kalon Posted March 24, 2006 Posted March 24, 2006 My small town has garnered some fame for something I think is fairly unique: mules. That's right, I live in Columbia, TN, the mule capital of the world. I doubt any of you have heard of it, unless you are in the mule business or live here in Columbia. Every first Saturday in April we have a parade dedicated to mules that also deals with other farm animals, and we have a festival of sorts. In case you do not know, my town is certified red-neck country. :animeswea In honor of this splendid event aptly named Mule Day, I am starting a thread to see if you all know of any weird holidays, whether they are in your town or half-way across the world. If you can come up with a holiday more red-neck than Mule Day in Columbia, I will put you on my signature. Coming up with a more hill billy holiday will make me feel better about the mule-loving town I live in. :animesmil
Guest Kyonkitchi-kun Posted March 24, 2006 Posted March 24, 2006 Uhhmm.....lets see here......oooh!! I know how about bring your twenty-gauge/mule to school day? :animesmil
kalon Posted March 25, 2006 Author Posted March 25, 2006 [quote name='Kyonkitchi-kun']Uhhmm.....lets see here......oooh!! I know how about bring your twenty-gauge/mule to school day? :animesmil[/quote] Sadly, I am sure that is celebrated somewhere in the South. I have actually found a shotgun bullet outside my school, so it might be started in the near future. I was hoping for real, bona fide holidays, though.
Lt.Zero Posted April 23, 2006 Posted April 23, 2006 Well I know this one family that moved here from...I forget. I'll find out later. But they have a celebration 'bout their ancestors taking part in some kind of caddle run. Would you cosider that a red-neck holiday?
Darky Dee Posted April 23, 2006 Posted April 23, 2006 There's National Talk Like a Pirate Day here in the states. =/
Sayuri-sama Posted April 23, 2006 Posted April 23, 2006 well i always found arbor day and flag day pretty werid here. i mean what the heeck am i supposed to do on that day?:sleep:
Kanariya Posted April 24, 2006 Posted April 24, 2006 [QUOTE=Darky Dee]There's National Talk Like a Pirate Day here in the states. =/[/QUOTE] [size=1][font=georgia]Haha, actually, that [i]is[/i] true, at least at my school it happens. I was in school, and they said on the announcements 'Today is Talk Like A Pirate Day!'. I thought it was some dumb thing the school had made up themselves, but hearing this makes me laugh.[/font][/size]
Momiji Love Posted April 25, 2006 Posted April 25, 2006 [CENTER][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Erm. Well. This past April 20th was "[B]National [spoiler]Pot[/spoiler] Smoking Day[/B]" Two girls in my swimming class has their t-shirts confiscated because they said,"Support 4-20" and "Happy 4-20!"' There is also a "[B]National Hoedeehoe Day[/B]". Its in late winter or early spring (can't remember... I celebrated in the 4th grade) where you go outside, and at the top of your lungs holler," Hoedeehoe!" I'm not sure of the exact reason why. Hope these are unusual enough for you![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now