OtakuBoards

Metal Slug 3

Hiei's #1 Lover

[quote name='Hiei's #1 Lover']Ok, I can't see if it is alrealy here, but anyway, this game rocks. It is an aracade and X-Box game, it rocks, but it is hard, my bro and me have a tough time with it...[/quote]

Back when it was released on the Xbox, it was a full-priced game. The Metal Slug series is great, but there was no way I was buying a single entry (not even the most recent) in the series, for over twenty dollars. Although it's probably dropped in price by now, a compilation would have been more reasonable.

[color=darkred]I've played Metal Slug Advance, and completed it the night I started it. Of course, I didn't bother trying to rescue all the hostages or collect all the cards, because in a game like Metal Slug, you want to get down to the nitty-gritty shooting and grenade-throwing, and leave aside all that malarkey for the RPGs. The length of the game didn't make it all that worthwhile anyway. Perhaps if each character's scenarios were different rather than the same, then I would've taken more interest.

About Metal Slug 3, I've never played it, but being an arcade fan I'm certainly aware of it. After playing MSA, I've pretty much given up hope on the MS games, simply because they fail to deliver the goods, i.e: they're repetitive. However, there was an attempt to make MS3 slightly more difficult through its continue system, where you'd use a continue whenever you'd die, but start at the beginning of the level you died at, and not the exact same spot where you died. From what I've heard, this is an annoyance, as the game has a tendency of getting too difficult at times without the system being put to work, meaning you never get anywhere due to the continues.

So, in contrast, if I was to get into another MS game, I'd look for reasonable length within, fair difficulty (to an extent where the game would actually be playable at the same time), and creativity, because with as many instalments as the MS games have, they're long past the point of repetitive, so new ideas would be nice... for a change.[/color]

I remember playing Metal slug in the arcade in 1999, adn i must say i found it funny.

I haven't bought metal slug 3 yet, because i have other, more pressing, financial commitments, and anyway, who wants to pay £16 for a game you can complete in an evening?