OtakuBoards

MC-ing

Your Mother

[SIZE=1]Has anyone here had any experience with being a Master of Ceremonies? For example, being the night's MC at a school talent show, or a poetry-reading night. If so, was it hard or difficult for you to do?

Were you nervous? If so, or if you've had experience, try and give some pointers- I'm going to audition to be the MC of the upcoming talent show in our school. E.g. what should be said to the crowd, how to introduce the next performance, and so on.[/SIZE]

I've MCed a few large skateboarding/biking events. I use a microphone at work every day and have a lot of fun with it, so I wasn't nervous. That's the key really--just enjoying it. If your enjoyment comes through then everyone will enjoy listening.

Just make sure that your voice is full of inflections and you don't speak in a monotone voice. Speak loudly, clearly, be witty and have confidence. That's all there is to it. You can have a lot of fun with a talent show, in particular. Try preparing a list of jokes or an outline of things you'd like to say about each person before you go on, if you get the role.