OtakuBoards

Requiem From the Darkness

Havokio

[COLOR=Indigo]Requiem: from the darkness.

Anyone ever hear of it? Not to be confused with the other Requiem, this show is insane, great animation, effects, and the coolest intro ever.

I've only stumbled onto it while buying DVD's. I went random, hoping something pops up. This gem is what I've gotten. This anime is, for some reason, not on the otaku boards. [/COLOR]

Well, Requiem from the Darkness (aka Hundred Stories) is hardly a high-profile release. I'd be surprised if many other people here have seen/heard of it.

Anyway, I agree that the OP sequence (and the ED, too--a prime example of classy fanservice) is excessively cool. I bought the first disc back when it originally came out, but while I found it interesting enough, it didn't grab me as much as it should have. I was deliberately looking for something with the darkness and episodic-ness of a show like Kino's Journey or Boogiepop Phantom; in retrospect, though, it's possible that at the time I was actually somewhat burned out in regards to anime of that type.

I loved the visuals, at any rate. I don't recall the actual animation being particularly good, but the use of color & etc. gave the episodes I watched a nice sense of atmosphere. I'm planning to pick up the remaining three discs at some point in the future. However, newcomers to Requiem from the Darkness may want to note that Geneon has already released a digipak collection for the series. It won't save you huge amounts of money, but it will save space.

~Dagger~

I've also heard of it. I loved the animation and the story line. I've only gotten to vol. 2 and I thought it was great. heh. Most of friends haven't heard of it either so One other friend, who owns them, was the one who got me into it. I loved it, and still do unfortantly I haven't been able to seen it past the 2 DVD...

[COLOR=Indigo]This happens to be my luckiest find.

I bought a few dvd's the other day, and decided to go random. I was disapointed in my purchased at first, then realized the gem that was Requiem. Anyone else hear of it/have it?

I've got dvd 1, and I need, NEED the other three.

...best...intro....evar[/COLOR]!!!