Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
You can classify this many different ways, but i'm not going to bother because i'm not that heavy into it. I'm actually a huge hard rock/metal fan, but sometimes, you just aren't in the mood for it.

So when i've had enough, I turn to folk music. I don't know many people who are into folk music, and honestly I just started listening a few months ago and i've heard some amazing stuff out of bands like Death in June, Current 93, and Elliott Smith(my favorite). I just wanted to know if there are any other good folk bands out there, and who else tends to listen to them.
Posted
[COLOR=SeaGreen]I love Folk. It's my second favourit genre. Folk varies greatly, but I love it all.

Some good Folk Artists I can think of right now:

[B]Bruce Cockburn[/B] (Coh-burn) - try 'Waiting for a Miracle', 'Tokyo', or 'If I had a Rocket Launcher'

[B]Gordon Lightfoot[/B] - try 'Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald', 'Sundown', 'Canadian Railroad Trilogy (Beautiful song)'

[B]Neil Young [/B](Folk-Rock) - try 'The Painter', 'Harvest Moon', and if you're in an up beat mood, 'Keep on Rockin' in the Free World'

[B]Stan Rogers[/B] - try 'Northwest Passage', 'Bluenose', or 'Fogarty's Cove'

'Da Newf

Oowatanite[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...