Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Check this out, and just in time for christmas!


Recommended Posts

Posted
This is an e-mail i got that a thought was funny...

Never thought about this but I guess it must be true. According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male
reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December. Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to every historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, every single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen- had to be a girl. We should've known. Only women would be able to drag a fat-*** man in a red velvet suit all around theworld in one night and not get lost.

note: I'm not sexist in any way, because if i was i wouldn't post this because i happen to be a male.(I've known people who know females named Mike.)
Posted
[color=indigo]:wow::rotflmao: Whoa.... that's so very true. Haha.... but isn't there more than one type of reindeer? I'm too lazy to find out for myself(which is very unlike me.... no lecture today... :lecture:.)[/color]
Posted
I dunno, i'm not sure, this makes very much since, and i'm glad i posted it, i tought it would have been a dead topic...hehe
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mike [/i]
[B]I dunno, i'm not sure, this makes very much since, and i'm glad i posted it, i tought it would have been a dead topic...hehe [/B][/QUOTE]


This a dead Topic??? no way... This makes total sense in so many ways.......

:naughty: :demon: Peace!!:mrt: :smirk:
Posted
Actually, the whole red-suit Santa thing hasn't even been around long. Coca-Cola created him about 80 years ago.
You all know that famous picture of him holding up a Coke bottle? That's the original red-suited, jolly man.

Man, that's kind of weird to think that he hasn't even been around that long...
Posted
Geeze, so, shouldn't they have female names then?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Geeze, so, shouldn't they have female names then? [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]And "vixen" is a male name since, when?[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]And "vixen" is a male name since, when?[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, maybe not "Vixen", but "Rudolph" certainly is a guy's name. No girls I've ever met are called Rudolph...

And Santa Claus is the way he is due to Coca-Cola? No way!!!
I'd swear he wore red before...

And, PiMu, funny picture.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by szyJYM [/i]
[B]Actually, the whole red-suit Santa thing hasn't even been around long. Coca-Cola created him about 80 years ago.
You all know that famous picture of him holding up a Coke bottle? That's the original red-suited, jolly man.

Man, that's kind of weird to think that he hasn't even been around that long... [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Yes, I've heard that before....about the Coca-Cola.... But I've also heard that the red outfit comes from Saint Nicholaus or some such person being...a bishop, or something?....and wearing traditional read robes...or, well, yeah, whatever.....

And there's the classix, Santa=Satan. Red outfit, same letters in the name, a list of all the bad people, whatever.....[/FONT] :babble:
Posted
That stuff...is kind of freaky. The whole reindeer thing I was just like yeah okay, but then the Satan thing...that's so WEIRD! I never EVER could have thought about that on my own. Some people must just have alot of time on their hands.

And by the way, Vixen is my favorite reindeer. She has the coolest name.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]And by the way, Vixen is my favorite reindeer. She has the coolest name. [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Don't she, though?

Heh... And then there's the infamous Olive...... >_<"[/FONT]
Posted
My mom got [I]really[/I] drunk when she was putting names on my christmas gifts and instead of Santa she put Satan by accident... Freaky!:eek: :devil:

And the reindeer thing is really cool! I would have never know...:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Yes, I've heard that before....about the Coca-Cola.... But I've also heard that the red outfit comes from Saint Nicholaus or some such person being...a bishop, or something?....and wearing traditional read robes...or, well, yeah, whatever.....

And there's the classix, Santa=Satan. Red outfit, same letters in the name, a list of all the bad people, whatever.....[/FONT] :babble: [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know if it still happens, but I recently read that the German equivalent of Santa Claus is St. Nicolas. (Or something)
He travelled with another person, who was like his alter ego, and was evil. I don't think they do it anymore, but in some countries, Christmas, or "Weinachten", is celebrated on 7th December, or something. Bad kids used to be beaten, and good kids got fruit (This is all true). It might have been last century, and yes, St. Nicolas did wear a red bishop's robe.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]

I don't know if it still happens, but I recently read that the German equivalent of Santa Claus is St. Nicolas. (Or something)
He travelled with another person, who was like his alter ego, and was evil. I don't think they do it anymore, but in some countries, Christmas, or "Weinachten", is celebrated on 7th December, or something. Bad kids used to be beaten, and good kids got fruit (This is all true). It might have been last century, and yes, St. Nicolas did wear a red bishop's robe. [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Well St. Nick's day isn't Christmas, lol. But yeah...I can't remember the name, but you're right on most counts there....[/FONT]
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Lol, that's kinda funny.. I got [i]this[/i] in an email not too long ago, I think it's kinda fitting to the topic :) (see attachment)[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Baahaha! Nice one PM :rotflmao:

and yes, I thought that rudolph acted a bit too feminine, and had a slight hint of a lisp, so there was no way he could be striaght...guess that answers the question :)
Posted
Not many people know that there was really a st. nicolos...he went around and gave out presents...but he dies in the year 328...also, why, everytime a movie about reindeer... they alway have guy voices?
Posted
Probably because they don't know what we know...

:devil: :devil: :devil:

So what is it, really?
"On Dasherette, on Dancie, on Prancess and Vixen"?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...