OtakuBoards

Anyone else not get this?

Dan L

I didnt understand just one thing in tenchi universe... maybe someone else can shed some light on the situation... WHY ON EARTH did they start again with a completely new story line? Anyone who knows this, your comments are much appreciated...

Ummm they just wanted to. IT was kinda like from DBZ to DBGT. Different story yet some characters and some new. It is just an anime. The same thing over and over again gets boring.

:smirk: the reason for the different plot stories is that because japan wanted to see how the series will do if they gave it a different plot since the other plot did so well they decided to make another plot which is tenchi in tokyo. hope i can shed some light on this situation.

I reckon they should just have carried on aswell. The difference between Techi and its versions and DBZ & DBGT is that wot has happened in DBZ, is still part of DBGT. They can still remeber themselves. With Tenchi, they just change everything except the characters. It's Silly

Oh yeah and I agree with Heero Yuy, I think they just do it so they can see which one does best.

[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]combined and deleted your posts[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I would like to point out here that in the anime world, anything goes! Besides, it's kinda like parrallel dimensions. I mean, TT(Tenchi in Tokyo) and TU (Tenchi Universe) are taking place at the same time, with the same characters and powers, but in a different view, like if Kagato wasn't a Jurian, just some scientist, or if the Masiki family were the protectors of Earth from forces that normal beings cannot defeat. If ur not catchin on to what I'm saying, then u better go out and watch more anime before u comment on how the directors/writers should do their jobs! And if u say "But Akito, we're not telling them what to do", then i'll kick u in the :butthead: and say "Hello, ur the ones posting about how they should do the Tenchi series, aren't u? So that does mean that u are telling them how to do their jobs!"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaioshin [/i]
[B]calm down Akito!:bellylol: God u must love TT and TU. Ne way I understand wot ur sayin, and it does make sense bout the parallel universe. OK I drop my charges against TT and TU, but I still think its silly!:angry3: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, the sllier, the better! Thats what I say!

They are continuing the story line, which will be OVA 3, which is so far scheduled to be released in Japan sometime in Spring 2002. Which means it will likely be available in the US the following summer. For those of you not in the US, I give you my deepest sympathies for having to wait longer for the next part of the greatest anime series ever created! J/K, but it would drive me nuts if I knew it was coming out in another country and I had to wait!

ever see gundam wing? or endless waltz? same thing. gundam wing is an alternate universe to the gundam series, it even happens in a different time mensuration system. instead of Universal Century, it is in After Colony; gundam wing never actually happened. furthermore, endless waltz is an alternate universe to gundam wing, so that didnt happen either. who knows why they make alternate universes? probably because (like was said already) they wanted to see how successful it could be. but i think, its cuz when you get to the end of a story line, and you want to continue with the series, and theres nothing left to do... make up a new storyline loosely based upon the original! then fanatical fans like us will sop it up like sponges.

besides, if there had been no alternate universes.....there would be no *gasp* SAKUYA!

Guest Saiyaman
Well you got the same story for a while wouldn't it just get boring? I mean even for Tenchi. Changeing it gives it new life.

And kaio if you need to say something more just hit editted. Don't Double post.

Guest Saiyaman
Yeppers. Right after Gundam Wing ended. They made the "new" series but it bombed so they just made the three episodes into a movie. But this is the Tenchi discussion area. Not Gundam.

The producer says that he is never happy with the series he had done so he makes up a new plot naturally using the same main characters thinking he likes them. Yet each time he makes more, he's not happy with the outcome. So he says ^_^ This series that's coming out very soon is supposed to sum up all the loose strings and explain everything and since this might possibly be the last Tenchi series, the maker wants to answer that nagging question: Who should marry Tenchi or Who's the best match for Tenchi? That's right, he's going to finally make one of the girls become Tenchi's main squeeze.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Vash, Endless Waltz took place after the Gundam Series. [/B][/QUOTE]

I had always been told that though Endless Waltz takes place a year later from the end of Gundam Wing, that it was an alternate universe, but it was hard to tell. For example, the "Custom Gundums" were shown even though it was before Gundam Wing. I don't know... it could be either. It could be that it is in real time to the alternate universe that is gundam wing, or it could be an alternate universe to an alternate universe, cuz the custom thing doesnt fit the flashbacks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DrunkenMaster88
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=purple]And this is a bad thing?[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

:haha: right on Sakuya sucks. Anyways, I think the tenchi series have diffrent story lines because if they kept going with the same story line they would run out of idea's alot faster and besides different story lines means more creative space.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vash [/i]
[B]

I had always been told that though Endless Waltz takes place a year later from the end of Gundam Wing, that it was an alternate universe, but it was hard to tell. For example, the "Custom Gundums" were shown even though it was before Gundam Wing. I don't know... it could be either. It could be that it is in real time to the alternate universe that is gundam wing, or it could be an alternate universe to an alternate universe, cuz the custom thing doesnt fit the flashbacks. [/B][/QUOTE]

They destroyed the gundams. I don't think it's a alternate universe.