s a disturbance in downtown Worchester; Ainsley and her trainees are at it again. We?ll have to stop them or risk seeing people hurt and risk the U.S. government getting angry with mutants once again,? Tatianna said and the mission was clear; stop them or be obliterated like the last institution.

?So, what are we waiting for? Let?s get this show on the road?? Ben commented.

[CENTER]THE END[/CENTER]