OtakuBoards

i have a question for anyone who knows japanese names.

dontmakemeBLU

[font=Trebuchet MS]As far as I can discern, the name Kaneda is just a name. I have a Japanese word processor (called JWPce, for anyone that's interested) with a built in dictionary, and when I type in Kaneda it simply comes up with the kanji for the name. No meanings. Sorry.

[b]dontmakemeBLU, [/b]we ask here at OB that when you begin a thread you make it of good quality and that you allow plenty of room for intelligent discussion. Your question invites only an answer, and no conversation. I'll help you out this time, but try and observe this in the future.

To add some actual discussion value to this thread: [b]what does your name mean? [/b]Mine (Matthew) is of Hebrew origin, meaning 'Gift of the Lord'.

(Obviously, if anyone knows a better answer to the original question, feel free to answer it.)
[/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed]To answer Raiyuu's question, my first name is Alexander, which is Greek. As far as I know, Alexander the Great was the first Alexander. Due to his conquering nature, he was called Protector of Men. Therefore my name means Protector of Men. Neat.

Oh, and Alexander is the 8th most common name in Sweden :animesmil Amazing what you find on the internet [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]To answer Raiyuu's question, my first name is Alexander, which is Greek. As far as I know, Alexander the Great was the first Alexander. Due to his conquering nature, he was called Protector of Men. Therefore my name means Protector of Men. Neat.

Oh, and Alexander is the 8th most common name in Sweden :animesmil Amazing what you find on the internet [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]Name stealer. I'm the original Alexander. Die. *murders you* Heh. Only a few million more to go.

As for Japanese names, I think there's those baby name lists that you can look up Kaneda on. It usually has a meaning, as well, but I can't promise anything.[/SIZE]

I was going to say the exact same thing as Chabichou (even guessing "Kaneda"'s name as "money" and "field").

Anyway, to answer the other question: My name is John and it means "Gift from God." My mom named me because I was born prematurely and it was unknown at the time if I would make it inside the incubator.

Oh and I stumbled on this site while searching for a Kanji name translator:

[url]http://www.japanesetranslator.co.uk/your-name-in-japanese/[/url]

It puts your name in Katakana writing pretty accurately (it got my last name almost perfect) so try it out.

thank you very much for helping me :) ill try to provide more thoughtfull and reply filled threads.
my name is sarah and it means princess....lame huh?
at least its an old name. i like that, being named something trendy like madison or dakota would suck...then again there are like a jillion sarahs out there. :D