OtakuBoards

Wedding Peach

Aaryanna

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Wedding Peach is a fifty one-episode series along with a four-episode OVA that was originally produced in Japan back in 1995. Although at first glance it appears to be a rip-off of Sailor Moon with all the transformations and special attacks, closer examination shows that in many ways it stands on it?s own merits.

For starters one of the things I like about Wedding Peach is that often the transformation sequences are abbreviated keeping them from being an unnecessary distraction from the overall show. I also like how on some levels it doesn?t take itself very seriously. It?s so ridiculous at times that you can?t help but laugh at it.

Basically it?s the story of a war between the wicked Lady Raindevila who conspires to rid the world of romance and love and the goddess Aphrodite who is determined to stop her. In the effort to stop Lady Raindevila four high school girls become love angels who defend the angel?s realm from the devils who serve Lady Raindevila.

What surprised me the most is that it was given a 13+ recommendation. I?ve only seen the first twenty-seven episodes but so far it seems like it is a show that would appeal to ages eight and up. For a light and basically fluffy show I?ve found it quite enjoyable.

So who else has seen this show? And what do you think of it? ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]I?ve seen it. Especially since Sailor Moon was one of the very first anime shows I ever watched. When I heard that Wedding Peach was supposed to be a rip off I decided to check it out. I can see why you like it. It is a bit on the goofy side and the way Momoko and Yousuke fight with each other is entertaining to watch.

Perhaps its because I have a soft spot for Sailor Moon that I ended up liking this show in spite of it being so goofy. It really doesn?t take itself too seriously after all when the Angel Limone shows up by [spoiler]descending on golden steps that descend from the heavens accompanied by organ music[/spoiler] I couldn?t help but laugh! And for an older anime character he?s pretty cute as well.

You?ve got an advantage over me though as I?ve only seen the first 22 episodes so far. One of these days I?d like to see the rest.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I too have seen this show. And sometimes I wonder why I continue to watch it. Maybe it?s for the same reason that indifference does. I too have a soft spot for Sailor Moon since it was one of the first anime shows that I saw uncut. So when I heard that Wedding Peach was similar I couldn?t help but watch it.

I get a kick out of the interaction between Momoko, Yuri and Hinagiku. And when Momoko was [spoiler]attacked by the devil Pluie, [/spoiler]I laughed at the predictable pause where she noticed how cute he was. And you knew that when [spoiler]the devil Pluie was trying to steal her mothers ring, that someone was going to save her. [/spoiler] Still I wasn?t expecting the Angel Limone to show up on [spoiler] glowing stairs that descended from the heavens. Accompanied by Organ music no less! lol! [/spoiler]

I?ve seen the first 27 episodes as well. It?s reached the point that I?m sure there will be some plot twists coming up. It will be interesting to see if I have guessed correctly. [/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen'] It?s reached the point that I?m sure there will be some plot twists coming up. It will be interesting to see if I have guessed correctly. [/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=Indigo]I?m thinking the same thing too. Especially after watching the episode where both Momoko and Yousuke are attacked by [spoiler]the devil Pluie and his accomplice that stole Momoko?s ring. [/spoiler]Since Yousuke seemed to posses some type of [spoiler]mysterious power that protected Momoko, [/spoiler]I?m betting that later on he either becomes [spoiler]an ally like Limone or one of the Devils. [/spoiler]

And what do you think of Limone? I?m thinking that he and [spoiler]Kazuya Inaba are one and the same,[/spoiler] even with the difference in their hair lengths. They just look so similar and their personalities seem to match as well. I suppose I could just look online to find out, but I really hate to spoil what?s going to happen if I don?t have to. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo]Since Yousuke seemed to posses some type of [spoiler]mysterious power that protected Momoko, [/spoiler]I?m betting that later on he either becomes [spoiler]an ally like Limone or one of the Devils. [/spoiler'][/COLOR][/quote]My first guess would be that Yousuke is [spoiler]an alley instead of a devil.[/spoiler] Mainly because when Pluie [spoiler]kidnaps him, the attempt to corrupt him fails. [/spoiler]Though I suppose it?s possible that a stronger devil could [spoiler]turn him into a devil later on in the show.[/spoiler]
[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo]And what do you think of Limone? I?m thinking that he and [spoiler]Kazuya Inaba are one and the same,[/spoiler] even with the difference in their hair lengths. They just look so similar and their personalities seem to match as well. I suppose I could just look online to find out, but I really hate to spoil what?s going to happen if I don?t have to. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe, I hadn?t thought of that before, but now that I think about it you?re probably right. They are an awful lot alike. ^_^ [QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen'] It?s reached the point that I?m sure there will be some plot twists coming up. It will be interesting to see if I have guessed correctly. [/COLOR][/quote]I agree, if it really is a rip off of Sailor Moon then it has to have the plot twists! lol! I?ll be finding out soon enough though since I?ll be getting the season two box set in just a little bit.^_^ [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My first guess would be that Yousuke is [spoiler]an alley instead of a devil.[/spoiler] Mainly because when Pluie [spoiler]kidnaps him, the attempt to corrupt him fails. [/spoiler]Though I suppose it?s possible that a stronger devil could [spoiler]turn him into a devil later on in the show.[/spoiler]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE][COLOR=Indigo]I forgot about that. It's been so long since I actually saw that episode.

So have either of you seen the second season yet? I borrowed the set from one of my friends. I like the new intro & ending music. And there are scenes in the introduction that confirm the idea that Yousuke ends up being [spoiler]turned into a devil[/spoiler]

I like the introduction of the fourth love angel though it seemed like they resolved her [spoiler]desire to kill the devils instead of purifying them far too quickly.[/spoiler] I just find it hard to believe that after feeling that way for so long she could get over it so quickly.
[/COLOR]