OtakuBoards

X-Men: The Act of Chaos (Chapter 3) {PG-13 VL}

Guest Garelock

Guest Garelock
[size=4][b][center]X-Men: The Act of Chaos (Chapter: 3, Rising ?Tension?)[/b][/size] [/center]
The mornings here at the institution were far better than the evenings and that?s only because most times either a boring study session was force upon the students or the staff had to do most of the cleaning by then. Unlike many people, this institution didn?t work off alarm clocks; instead, a voice intercom system was installed into each room which allowed the head principal, Matthew Starbuck, to wake up the students if they were late coming to class or breakfast. The reason for this is because he doesn?t want the students to use clocks; he wanted them to learn how to wake up at 7 o?clock each morning without mechanical assistance.

?Rise and shine Mr. Harris?you have 5 minutes to get dressed. You have missed breakfast so you?ll go hungry until lunch; that?ll teach you to sleep late. However, if you do not report to your math class this instant I?ll be forced to ground you for an additional month for second that you?re late,? the intercom roared with Mr. Starbuck?s voice on the other end.

This part of the mansion could be said to be Sean?s territory because so far, he was the school?s bully; insecure people tend to be the tough guys sometimes. Everyone thought that he was big, strong and real jaw cracker. However, there are some people in these very walls who are bigger and stronger it?s just that no one has the type of powers that Sean does; even Corrine has gravity powers but hers is not quite as powerful. Normally, he?s either making gun of Amalia with her being so different or he?ll just tease James for liking Kerri; these are things he?ll give an example of in the future. The problem with his bullying techniques would be that they actually work and he really manages to put fear into the hearts of every student here despite their own powers. Though many complaints have been made about him neither Mr. Starbuck of the staff sees a just reason to finally be rid of him. It was shocker to everyone that Ciaran was the one to betray the X-Men because, it?s pretty plain to see, Sean would seem like the one who?d be ready to do something like that.

?Yeah, yeah?keep your panties on, I?m comin??? he said as he put a pillow over his head and completely ignored the warnings.

That was just one of many pillows since he really liked to sleep well and really disliked it when people disturbed him his rest. His bed wasn?t the biggest but since the students are allowed to order products off the internet he did get a chance to buy his own Restful Sleep Luxury Edition Impressions mattress from the home shopping network; one of the most comfortable beds money can buy and yet it?s so cheap to get. His bed linen was pretty loud when compared to the rest of his room. The sheet and spread, not to mention the comforter were from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon and comic book series. If anyone found out about him and his love for the turtles he?d be laughed at all the time for it; Mr. Tough Guy would be nothing more than a kid with a love for fictional characters then.

The reason why the sheets didn?t match was because of all the posters of rock bands in his room that surrounded the walls in such a manner than seeing any of the white paint in the room was practically impossible. His favorite artist had to be Marilyn Manson despite Manson?s obscene way of thinking; Sean loved the guy. Mostly everyone in the institution got tired of walking by his room and hearing Manson?s music played and that?s mostly because everyone in the mansion were Christians; this type of music has been known to mock Christianity. Posters weren?t all though, one could even see the action figures manufactured and discontinued by Mattel of Marilyn Manson and his band members sitting on Sean?s dresser top along with an autographed T-shirt from one of the many Manson concerts.

?Mr. Harris! I?m not going to warn you again! Get up, get some clothes on and head to class?now yesterday, not later but right now! Do not make me come up there and give you a house call; it will not be pleasant for you,? Mr. Starbuck growled over the intercom. Matthew was coming to the point in thinking where he was considering on letting Sean leave the institution because the boy is hard-headed and didn?t listen to anyone.

Sean finally threw the pillow off his head and rolled out of bed and onto the floor with a loud ?thump.? He got off the floor, threw his sheet over his bed and put his comforter on top and made the bed up in a very messy manner. Casually and taking his time, Sean scratched his head as he walked over his to his closet and slowly opened it up. He took out a black shirt with a pink Bam Margera ?Heartagram? logo on it, a pair of black pants with a few chains coming from the waist and beltline area and with a few zippers coming up and down them to give out the punk look, shoes from the Adio shoe company line and these were also from Bam Margera?s signature line which they were black skateboarding shoes with pink Heartagrams designed into them and to top it all off, he put on a black visor beanie with the words, ?I?m Lethal? on the side of it in pink. He closed the closet door and started taking off his pajamas.

After getting his shirt on, he went over to his dresser and opened the top drawer. Sean picked up a small stick of roll on deodorant and quickly applied it. He grabbed a pair of black socks from the drawer along with a black belt with a triple row of spikes coming down from the buckle to the very end of the belt with the exception of the belt holes, a pair of white boxers and two black, spike styled wristbands. Sean put on his boxers first since he didn?t have a preference in being nude; not for too long unless he was taking a shower. After that, he applied the wristbands and then the socks. Finally, he put on his pants and then his shoes. The final piece to his outfit for the day would come from his closet yet again. He went into his closer again and grabbed a special backpack, one that could not only hold books but strap on a skateboard as well. He grabbed his board from the back of his closer. The board?s deck design was black because of the black grip take on the top of it and on the under side or the main deck, it was mostly black with the exception of the words, ?BAM? in the middle of it in a large, Black Ladder ITC font and in pink color. The backpack was all black and only carried one book since Sean only had one class today and on the back of it, a small hitching strap was at the top. He used the strap to latch his skateboard onto the backpack.

Sean was all set and he turned to head out of the door. He opened the door but only to be met on the other side by Mr. Starbuck who felt he took entirely too long to get ready to get out of the door.

?Sean Caleb Harris, I will not tolerate this sort of behavior out of you. I told you to wake up nearly 30 minutes ago and your class just ended. You think I?m going to just let this go don?t you? Well, don?t count on it young man; you?re grounded and for the next two months. You will report to your room at 7:30 P.M. everyday and no latter. No more of those skateboarding sessions that result in all the rails on the staircases being destroyed which by the way, the repairs for those rails will come out of your allowance. Also, you will not play loud music after 8 o?clock because that is quiet time and time for everyone to study, watch television in peace and what have you. Do you understand Mr. Harris?? Starbuck asked him, his badge suit and white shirt, along with the library book styled tie hiking up as he folded his arms.

?Come on Mr. Stars; cut me a break here. I?m trying to study for Ms. Troyer?s class but she?s killing me everyday with all the homework. 76 math problems in one day? I have to get to the danger room simulations, make it to all the meals or else you guys will have a cow and I have to somehow find time to be a teenager. It?s too much,? Sean commented. To be truthful, he had a point; no teenager should?ve had this kind of load. Most of the time, the students didn?t have much time to have fun except for recreation time which only lasted for a single hour a day.

?Sean, I understand your plea but really son, you have to learn how to deal; everyone else has to. Look at your classmates, none of them are complaining and yet you find room to give us grief about the schedule everyday. If you were home I bet your work would be almost doubled. Here, at the institution, yes, we have school everyday and even on Sundays. However, the classes aren?t that long and most of them are no more than an hour and you only have 3 classes for crying out loud; most college students would kill for that kind of schedule. You get a free place to stay, money, all the food you can eat, a free car once you get your license and you have the possibility to become an X-Man. Which, might I add, has its own perks?come on, don?t act like you don?t want to put on the suit,? Starbuck said, quirking an eyebrow. He knew the reason why Sean always bullied the other kids was because he wanted more action. The boy was sick of hearing about Ainsley and her goons and only wanted a chance to take them on for himself.

?Yeah?you have a point. Sorry Mr. Stars, I guess in the end I just wanna have fun ya know?? he asked.

?Of course, I was your age once so I?d be hypocritical to criticize you in all honesty. However, you have to come to class and you have to follow the rules just like everyone else; there?s just no exception to that rule. I understand you, more than most people. You haven?t been regarded as one of the best students in terms of behavior but for the love of God kid, you got straight As on your report card for the past couple of semesters; you?re a genius. If I got a quarter for each time I made an A in a class when I was your age I could only have enough to buy myself a 25 cent soda. Why mess it up for yourself by not showing up for class and missing tests? You?re pretty much the smartest student we have here but you won?t put in a decent effort to try and excel far beyond what you?re producing now,? Starbuck lectured.

Sean turned his head as he knew Mr. Starbuck wasn?t buying his excuse for not showing up to class for the past week. He turned his head back and a frown glared across his face. ?Look, you?re not my father, you?re not my brother, hell, and you?re not even a friend. So don?t tell me what to do, GOT IT?!? he yelled in a question form, bracing up to the owner of the mansion.

Starbuck was shocked and backed up a little; he realized this just wasn?t a normal boy and that Sean could really hurt him if he wasn?t careful. ?Sean, don?t you DARE raise your voice with me. Just who do you think you are? Hold on?you know, I don?t like to throw this up into anybody?s face but maybe people like you have forgotten that I run this show and I can easily unplug it from the socket. If I see fit, I can have you sent back to your grandmother so I suggest you show some gratitude. You know what kid? I?ve been nice to you, everyone has been nice to you but you?re so much of a spoiled brat that you can?t even see when to be mean and when to be nice. You?ve burned every bridge in this house and I won?t stand for it anymore. Take this as a warning, I?m getting sick and tired of you and your little smart mouth so just a word to the wise; I?m very close to sending you back. As a matter of fact, the next time that you even LOOK like you?re about to back talk me I?ll pack up all your little Marilyn gadgets, chuck your stupid little skateboard into the garbage can and send your butt all the way back to your bitter old grandmother!? Starbuck shouted. Sean was shocked because he hadn?t seen Mr. Starbuck so angry before; he must?ve really did it that time.

Sean turned his head away from the principal and walked away. He didn?t say a word and he almost seemed to be ignoring every word said to him. Mr. Starbuck stared at him from behind in disbelief. Matthew was dead serious about sending him away and Sean didn?t seem to care one bit. Mr. Starbuck always thought Sean liked it here because at least here no one treated him horribly despite his own treatment of others.

?Don?t you walk away from me when I?m talking to you! You come back here!? Starbuck yelled. However, Sean kept walking and started heading down the long staircase. Starbuck started to go after him but he got a telepathic message.

~Let him go Matt. If you only understood the battle going on in that child?s mind you wouldn?t be so judgmental. We all were there once?did you have to be so harsh though Matt? Did you even know that he looks up to you like a father figure? So the kid was late; I couldn?t count on two hands how many times you?ve been late for meetings; cut him a break. You have no idea how much you hurt him,~ Tatianna projected with her mind. She always viewed everything that went on in the mansion, every thought, everything that WILL be thought and especially every conflict. However, she didn?t always do it because she wanted everyone to have some sense of privacy. This is also good for keeping the boys and the girls from getting any ?mature? thoughts because someone is always watching them; literally speaking.

Sean got down the staircase and headed for the front door even though he knew that students weren?t allowed outside during this time when classes were in session. Matthew didn?t stop him because he now knew that it had nothing to do with himself or the class; something more personal. Sean opened up the door and slammed it shut with his exit. When he got outside, he took off his bookbag and threw it down in a rage and pressed his back against the mansion?s walls where his back slid all the way down until he rested on the ground and breaking into tears. Sean, contrary to what people think about him, didn?t like his mutant powers and he was a scared little boy deep inside. He just didn?t know how to coupe with his own abilities because he felt that they made him small. So to make himself seem bigger, he had to pick on the other students and be a pain to the staff. This isn?t the way he wanted it at all. Often, the poor child even considered suicide. While some may believe that having mutant powers is something that?s glamorous, eventually, after the costumes, the capes, the masks, the chicks and the action one will have to face the reality that they can never really fit into society again; even Superman learned this harsh lesson.

Mr. Starbuck opened the door and became heart broken when he saw Sean breaking down. Matthew understood what it felt like to be like a trapped animal within your own body and to be apart of something that you didn?t want to be apart of. He bent down and embraced the boy. ?I?m sorry Sean; I didn?t mean it?its okay kid, its okay. Don?t think you have to be a man and never cry; we all cry sometimes,? Starbuck said.

Sean pushed Mr. Starbuck off him and got up in a hurry while grabbing his bookbag at the same time. ?Stay away from me! You don?t know anything about me and you?re too much of a rich snob to ever know! I hate you! I hate everything! I hate all you people!? Sean yelled as he turned to run away.

?Sean wait! Please!? Starbuck yelled but his loud voice was to no avail.

Meanwhile, back in the institution?s walls, classes were over and the rest of the day was a free day; the students don?t get these that often. For the time being, Amalia, Jeremy and Brody were allowed access to the garage area and the use of one of the vehicles. Since Jeremy was the oldest out of the three Mr. Starbuck gave him the respective driving privileges and the teenager was also in charge of making sure everyone got home in one piece.

?So where we off to today ladies? And no Amalia, we aren?t going to the toy store again. Brody, let?s try to lay off the heavy spending on clothes; you?re killing my wallet. Mr. Star gave us 300 dollars to split amongst ourselves and we?re each going to spend a hundred dollars a person or lesser and no more; so no borrowing from anyone,? Jeremy said, laying down the rules.

Amalia folded up her arms and put on her ?saddy, sad, sad, face? because Jeremy wouldn?t take her to the toy store. Amalia loved toys and shopping for them was one of her passions. Her favorite types of toys were doll babies of course; she collects them by the hundreds. She looked like someone who?d love dolls with her pink, wedding ring bearer type of dress with a white undercoating and her pink, glitter dazzle type of style; similar to Dorothy?s red shoes from the Wizard of Oz only that they?re pink. She had her hair down and it was so long that it came down to her sides; normally, it?d be rolled up in a bun or in a pony tail.

Brody, on the other hand, decided it was just a normal day no normal dress was in other. She sported a pair of tight fitting, light blue jeans, short sleeved, sky blue shirt with the words, ?Sour Mouth? on the front in yellow letters, a black belt with a cell belt clip for her phone, and yellow sandals; it?s a hot day after all.

Jeremy, on the other hand, wore a small black shirt with the words, ?Linkin Park? on the front of it in white words which is his favorite band, a pair of thick suave blue jeans, a pair of black, low topped Timberland boots and a black belt.

?Look, you don?t run the show; we do because we out number you. Besides, you wouldn?t want me to mention a little something to Mr. Stars now would you? You know what I?m talking about Jeremy; don?t play dumb. You know what we did in here?how could me or you forget?? Brody asked, giving him her scandalous smile. What they did, well, let?s just say they learned about sexual education with a session of ?hands on experience? for dummies; volume 1. This incident occurred in the back of the garage and inside a Jeep Grand Cherokee. What most students didn?t know was that Jeremy and Brody were actually together and inseparable. That?s the only reason why she could control him like a whipped puppy. One would have to remember that this happened without anyone knowing and that would be INCLUDING Tatianna; all the staff were in a meeting concerning a few of the students who had turned on the institution and joined up with Ainsley so the telepath didn?t have the focus to watch everyone.

?Okay, okay, just don?t tell him alright?? Jeremy asked. If Mr. Starbuck found out about his actions that?d ruin any chance of him because a future X-Men Leader; his ultimate goal.

?Tell Mr. Blonde hair man what? Amalia wants to know! Amalia wants to know!? Amalia pestered.

?Don?t worry about it sweetie, it?s nothing you should be concerned with. The only thing you should worry about is all the toys you?ll be getting today. Isn?t that right Jeremy?? she asked as she turned to him.

?But he just said he wasn?t going to take Amalia to the toy store?? Amalia said, pouting again.

?Sure, sure, we can go to the toy store. Get in the car,? Jeremy said.

?YAY! TOY STORE! Amalia?s getting toys! Amalia?s getting toys! Yay!? Amalia yelled just like a little kid would before she opened up the car door and in an exciting manner got inside.

Brody and Jeremy got into the car as well with Jeremy being a little concerned about his girlfriend sitting right next to him; she had ways of making him do things that would?ve gotten him into trouble and using that as her scapegoat to make him do things that he didn?t want to do. Driving the car was worth it though because this thing really looked like a million bucks and it was Jeremy?s own personal car; a birthday gift for turning 18. It was one of the fastest cars on Earth which would be a 2005 Coupe Corvette convertible and oh baby, this bad boy came with some pretty interesting features. A five way communicator just in case the car was being chased, a police frequency jammer which automatically scrambles a policeman distress signal just in case the police were chasing the car, 44 gallons of pure nitro that was installed into the nitro boosters on the back of it, not legal of course but the boosters were concealed so no cop would be able to see them, reinflatiable wheels in case spike strips were put out in the middle of the road, the car was upgraded and recessed with a special metal and the same metal used in the elevators which would be titanium triphosphite, power windows and air conditioning, heating systems of course but the best feature of it all would have to be the car?s natural speed; that?s 0 to 70 in less than 3 seconds. This was one hell of a birthday gift and one that would be used for years to come.

Jeremy reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys on a keyring which were bundled with 3 keys and a remote. He held up the remote and pressed the red button that made the garage doors open up; they?d automatically close behind any car or automobile that exited the garage. With that known, Jeremy put the key into the ignition, revved up his mad machine and went crazy with speed. Amalia and Brody knew he drove insanely fast so they put on their seatbelts in a real hurry.

?Hold onto your hair ladies! HERE WE GO!? Jeremy yelled. He grabbed the auto-gear shift, put the car in drive and slammed his foot down on the pedal. The speedometer went crazy as the car?s rubber burned against the asphalt and propelled the clunk of meter forward with such a great speed that some of the flowers outside on the grass were bent out of the shape, ripped up from the ground and throw backwards from the shear force being used.

?Jeremy! Slow down!? Brody yelled as she held onto her seat; she hated when he drove so fast. On the other hand, Amalia loved it because she thought his driving was similar to how she drove with her NASCAR video games.

?Amalia wants you to go faster! Faster!? Amalia yelled.

?Oh we?re just getting to the fun part! Here we go!? Jeremy said as he pressed the red button on the gear shift and used nearly a whole gallon of nitro as he went flying down the long stretch of road owned by the Starbuck School as well.

He slowed up a bit by pressing on the brakes lightly and resumed the normal speed limit of 50 as he took a hard turn onto the main road which was connected to the in-town and near the normal Frontage. Jeremy reached over to the radio and pressed the white button on the CD player that had already been loaded with 10 CDs; it?s a 10 disc CD changer after all. The song that started playing was Interpol?s ?Evil? and one of Jeremy?s favorite songs. However, Amalia and Brody both heard the song a million times and loved it because it was a good darn song due to how catchy it?s lyrics were; although, to them, they made no sense. Everyone started singing the song together.

?Rosemary! Heaven restores you in life! You?re coming with me, through the aging, the fear and the strife! It?s the smiling on the package, it?s the faces in the sand, it?s the thought that moves you upwards, embracing me with two hands! Right will take you places, yeah, maybe to the beach, when your friends say come crying, tell them now your pleasure?s set upon slow release! They wait?they smile?Sensitive to fake nods?right on?but who?s on trial? You took a lifespan, with no cell mate, a loooong way back, saying, me, why can?t we look the other way?? they sung.

The song played on with the kids singing along to the lyrics but only to have it broken up with an incoming message on the radio; it was from Tatianna. Her powers not only affected minds but she could also speak through radios by altering the radio waves; much like brain waves in a human?s mind.

~Report back to the school immediately, you are in danger! Hurry, before it?s too late!~ Tatianna projected, trying to warn the students of the incoming danger.

Out of nowhere, helicopters bombarded the skies; 27 of them in total and these were Apaches so they meant business. A whole line of police cruisers came from the front road and blocked the Corvette?s pathway. From the other end of the road, a whole fleet of 10 Army jeeps came from behind and blocked the other end of the path. Amalia, Jeremy and Brody got out of the car in a rush and looked around for escape routes; they were warned that something like this had a possibility of happening. Out of the forest and fields came soldiers dressed in green camouflaged fatigues and armed with M-16 rifles. One of the army vehicles road ahead of the others and approached the Corvette and stopped when it was a couple of feet away. A bull horn was used to give the demands.

?Put your hands in the air and step away from the vehicle, lay on the ground and do not attempt to resist. You hereby under arrest for avoidance of the Mutant Registration Act of 2005 and obstruction of justice. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law,? screamed the bull horn and the person behind its voice.

?What do we do?? Amalia asked Jeremy, looking up to him.

?Amalia?remember when I told you about that angry, angry place that you go to sometimes. Well, these guys want to stop you from going to the toy store. I don?t think you want that now do you Amalia? They even told me that Amalia was stupid and that they hate her stupid little dresses,? Jeremy lied.

?What are you doing? Are you trying to get her to fight them or something? She?ll seriously injure those men and it?d be all your fault. Are you nuts?? Brody whispered to Jeremy.

?Just watch and learn?? Jeremy whispered back.

The last thing anyone wanted to do was make Amalia mad; she was nearly unstoppable once enraged. Amalia looked like a possessed demon as her heart pounded inside of her so harshly that her chest thumped with each thumping, her eyes turned completely red and vein after vein popped up from her neck and various other parts of her body. Her hands started shaking and she let out a loud screech of anger. Jeremy and Brody started backing up as the girl juggernaut went to work. She turned around and picked up Jeremy?s Corvette.

?Amalia! No! Not the Corvey! No, wait, don?t do it!? Jeremy yelled in defense of his ?baby.?

The girl couldn?t be talked to or reached at this point; she wouldn?t stop being destructive until she completely obliterated what her target was. She turned and hurled the car at the lead jeep and smashed it with the fiber glass of the car wrapping around the jeep?s exterior front end bumper, the front frame and the wind shield that was completely shattered. She turned to the fleet of jeeps as the men in the sides of her opened fire on her. Brody and Jeremy ducked and held their hands over their heads.

The bullets, as expected, bounced off her one by one and were sent back the way they came but only this time, they had the speed of a sonic jet and went clear through most of the bullet proof vests of the soldiers. Amalia held her hands high up above her head and smashed the ground as hard as she possibly could and made the road and asphalt repulse itself into a wave that looked like a wave of the ocean as it traveled towards the jeeps. The asphalt wave sent the jeeps up into the air while some just rolled over a few times like an obedient dog; some went flying backwards while others were flipped into a backflip and onto the ground.

?You MEAN people try to stop Amalia from getting her toys, that makes her REALLY mad! So you make her mad then Amalia will make you all pay! AMALIA WILL DESTROY!? she yelled in a voice that most certainly seemed demonic at best. By now, her skin had turned red instead of being the normal chalky white that everyone was used to.

?Amalia, calm down! This isn?t worth it! We can just get away, come on sweetheart, let?s get back to the school!? Brody yelled, trying to reason with her little friend. However, Amalia just wouldn?t hear her.

Amalia turned to her right and started walking towards a tree as the Apache helicopters studied her position with infrared from the skies and viewed her exact body movements. The copters locked onto her position and were preparing to fire on her. Despite her own defense, Jeremy just couldn?t sit idly by and watch her being fired at; once again, it?s not like they could actually hurt her or something. Jeremy stood up and aimed his hands towards the helicopters and sent a shockwave to their frames, frying their operating systems and making them incapable of being piloted; which could only mean they?d crash. The men inside of the falling copters or at least the ones Jeremy hit jumped out and used their parachutes to land safely. Jeremy closed his eyes as he focused and sent an electrical discharge equal to a lightning storm?s and sent jolt after jolt of electrical energy to each of the helicopters, disabling their targeting systems and of course, their flight. The copters started descending with each of the men jumping out of them for what their lives were worth.

Jeremy turned to Brody as she was already preparing herself for her own strike. She turned to the police cruisers and closed her eyes and clenched her fists together; to do what she was about to do would take a whole lot of concentration. Her hands started shaking as the ground began shaking.

?Come on?.COME ON?COME ON!? Brody yelled as she was trying her best. Then, the true extent of her powers were revealed as the ground broke open as if there was an earthquake and water sprouted from everywhere and put a huge hole in the middle of the road, causing some of the patrol cars to fall into it and some others went flying. Brody, after her own display of strength, fell to her knees as she was severely weakened. Jeremy knelt down and helped her up to her feet.

Amalia, meanwhile, was still on a rampage. Before Jeremy and Brody stepped in, she was heading towards a tree and by now, she had pulled the 85 year old oak from its roots and was using it as a weapon to smash the remaining patrol cars. All that could be heard is the screaming of men and women of the law trying to get out of the way of Amalia?s rage.

?GrrrrrrAW!? She yelled as she bashed another car with the tree and with it break in half. She dropped her broken weapon and picked up the battered car with a policewoman still inside and with her screaming for her life. Amalia was preparing to hurl the car as far away as possible; that would surely kill the woman.

Jeremy and Brody ran over to Amalia and pulled, tugged and tried in every way to force her to calm down; there was only alternative. Jeremy gave Amalia?s body enough of an electrical jolt to instantly kill a fully grown bull elephant. The little girl fell to the ground with car falling down on top of her. The policeman got out of the car and pointed her gun at Jeremy.

?Put your?ha?ha?hands up! Now!? She yelled.

Jeremy turned and looked at her with his eyes being danced upon by his own electrical energy; a truly intimidating stare. ?Look, we could kill you with a snap of a finger so I suggest you get out of here and don?t come back,? Jeremy threatened.

The police man pointed her gun at Brody and the teenager folded her arms as if she was ready to take out another cop. The policewoman decided to live to fight another day so she turned and started running back towards town. Jeremy used his electrical powers against the metal of the car and flipped it up and over off of Amalia. He knelt down and picked her up, hoisting her up onto his shoulder and turning as himself and Brody headed back to the institution. They both looked around at the carnage of the aftermaths; a truly horrific sight. They now knew why Mr. Starbuck was so hard on them for using their powers in public and that was because it would cause scenes like this. All the cars, the helicopters and men after men lay dead; mostly thanks to Amalia who went totally berserk.

Jeremy charged up his body and took to the skies in flight with Brody grabbing his hands and him lifting her up into the air as well. The institution, fortunately, wasn?t very far away since the Corvette didn?t make it even a quarter of a mile away from the grounds. Jeremy got to the mansion in a quick and timely matter with Mr. Starbuck and Tatianna meeting him, Brody and the knocked out Amalia at the door. Jeremy landed in front of the doors. Tatianna approached him and slapped him across the face.

?You fool! Do you know what you?ve done?! You could?ve caused a war! The government?s been just LOOKING for a reason to start another war between the races and you three could?ve caused it just now! You?re idiots! You?re hopeless! You don?t even know how many people you could?ve sentenced to death just now do you?!? Tatianna hollered at the top of her lungs.

Mr. Starbuck reached over and pulled her away. ?Calm down?it?s okay, we?ll find a way to fix this,? he said, calming her down. He turned back to the three students just as Jeremy felt Amalia trying to get down from his shoulder; she recovered from damage pretty quickly. He let her down.

?She IS right you know! You killed people! I told you NEVER to do that?oh, just go to your rooms; I?ll have to go talk to some people. Don?t even bring this up to anyone else and I mean not a word?you three?my God, you could?ve just made this school become a target for a nuclear war,? Mr. Starbuck said as he shook his head.

Amalia, Brody and Jeremy stared at one another, back to back and then, obediently, they started heading for the door. However, there was another part to this story that seemed to be more in tune with danger; Sean. One has to remember that he ran away this morning and when it hit Mr. Starbuck, he was crushed.

?Oh God no! Sean! He?s still out there?Tatianna, do a sweep for him! You have to find him before they do!? He exclaimed.

?I?ll try?I?ve been trying all day Matt but I can?t reach him?I?ll try once more,? Tatianna remarked. She closed her eyes and held her hands against the sides of her head and rubbed them, trying to get a reading.

~Sean, are you out there? Speak to me?we?re worried about you. There?s a search on for mutants and especially mutants like you who aren?t registered. Please, come home Sean before it?s too late,~ she projected, trying her best to find him although she knew he could hear her; he just chose to ignore her.

Meanwhile, in town, the sound of wheels pressing against the pavement and wooden rattling from it being so poorly put together by a teenager seemed to make a small sound more so than the loud music played by the person actually riding the skateboard. By now, Sean had on his earphones and had his CD player in his pocket as he listed to Marilyn Manson?s, ?Coma White.? The people walking along the sidewalk dodged out of the kid?s way as he rolled on and some of them even turned to send him their cruel wishes towards him and their curses and criticisms. Sean ignored everything everyone was saying and used the loud music to drown the humans out and even Tatianna; though she was trying her hardest to reach him.

Sean finally reached his destination; a small skateboard shop by the name of Clausty?s which was in the reach of Melrose. He kicked up his board for a braking technique and picked the board up as he went through the glass door and a bell rung as soon as he entered the shop; it was tied to the door. Immediately, the clerk from behind the desk came from behind the sales counter and ran to embrace Sean. She was the same age as Sean, about the same height and almost the same weight. She had various piercings; 7 of them on each ear, two nose rings, a tong ring, navel ring, a ring in her left eyebrow and a ring somewhere else that probably shouldn?t even be mentioned. She had black hair with pink streaks coming down it, a black, plain, short sleeved shirt with a ripped up pink shirt over it with holes in every place imaginable, black, spike styled wristbands, a pair of black pants and black Adio skate shoes with pink shoe strings.

The shop itself seemed to be more of her style of skateboard equipment and skateboards; a lot of the equipment was made especially for girls. However, instead of arranging the boards in order by brand type she organized them by color and what color they would be the closest to being. The clothes inside were arranged by size and not by brand type. She even managed to organize the shoes by sizes and not by the brand; she figured, people weren?t entirely interested in what type of shoes they were getting as long as they worked for the type of board they wanted and as long as the shoe would fit. The accessory section which would consist of skateboard parts, punk rock CDs, wristbands, belts, socks, clothing accessories and skate videos.

?What?s up baby? They still treating you like crap over there?? she asked in a Canadian type of accent.

?Well, not exactly; I?m the jerk. I just don?t fit in there, know what I mean?? he asked.

?Oh no, you?re not a jerk. It?s just those stupid people at that damn school who don?t treat you like the cutie pie you really are. So?want a new board? I could sneak one; the boss never seems to notice. I don?t get how you can spend almost 100 bucks on a board and lose it without one of your employees having something to do with it,? she said as she giggled a little.

?No, I don?t want to take advantage of you like that. I?I know this is going to sound like a bit much but I just need a place to stay. Know what I mean? Look, I know who you really work for Nicole; you don?t have to lie to me anymore. I managed to sneak into the 4th floor while Tatianna was asleep and I looked up your files. You?re with Ainsley aren?t you?? he asked, wanting to know the truth.

Nicole pushed him away and frowned at him. She didn?t want him to know because she thought he wouldn?t like her anymore. ?Why don?t you mind your own business Sean? Geez?why did you have to go and find that out?? she asked.

?Look, it?s okay. I feel the same about you now as I did when I found out and when I didn?t know. To be honest?I?m sick of being around those good for nothing people. I?well?? he said, not even able to finish the sentence.

?I think I know what you want to say Sean. I don?t know if Ainsley will take you because you could very well be a spy and we don?t need that. But?if you do meet the qualifications and that?s for sure that you do, I don?t see why Ainsley wouldn?t take you. She might even consider you just about you?re a hottie,? Nicole said before she grabbed Sean by the chin and lightly pressed her lips against his.

?Right?I mean, it?s not like Stars and the rest of them are bad people. That?s what I just don?t get about you guys?what did you ever do to them to get them so angry with you? They?re always after you guys so I just have to know; what?s up with that?? Sean inquired.

Nicole turned her head away slightly as she didn?t want to lie to him again. ?See, that?s why you aren?t with the Brotherhood right now; you ask too many questions. All you need to know is that we?ll accept you for your music, your skateboarding, your clothes, your style and just you; unlike Starbuck and his other drones,? she said. The truth was that the Brotherhood was bent on fighting and claiming mutant supremacy over the human race.

?Stars said you guys were too bent over the old war and that the founding of your little group was out of a grudge that won?t die. He said that Ainsley had no vision for the future because she dwelled on the past for too long. Now, he can be a little exaggerating at times but a liar?I just don?t know Nicole. I want to be apart of the Brotherhood and I want to make you happy but if you guys are into something that I just can?t see myself being apart then I can?t agree with my membership. Can you guarantee me that you guys won?t do things that are unreasonable?? he asked.

?Once again Sean, too many questions. Come on, stop it with the questions; you?re killing me here. You gave the X-Men a chance and they weren?t for you so now, it?s only fair that you give us a chance. You?re all about fairness aren?t you? Well, the fair thing to do is to allow me and my own family to show you how our kind should act towards one another; as brothers and not as underlings. That?s the problem with that rich fool; he thinks everyone else is beneath him. Don?t you agree?? she questioned, knowing that was a weak spot within Sean.

He didn?t want to answer but since he wanted to be truthful with Nicole at all times he just had to. ?Yeah, he does talk to me like I?m some kind of little kid sometimes. And he does seem to be too much into his money to even care about other people. I guess?I guess you?re right Nicole?? he said, lowering his head a little and not really agreeing with what his conclusion was.

?So that means?you?ll join with us instead? And you?ll leave that institution?? she asked, eager to hear his answer.

The Judas, the Benedict Arnold, the George Cornwallis Harold, the Eve of betrayal and the turncoat stood amongst the Brotherhood trainee. These terms and names projected for him can seem to be harsh but only fitting when he gave his answer.

?Yes?? there was a long silence after that. One silence that came from Nicole from her smiling and one silence from Sean because he knew what he was doing wasn?t right; even IF he didn?t fit in at the institution. Mr. Starbuck had given him everything he could?ve ever wanted and betraying him certainly wasn?t a way to pay the guy back for all he had done. However, what Sean said about Matthew being into his money all the time was, not shockingly, truthful.

?I thought you?d never say that word Mr. Harris,? a voice from behind bellowed as the door to the shop opened with the bell ringing.

Sean turned around to see a woman standing there, staring at him. How had she heard him if she wasn?t in the shop to begin with? She had only come into the skate palace after he had said those betraying words. Well, what Sean didn?t know was that her mutant powers, as her cat form would suggest, had a very high sensitivity to sound and allowed her to hear just about anything within a 2 mile radius. There she was; Ainsley Keys. With her white dress with pink and yellow flowers at the bottom of it, her white, high-heeled shoes, black shades and white colored nails. Fortunately for Sean, he didn?t see her feral form as it was extremely terrifying and can creep a guy out; one guy even converted into a homosexual after seeing Ainsley as a she-cat. Just think, if you were a male and your date turned into a cat it?d freak you out as well.

?You?re her aren?t you? Ainsley?? Sean asked.

?It?s Ms. Keys to you. However?it?s not my name you should be concerned with; it?s your own. What do they call you at that zoo of a school?? she asked.

Sean could?ve peed in his pants because of his fear. Really, if Overcast, one of the most fearless X-Men alive at this point, could be alarmed at the mere mention of her name then of course, this woman had to be one hell of a mutant. He backed up and got ready to use his powers on a dime. Nicole grabbed him by the hand as she sensed his own gravity field increasing; her own powers were strikingly similar to his.

?It?s okay Sean; she won?t hurt you. Just tell her your name,? Nicole said to reassure him of his safety.

?It?s Sean Harris,? he said quickly with his gravity field still up and ready to fly.

?Sean Harris huh? You know Sean, if you believe for a second that little gravity field of yours is going to work on me; you have another thought coming. Sweetie, I could lift 500 pounds easily and I move so fast that you couldn?t decrease the gravity around here fast enough to stop me; I?d kill you where you stand within 30 milliseconds. However, Nicole had a point; you are a looker. I?d hate to have to kill such a handsome young man?nevertheless, if I scare you this much then why don?t you come to my home? Maybe there you could find it less threatening?? she asked, smiling at him.

If she didn?t want to scare him then she pretty much failed miserably. Telling someone that she could kill them faster than a humming bird?s wings could flap wasn?t something that would tell that person not to be scared. Sean?s heart thumped uncontrollably and his suspicions, paranoia and expectation to be slaughtered by this woman were even greater than before.

?Ye..yea..yeah, sure, whatever,? he said, frantically.

?Hmm?for a strong one, you sure seem like a wimp. Come on tough guy, we have a ways to go?? Ainsley said as she turned to exit the door.

Nicole held onto Sean?s chin again and kissed him once more. She only did this so she could whisper, ?Go on?just, whatever you do, don?t ask her about her?uh?true self or how she looks. Don?t talk to her about politics or the government and please, please, my God, please, don?t ever say anything about or ask anything about her past and I?m sure you?ll come back in one piece?? she warned.

Sean smiled and kissed her again. He turned and headed for the door as Ainsley already exited the shop. He stopped at the door, held it open and turned to take a good look at Nicole.

?Go,? she said.

Sean walked outside and met up with Ainsley in the front of the store except, she was in her own car. This car was a classic and this thing could?ve easily been worth a good 300 thousand dollars as the minimum. It was a red 1968 Ferrari 365 GT in mint condition. It?s design is a whole lot more sleek than the Ferraris of today and instead of being made of that flimsy fiber glass that could be scratched so easily, it was purely metal. It was the only1968 that was a convertible in that the sun roof was powered; this was when car companies first started messing around with power options and widely manufacturing such products. The sun roof was down and Ainsley had the car cranked up and ready to go.

?Put your bag in the back seat?come on, I want to have you home so you can get a chance to meet everyone,? Ainsley said.

Sean placed his book bag in the back seat and opened the passenger door, got into the car and the second he closed the door behind himself, Ainsley put the car in reverse, made it roar backwards and then, shot it out forward with it going at an incredible pace. Sean quickly put on his seat belt and held onto the rolled down window pane.

?What?s the matter? Never been in a car with some gas before? I bet they don?t even let you drive,? she said, looking at him and not even paying attention to the road. Unknowingly to Sean, her feral senses were so acute that she could sense anything on the road besides her car.

?Wanna watch where you?re driving? Geez, what?s wrong with you lady?? Sean questioned aloud.

?I can see just where I?m going?you just sit there and look pretty; I think some of the girls will have a time with you. Unlike where you come from kid, we open you all to new?experiences?and your don?t have a curfew; you can stay out as long as you want. Just as long as you don?t get yourself killed in the process. So, what do you see in my Nicole?? she asked.

In her Nicole? Sean started looking scared again. That could?ve meant that she was like a protective mother and didn?t want any guy putting their hands on her daughter; however, she wasn?t Ainsley?s child.

?We?re...uh?just friends. Look, I never touched her okay? I just like the way she looks, nothing else,? he replied. He was lying and Ainsley knew it.

?Look kid, there?s nobody here that?s going to criticize you for that. If you like her then it?s only right that you do; it?s only natural. Just realize that if you violate her in any way I?ll have your head. Got it?? she asked.

?Yeah, I got it?uh?if you don?t mind asking and all, where exactly are we going?? he asked.

Ainsley looked back towards the road and put both her hands on the steering wheel and not just one. ?That?s for me to know and for you to find out?tell me something Sean, have you ever wondered about us? You know, mutants? Ever wondered why people don?t like us? You see, it?s just like your situation. People see your music?what do you listen to? Nicole told me Marilyn Manson. I find the man to be sensible, intelligent person and his music is great. You skateboard for fun do you not? Don?t people tell you all the time that skateboarding is stupid because you can get hurt easily when in fact you have more chances of getting hurt while playing basketball? I?ve never seen someone drop dead at a skatepark before but I?ve seen someone literally drop dead on a basketball court; you do the danger level mathematics there. Don?t people pick on you for the way you dress? You wanted body art but since society can?t seem to accept that Matthew said no didn?t he? Don?t you see Sean? You are a true mutant because you?re different even amongst your own kind; you can understand rejection better than anyone,? she explained.

Sean looked away from her as he continued to talk. ?It?s not like that. I don?t want to be different, I don?t want to be anything you want, I don?t want to be what anyone wants; I just want to be me. I?m different to most people I guess and I?m even different when it comes down to religion so I?ll never be accepted for that in a Christian dominated world. Nicole and I?.well, we?ve had our moments but what I really love about her is that I don?t have to change myself just to be with her. I had a Christian girlfriend at one time and she knew I was an Atheist even before I started going out with her. She tried to convert me over to Christianity but I just wasn?t having it because I didn?t want to be Christian; it?s my right. She dumped me because I hell bound or that?s what she said. I?m not about to be anyone?s slave just because they think some God exists and that I?m just supposed to go along with their plot. I am who I am and I?m not changing that for anyone,? Sean badgered.

?For someone who seems so silent you are well spoken. We have something in common Mr. Harris; we?re both Atheist. Another thing we have in common is that I also believe that a lot people around the world think you should change yourself just because they don?t like the person they see in you. I feel the same way you feel; I?m who I am and if you don?t like it then that?s your problem?I like you already Sean. You see, it?s true, great minds do think alike don?t they?? she asked, looking back at him.

He was starting to get a little more comfortable as she seemed less hostile and more like the mother everyone wishes they had; the one that didn?t always lecture and one that always understood their children no matter what. ?Can I ask you a question??

?Nicole told you not to get nosy didn?t she? You see, the reason why I snapped on her is because I don?t like the way her voice sounds; that?s why she barely speaks in my presence. You, your voice is something I can get used to so ask away,? she said, trying to reassure.

?Okay, just as long as you don?t snap my neck?what?s it like? You know, being?a cat woman?? he asked.

Ainsley took a hard gulp and rotated her neck; she liked to stall on these types of questions. However, she answered the question but in a graphic way. ?Ever watched a mosquito Sean? Ever saw one suck blood from you before? Ever watched the way it took your own essence and absorb it into its own body? Ever see the process of it taking those saw-like teeth and shredding into your skin and impaling your flesh with that long needle? Ever saw it suck the blood right out of your skin Sean? Did you ever watch it when it turned red with your body? That?s what it?s like; it?s like I?m taking away from my human form and giving my feral life a blood lust that won?t end. I have to kill. Do you understand? I have to kill?humans; do you see them as we pass by? It sickens me and so much that I want to throw up. Humans?they?ve been my enemies since I was a child. Do you know what happened to me? Humans?I?I?m sorry Sean. You never had a mother did you? She passed away when you were young, didn?t she?? Ainsley asked, regaining her composure.

By now, Sean was darn near freaking out with this crazy lady in the car. It?s easy to tell that she has some very good reasons to be angry but not angry enough to want to kill people. However, Sean could understand her and she could understand him; their origins are strikingly similar. ?Ye..yeah, she uh?did. You okay?? he asked.

Ainsley looked at him in a shocked expression and then, cleared her throat before she smiled once again. ?Sure, I?m just fine. Whatever made you think I was otherwise??

Oh, maybe it?s the fact that you almost gave the kid a heart attack, possibly, with you threatening to kill him with the first 40 seconds of you meeting him which probably will be the reason why he?ll, more than likely, never trust you around him with a sharp object.

?You seemed like you were having a break down and I didn?t want to be?in the way?I mean, I didn?t mean in the way as you?re crazy or something. But I know that?uh?? he kept trying to come up with someone to justify him telling the truth; she was crazy.

?It?s quite alright Mr. Harris; I understand you. I?m strange aren?t I? I have a body that you can?t possibly understand and to be honest, I don?t even understand it myself. We?ve both seem to have abilities that we can?t possibly understand. Don?t you see? It?s the curse of our kind. People, such as the ones you may have encountered at your previous engagement, will quickly tell you that your powers can be controlled if you want them to be controlled. Do you know how I can tell that?s a lie? If these strange advantages could be harnessed to the will of the ones who possess it then why have a school to teach them how to do it? If what SOME say is true then you wouldn?t need a place of higher learning to show you how to do something that you were born with the ability to do. Am I right? I mean, you don?t try to teach a dog how to bark do you?? she asked. Ainsley had a way of turning every situation around so that it could fit her own purpose.

?I guess that?d be pretty dumb. It?s more of a training grounds I guess, to show us how to use our powers the right way,? Sean responded.

?The right way? Right?would this right way include the death of nearly 25 policemen and 40 other army operatives? Oh yes, I heard about it; it?s all over the news. Our half-witted commander-in-chief is pressing for the Mutant Registration Act even more now and urging Congress to pass it. Oh, but you weren?t around to see your fellow students in action were you? They say that only one officer, a woman, survived. She gave a tale that most didn?t even believe because it?s just not normal; then, she brought up the word ?mutant? and it all came together. She described a boy with the ability to make sparks but I would be thinking electricity, a girl who can make earthquakes and water come out of the ground but I think it was just water that caused the pressure under the earth to shake so much that water exploded through the ground and one little girl, a child even, that seemed to be impervious to injury and as strong as an ox. Do any of them sound familiar Sean?? she asked. That was the finishing touches. She knew that would convince Sean to turn on the X-Men because if there?s one thing the boy hated the most it was senseless killing. That situation didn?t HAVE to happen and neither Brody, Amalia nor Jeremy were to blame for it. Sean knew little about the situation at hand. They were surrounded and Jeremy flying out of the scene would?ve only caused him to be shot down by helicopters so the students only displayed self defense if someone wanted to get technical with it.

?Amalia?! You?re lying, she wouldn?t harm a fly! I know that girl, I?you?re a liar; I even ironed all her clothes, I helped her eat her food because she?s too mentally retarded to know how to pick up a fork right and?I just can?t believe that little girl is capable of hurting people. Jeremy?he?s one of the best people I?ve ever met in my life. We always got into fights and we never really got along but he?s a good person at heart; I?ll give him that. And Brody, big mistake telling that lie on her because I used to have a crush on the girl?there?s no way what you say is true so stop with your lies. Mr. Starbuck warned me about you; he said you?d say everything you?d want me to hear and never the truth,? Jeremy lectured.

Ainsley, for that comment, could?ve killed the boy right then and there. However, he is much more of an asset to her while living than dead. So instead of trying to refute him with her words, she simply reached over to her radio and turned it on so he could hear the news for himself.

{In later news, a tragic and horrific scene occurred just hours ago at the intersection of the Frontage road to Worchester and Trescobb Road. The Mutant Registration task force was making a routine check of a vehicle with suspected mutants inside. The situation turned from routine to a brutal display of mutant brutality. 25 Massachusetts sheriffs are dead, 58 army officials are dead and an array of expensive equipment is left in ruins. One officer managed to survive; 28 year old mother of 2, Joann Vallard. Officer Vallard describes the suspect that includes a young, brown haired, Caucasian male around 15 to 23 years old with a black shirt and jeans, a young, blonde, Caucasian female that looks to be about 16 years old with a light blue shirt with yellow lettering on it, blue jean pants and sandals?the strangest suspect in this all is, what Officer Vallard describes as an adolescent girl with clear white skin, a pink dress, blonde hair and blue eyes. Police and military personnel are asking for any information on these suspects or anyone that could be connected to this horrible, horrible crime to contact the Massachusetts Bay police department. This has been a news update from WRCK, now, back to the regularly scheduled program.}

Sean?s eyes widened as he just couldn?t believe it. Jeremy and Brody weren?t the biggest shocks more so than Amalia. Did that cute little princess have the mind to kill people? He just couldn?t accept it. The students were taught that killing was wrong and yet, 3 of the taught mutants violated the Registration Act, assaulted the law enforcement and even committed several acts of murder.

?Tell me this is a dream. Please, just tell me,? Sean said.

?I?m sorry Sean; I wish I could tell you that you are asleep and that when you wake up, none of this will be real. Unfortunately, it seems like the school you just came from will justify violence. Want proof? The Sheriff?s department and the military are still investigating this and since there?s no proof that these students came from that institution then there?s just no way to search the premises; mutants are everywhere after all and they could?ve came from anywhere. Not to mention the fact that Matthew never told the government about the school; he said it was a housing development for his own personal property. If your friends committed murder then they should?ve been turned in right? Isn?t that the right thing to do? Do you think Matthew did that? No, what does he do? Justify your friends taking lives. Do you want to know how I know that? Well, it?s simple actually because they?re still looking for the culprits. If Matthew REALLY wanted justice to be served then he?d turn them in. Did he? If you listened to the news report, they?re still looking for who did this so of course, no one has been found and no one has been turned in. You do the math?now, this is my first and last time offering you a chance at a life that doesn?t revolve around unacceptance and murder. Do you or do you not want to be taken to the next level?? Ainsley asked.[size=3][size=3]

[/size]
[/size]

Guest Garelock
Sean, without a second hesitation and knowing that in fact, his friends did kill people who were only doing their jobs answered with , ?I thought you?d never ask.?

[center][size=3]The End[/size][/center]
[center][size=3][/size] [/center]
[center][size=3][/size] [/center]
[left][font=Verdana][size=1][color=red]Please do not double post unless you absolutely have to. When I edited the post, it came up as being 60005 characters; five characters over. In future, do try to edit the post into the original before double posting. ^.~ -- Lady Asphyxia[/color][/size][/font][size=3][/left]

[/size]