Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[B]If anyone lives in england they may notice that they have a different title sequence and voices in DBZ. This is because the voices and title sequence are from a canadian company, now i have nothing against the canadians but their eps are edited differently to the american ones, so they contain less violence more talk. They also take a fair chunk out of the ep so it is shorter. Does anybody know why CN let them do that?![/B] :flaming: :flaming:
Posted
NO its not CN cant do shi* they get the dubbed stuff from funi
does ne1 know why AKIRA lets them Do that thats the better qustion Elite
Posted
funi pretty much bought them.. thus they can do whatever they want to them.. unfortunatly funi didn't get rights to any of the music.. so they have to put in their own crappy bgm
Posted
Crap is the perfect word to talk about it. That is sad how FUNi messes it for the AMericans but for other contreys they mess it more up.
Posted
That's what I thought. The Canadians edit DBZ too much, and it's not as good as the American DBZ version. (I have nothing against Canadians, I'm just saying that they edit DBZ a little much).
Posted
Well I hate to offend my own country but the americans mess it up sometimes too. Changeing names and editing. Why can't they just keep everything the same except change the words to english?!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyadude [/i]
[B]Well I hate to offend my own country but the americans mess it up sometimes too. Changeing names and editing. Why can't they just keep everything the same except change the words to english?! [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you on that one.............

I'm goin' now.........bye.....:sleep: :sleep:
Posted
because sometimes they say bad words.. and they are trying to focus it towards kids.. so they can show it on toonami

they do have unedited virsions.. where all they change is the words into english (but they still have the crappy bgm.. ohwell)
Posted
Guys I lived in the US before and CN has hte same episodes as the Canadians do so dont worry it'S same same, they wont change it just for two different countries. And towards the topic of Funi One Word SUCKY. That'S all I got to say about that.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]because sometimes they say bad words.. and they are trying to focus it towards kids.. so they can show it on toonami

they do have unedited virsions.. where all they change is the words into english (but they still have the crappy bgm.. ohwell) [/B][/QUOTE]
It was funny on one episode Gokou told Vejita and Nappa "Get the F*** off my planet" I hate they have to edit for the small ones. Dpon't like it don't watch it!.

Surpreme Kai I swear to the Heavenly God you never make any sense. Havn't you read thpasts posts?! It is different. Not the same.
Posted
Yes I do read the threads and there the same holy **** they are, there's just ahead of us that'S it because they bought more episodes then YTV because CN is like mostly a cartoon network, and ytv is like all kind of ****. I will explain why is the general forum why all of my errors if you want to know why.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyadude [/i]
[B]
It was funny on one episode Gokou told Vejita and Nappa "Get the F*** off my planet" I hate they have to edit for the small ones. Dpon't like it don't watch it!.

Surpreme Kai I swear to the Heavenly God you never make any sense. Havn't you read thpasts posts?! It is different. Not the same. [/B][/QUOTE]

actually no, son gokou did not swear at them, in fact, they swear very few times in the dragonball series, they occasionally say things like damn, but they don't really swear, in fansubs they just added swears in to add emotion....

and also, lay off supreme kai, his first language is french, so don't be surprised if his english is not perfect....
Posted
[B]Actually Seph there is quite a bit of swearing from the buu series onwards, i got someone to translate an ep that has goku ssj3 fighting majin buu it had F*** twice in that ep. The Canadian company is called AB distributions. There's a Pikkon vs goku episode thats 24 mins long in america but 21 mins long in england!![/B]
Posted
yeah or at least o the unedited or uncut versions on midnight run or on the saturday ones

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...