OtakuBoards

Harlock

Dragonboym2

[COLOR=Blue]Hi again. Listen to this: I went to a anime store in Harvard Square, and they had nearly NO Harlock stuff. Say what? But he's HARLOCK! He's a legend. I'm a big fan of Harlock, and I'm amazed that there are fans who heard his name but have never seen him. Well, I recomend that they see "Arcadia Of My Youth", "Galaxy Express 999", "The Harlock Saga", and "Space Pirate Captain Herlock: Endless Odessy Outside Legend." Is anyone out there Harlock fans? Has anyone heard of him?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

Not really know too much about Harlock but Galaxy Express 999 and Space Cruiser Yamato are both my favorites. Once I am done with Die Legende Der Sternhelden (Legend of the Galatic Heroes), Harlock is my next step.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkorchid]I like Harlock, and it's true that he's quite popular and has been around for quite a while...but you must understand that a lot of anime stores cater to the newer anime fans, who know about anime through television - i.e., people who have never read Galaxy Express 999.

I live near Berkeley, CA and I have been in the little anime store we have...there definately isn't any Harlock merchandise there.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Qukey']Not really know too much about Harlock but Galaxy Express 999 and Space Cruiser Yamato are both my favorites. Once I am done with Die Legende Der Sternhelden (Legend of the Galatic Heroes), Harlock is my next step.[/quote]

[COLOR=Blue]That's one of the first times I saw Harlock, in "Galaxy Exspress 999: The Movie". His entrance was great, and it was one of the most memerable scenes I've seen.
"The Legend Of Galatic Heroes". That's quite interesting. Because it's got German characters and Harlock is German as well. I suggest you see "Arcadia Of My Youth" first. It's really well done.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

• 4 years later...
[FONT=Arial Black]I have heard of Harlock since I saw on T.V. the film "Galaxy Express 999" (1979). Enjoyed the movie so much I decided to look for more of the great space adventure Anime created by Harlock's creator Leiji Matsumoto.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Great thing I bought "Arcadia of My Youth" (1982) and "Harlock Saga" (1999) before stores went out of dvd copies of them.[/FONT]