Lord Dante Posted June 9, 2005 Posted June 9, 2005 I remember playing this game as a kid, and while browsing the "Retro games" section of my local game store, i came across it. and so i purchased it. personally i think that this game is quite good/imaginative/whatever for it's time. the original concept rocks too. any thoughts.
Semjaza Posted June 10, 2005 Posted June 10, 2005 I bought this game way, way back on the SNES when it first hit that system. I know it originated on something strange like 3DO or something. Honestly, I think the game is a subpar platformer that feels more like a shareware PC action game than anything I'd consider "great". The game has its moments, but overall I think it's just a mess of stupid enemy designs, dumb levels (the first one looks like candy and cake, whatever) and needlessly mazelike layouts (particularly the later stages). Obviously I don't care for it, but it's slightly better than something like Bubsy... which is probably its closest comparison.
Lord Dante Posted June 10, 2005 Author Posted June 10, 2005 [QUOTE=Generic NPC #3]I bought this game way, way back on the SNES when it first hit that system. I know it originated on something strange like 3DO or something. Honestly, I think the game is a subpar platformer that feels more like a shareware PC action game than anything I'd consider "great". The game has its moments, but overall I think it's just a mess of stupid enemy designs, dumb levels (the first one looks like candy and cake, whatever) and needlessly mazelike layouts (particularly the later stages). Obviously I don't care for it, but it's slightly better than something like Bubsy... which is probably its closest comparison.[/QUOTE] Yeh i guess so. but i used to have it on my old acorn RISC600, so it's just a nostalgia thing for me i think. i reckon it's the kind of game that's a laugh to play every once in a while.
Semjaza Posted June 10, 2005 Posted June 10, 2005 [quote name='Lord Dante']Yeh i guess so. but i used to have it on my old acorn RISC600, so it's just a nostalgia thing for me i think. i reckon it's the kind of game that's a laugh to play every once in a while.[/quote] Yeah, I can understand that much lol. Have you played the sequel? I heard it was better, but I never even saw it in the stores.
Lord Dante Posted June 10, 2005 Author Posted June 10, 2005 [QUOTE=Generic NPC #3]Yeah, I can understand that much lol. Have you played the sequel? I heard it was better, but I never even saw it in the stores.[/QUOTE] Zool had a sequel? i never knew that. i think though that my old RISC600 version had better graphics than the mega drive version i bought. either that or my memory's a bit fuzzy.
Tatsubei Yagyu Posted June 26, 2005 Posted June 26, 2005 I played it on Sega Genesis with my Sega Channel, but I never knew it had a sequel... Do you know what it's called? I may look online for it... :cool:
Sandy Posted June 26, 2005 Posted June 26, 2005 Why buy it when you can download it (actually both Zool and Zool 2) for free at [url]www.abandonia.com[/url]? ;) The games are located at the Arcade-section, on page 5. I didn't download it because it seemed just too quirky for me, with ChupaChups-landscapes and all... Oh, and I don't know if it's okay to put that link here, but since abandonia is 100% free site that has all these neat retrogames to download for play, I thought I could spread the word...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now