otakufan Posted July 2, 2005 Posted July 2, 2005 [QUOTE=Beta][SIZE=1]Ok you might have hinted what this thread is about by the title. Recently I was watching T.V and there was a special on people learning the Korean language. As I sat there and watched people struggle learning a new language I asked my self, "Why?" Why is it so hard to learn a new language? As most of you know I was born in Tokyo, Japan and lived there for three years. By then I knew a tad bit of Japanese, as most of you did with English. Then we moved to Singapore, Singapore for a while before moving to Toronto. I had to learn English in Singapore, it was mandatory at the schools. As well as Chinese. It was very hard to learn English, maybe because I was little? But then again there are older people who struggle learning new languages. I just want to know what your answer is. Why is learning a new language hard?[/SIZE][/QUOTE] I don't excatly know... the truth is that I also know two languages.. not Japanese or anything like that just plain spanish. But, yeah.. I don't know why..
Godelsensei Posted July 2, 2005 Posted July 2, 2005 French units are always heartily obscure and specific, as well. You have your BT corn, your movie make-up, your [i]fourmis[/i], your aliens coming to Earth to learn about Quebec's schools. None of it is at all useful, of course, when it comes to conversation. So you can sing a song about ants working together to make the queen happy. If some one came up to me and started spewing that kind of ****, I'd call the cops. >_>;;
Tyler Koregaten Posted July 2, 2005 Posted July 2, 2005 For me, learning English, Russian, Greek, and Armenian was hardest. I was brought up speaking Danish, so I can easily speak other Norse languages, but Asian and Cyriic languages are quite complicated. I had an especially hard time learning Russian. Here's a sample( I can't use the alphabet, so I'll use English letters) [I]Nataktva shineka ustek chena sitka nasa vi?[/I] which means[I]How are you doing today?[/I] or [I]kelda gasa tischtaa gurteska niktet khuutak[/I] which means [I]Isn't the weather nice today?[/I] Complicated, eh? Try Finnish: [I]Gjehesjlaa kiujsha aagy tui khaahujik tuadds sjikaa[/I] whoich means [I]Tommorow is my birthday[/I] ....Complicated, huh? Right.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now