Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
So I've been gone for a long time!! A very long time for those who sorta know me from the past. Sorta like a blast from the past. So anways I've seen some of europe in the time that I've been gone. I've been to Austuria and Hungary.I love them so much, I think that I'm going to move there...lol. I've been busy with that and running the German Club and since I was part of that I got to go to Germany this summer!! It was so cool. Who else loves Europe?? Isn't a fanstaic place? If any one wants to talk about it just post it up here.
Posted
Hey, I've recently been to Europe and I have to say that it was not what I was expecting at all. I went with the school's french club, to France of course, and I think I expected too much out of the trip, you know. When I got there I didn't notice much of a difference, other than everyone was speaking some language I had a narrow grasp on. As the trip progressed I noticed that they have less tollerance for rudeness than Americans (Because of the way some of the other members of the group were acting), and they also have a quainter feel to their cities. That is to say that even the larger cities felt wide and open. But, I did enjoy their money system a lot more than the American one. Euro's made me feel like I was spending less because there were a lot of coins and it was extrememly colourful. Yeah, I guess I just wasn't used to it, but I'm glad I felt like I was spending 1 dollar when I was spending close to 2...
Posted
Of course I love Europe, I was born in Denmark! It is a beautiful place isn't it?
Some of my favorite places are Gilleleje Harbor in Denmark, Bonn, Germany; Paris,
Sankt Pyotrsburg(Saint Petersburg), Russia; and anywhere in Scandanavia.
I'm actually going to Europe next January to visit my house in Kobenhavn.

I'm glad that you share my love for Europe.
Posted
I went over to Europe with nothing in mind really, I wanted to keep my mind open to many of the possiblities that could come of it. I loved it there, though I do have to say that Austria was more expensive than Germany or Hungary. :catgirl: I felt like I was so close to home. Most of my family is from Italy so I was exicted. I think my next trip will be to Italy and stuff. Yeah the people there didn't seem to like some of the rudeness that our students gave to them. We had a handicap kid with us and her and I would get dirty looks espcailly in Hungary. It was very uncomfortable to her, but I told her that it was because they weren't used to seeing such a young person in a wheelchair in her situation. But now she lives in Minnestoa. I miss her dearly.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I've been to Europe (Britan, Italy, Greece, and Russia) and I must say that, with the exception of Russia, it's a fairly beautiful place. I love the Italian and Greek languages, Britan was basically like Canada just with soccer hooligins instead of Hockey Hosers. In Italy and Greece I was there looking at some old historical sites, I was at Pergamum (Better known as Troy or Illium) for a week or so, which was exciting for me being a Illiadophile. Russia was... well, to put it simply, ******. Ever since the Soviet Union collapsed, Russia has become so corrupt and ****-hole-ish it's disgusting. The Police Force is entirly privetly owned, 90% of the women you meet are hookers, it was really a terrible place. One of the people there said that if you break your leg, drive the 5 hours to Helsinki across the boarder instead of going to the regular hosptial.

Finally, Europe is fine. No Canada, but it's fine. [/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...