OtakuBoards

War of the Worlds

TheShinje

[center][color=DarkRed][font=Century Gothic][size=2][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/Shinjiotaku/war.jpg[/img][/size][/font][/color]
[/center]
[color=DarkRed][font=Century Gothic][size=2]
Well, apart from me, who else is looking forward to seeing Speilberg's retelling of the War of the Worlds?

I've just seen the trailer, and it looks superb, the visuals are stunning, and the action sequences are incredible (the ones we've seen)

So far, only eye candy, and no story. I'd have liked to see an Alien or a tripod make an appearance, but I guess they are the movie kingmakers and will be revealed only when it's released. The ET-like hand wrapping around the earth in a teaser poster looks cool though. Maybe Spielberg could have used the tagline "ET gone bad"

If the story sucks, at least the movies visuals will be good. Nothing better than watching Aliens tear earth a new one, er, movie-wise, that is. ;)
[/size][/font][/color]

[COLOR=Blue]I've seen the original "War Of The Worlds" a long time ago. It was a very well done movie, and was very true to the book. Speaking of which, try reading the book, it's very good.
I'm looking forward to the movie as well. I hope it does well, and I hope that it's not really a mindless summer popcorn flick. But I'm not sure if they kept the book in mind. Because to me, it looks like they got inspiration from it, but not as much as I would think.
I think it will do well, just as long as it stays inteligent.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]